+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tilden
  • 3 Post By Bearcata

Thread: 2/9 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

2/9 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

Race to the Finale - The designers create editorial looks inspired by street-art murals for their final challenge. Later, the kids face a double elimination.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/9 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

They're going into Mood when it's closed, and Tim is the checkout clerk! Cracks me up.

Chris is picking some horrible looking fabrics.

Tim's breaking things, and the kids don't have help finding what they want. I've never seen it like this!

Granted, I am not the intended audience for these types of garments and this style, but I must say they don't look good to me. In fact, as I was watching them work, I was actually saying "ew" to most of them and unconsciously making my disgusted/horrified face. LOL! High fashion and editorial?

My impressions as they come down the runway:

Izzy: I like it, mostly. It looked pretty good against the art work. It looks fun.
    Hawwaa: I don't care for it. And it doesn't look well done either, again.
    Molly: all black and white, so it's fine (to me). The white cape looks a little wedding-veil-ish, but the model used it in the photo shoot w/the art, showing movement.
    Chris: Kelly says "wow" when she sees it. It's super busy and colorful; I guess he did okay with all those nasty fabrics, but it's not that appealing to me.
    Tieler: white velvet boring and camel toe look. Poor guy knows he's toast. What was he thinking?
    Chelsea: starry dress made of leather, looks kind of cute. I liked it against the artwork.

Judges: were blown away by the runway. Afterwards, they tell the kids they were very divided on the decisions.
    Top: Chelsea, Izzy, Chris (Kelly: "love.need.want."), Hawwaa (kind of)
    Bottom: Tieler (wrong fabric, fit issues, but Kelly liked it against the art), Molly (she's designing for herself)

Won: Chelsea
    In: Izzy and Chris
    Out: Molly
    Hawwaa and Tieler get to create collections, but only one will show. One will get cut before the finale.

That leaves Molly feeling sad, and left out, that she didn't get a chance too. I'd much rather see a collection from her than Hawwaa, to be honest. I can see why they gave Tieler a chance to show, because it seems like he does have innovative ideas and it could be interesting, but Molly's been interesting too. The look tonight wasn't awesome, but it wasn't horrible either. I think Hawwaa's had some horrible looks this season.

FORT Fogey

I think Haawaa probably would have gone home had it not been for Kelly's endless and loud support of her pretty much all season. Really, I could do without Kelly on the show, as I find her own taste a bit questionable, and frankly, I'm sick of the purple hair. Enough already. She's had it for years, and I guess it's now her signature look, but it's so pale and washed out. It reminds me of the old blue rinse little old ladies used to have. I don't necessarily like unusual hair colors, but I've known people Kelly's age and younger who've had hair in a variety of unusual colors who've at least picked colors that were lively and interesting.

I agree with the assessment of the other judges that Haawaa's been doing pretty much the same thing all season long and it looks young, which is, probably, the result of her being young herself. But the rest of them seem capable of making clothes for a variety of ages and they sew better than she does and design at least as well if not better. I don't see her making the final cut, unless her competition completely melts down or Kelly throws such a purple-hued fit that they let her have her way and then just let Haawaa go first out of the final four.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

Apparently enough of the judges realize that Tieler has much better ideas and skills but has just blown it the last two weeks.

Really the only two I really liked were Chelsea and Izzy's. Was glad Chelsea won because the stars idea at least was inspired and it turned out rather cute.

Izzy FINALLY produced something really well made and cute when her back was against the wall (it was do well or go home moment).

Chris' wasn't my favorite, but it did fit his mural's design. He's also worked hard to stay out of the bottom so I'm glad he is advancing.

Sad Molly was eliminated because I would've liked to see what she could've made for a final runway.

I'm especially sad because honestly Haawaa again is given a pass for repetitive nonsense and rather boring at that. At least Moly ATTEMPTED to be creative.

Tieler - OK, I admit it the outfit is bad but he's got at most the same record now as Haawaa.

Again, I'd rather someone try something creative and fail than safe week after week after week (and so on).

I think they're having this throw down simply because Kelly Osborne is demanding it. Haawaa has been safe and boring, Tieler is creative but had misses. Given time he would produce a better runway.

Sadly, I think we'll see Haawaa win this runway runoff, and if she does, you may as well be ready for her to win. That will be sad, but I'm really starting to think this is what they want given the situation.

I would have been OK with both Tieler and Hawaa going.
    petertracy, Babbred and jeanne like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I would have been OK with both Tieler and Hawaa going.
    I am too, even more so if we get three looks that are in the same vein as what they've been producing as of late.

My belief however is if Haawaa's is clearly inferior to Tieler's we will get the announcement that "they cannot decide, so BOTH are going to be in the finale because they're 'both great'."

Yes, this is truly sarcasm, but let's look at reality: Many of the other designers have produced better designs than Haawaa in particular and had better records than her.

But they were eliminated for being "safe" whereas Haawaa's have basically been safe (which got Chelsea sent home, and hers was Milan runway worthy and better sewn) or not sewn well (most glaring case again same Milan challenge). NO ONE can tell me that they're finding "reasons" to keep her in the game.

It's why I defend Tieler's Milan challenge in particular - it failed a bit in fit (partially Tim's fault and he owned up to it), but at least it was well-sewn and he took the challenge to heart. I think hers did neither. Even Erin would've made a more Milan-runway worthy outfit that what Haawaa presented.

(Of note - I hated his most recent design, and he is indeed lucky most of the judges wanted him to advance so he gets the second chance with this runway challenge).

+ Reply to Thread