• 1 Post By jadewarlock
  • 2 Post By ibot2much
  • 2 Post By jadewarlock
  • 2 Post By ibot2much
  • 2 Post By jadewarlock
  • 1 Post By Babbred

Thread: 2/2 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

2/2 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

High End Italian Fashion - The kids create high-fashion looks for Milan Fashion Week in hopes of advancing to the next round and winning a trip to Italy.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/2 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

(note if I have Cartier and Chelsea mixed up I apologize. My opinions on the dresses are still the same).

OK, I'm sorry but Haawaa is being given far FAR too many second chances. Her outfit was not well made and had nothing to do with a fashion show in Milan. I'm starting to worry she will be the winner of the season, nevermind the rest of the designers save maybe Izzy have been overall far better designers. I cannot believe she thought that outfit would be a top look. I liked the pants, but I do think they needed to be stitched better. The jacket was not well made (to be nice).

Cartier who was eliminated may have had a safe dress, but it still was pretty and more importantly complete and would fit in a fashion show in Milan. She also has a much better win/safe record I believe than Haawaa. I think she'd been better off if she took Tim's advice here, especially when she still dyed the material on the top again. A darker color would've helped her case too.

Tieler just had a bad week, and honestly, in spite of the judges' comments, we've seen far more risque (and revealing - including intentionally done this way) designs run down many of the show's runways, let alone real red carpets.

I'm glad Tim came up to bat to explain what happened - and even then it was more fashion forward than the two bottom looks. It would've been perfect if the top didn't show so much cleavage - but it could've been far worse. At least the poor model didn't have to worry about wearing a washer bikini, or have other parts of her body showing.

Molly's I liked, but I can see where it was safe - to a point.

Izzy's was weird, and as they judges said would've benefitted more with a solid front color and maybe the back neck in the front. That said, it was weird and interesting enough it deserved - if just - to be in the top three. I think however if Molly's was in a bit more color, she might've edged Izzy out here. (In this case given the challenge - Izzy earned safe/top, not bottom IMHO).

Chris and Chelsea were the best of the group. Loved both of them, but Chelsea's had just enough of an "umph" and mix of masculine, femininity and interest to win in my honest opinion. I really liked the oddity of pockets - which were interesting, and the lining I agree with Kelly and Christian honestly - it was a bit too flashy, but the color did help highlight the buttons so you realize the dress was pockets.

Plus, while I know Chris was disappointed he wouldn't get a trip to Italy, he doesn't have to worry about the taxes on said trip - regardless if he wins the season or not.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am guessing that Molly and Haawaa should go next week, leaving 4 designers who have showed some really interesting stuff----FAR more than what we saw in PR . They really have to pick better in the next season of PR in order to compete with what these kids showed.

Except for the hems, Chris' outfit was perfection, but Chelsea really did herself proud. I would think that Tieler should have had the thought to take a piece of fabric left from the pants and make a tuck in top to cover the problem area.
    navybelle and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I am guessing that Molly and Haawaa should go next week, leaving 4 designers who have showed some really interesting stuff----FAR more than what we saw in PR . They really have to pick better in the next season of PR in order to compete with what these kids showed.

Except for the hems, Chris' outfit was perfection, but Chelsea really did herself proud. I would think that Tieler should have had the thought to take a piece of fabric left from the pants and make a tuck in top to cover the problem area.
    Honestly, I think it was the hems that determined first and second. Both of these were made and fit the challenge of Milan fashion week, and deserving of the win.

And I agree with Tieler and wonder why he didn't attempt to whipstitch a panel to at least cover most of the area (at least to show a 1/4-boob instead.

That said, there WAS the chance the panel would tear, and create a much bigger problem, including ruining the outfit.

But again - at least the model was mostly covered and not in an outfit that nearly literally screamed "Barbarella." I have yet to forget that horrid washer bikini Emilio designed that left little to the imagination, and really would fit in one of said heroine's comics (Let's just say Jane Fonda's outfits were in comparison conservative).

I really do not know why Haawaa is there - she's been in the bottom more times than I believe any of the rest of them. This is ESPECIALLY true when comparing them in the bottom two. Hate saying it but if she's in the finals, I have a feeling she will win the season.

On a funnier note, I did love Chelsea's stream of consciousness remarks that lead to her design. I don't know how spaghetti would go to Swiss Cheese to Swiss Army knife, but it at least produced something cool.
    beerbelly and navybelle like this.

FORT Fogey

Chelsea is cute and she has had super hero stories for a lot of her early work. I was running her s-o-c regarding her design... I came up with Swiss Guards ( for the Vatican), but of course those uniforms --while military-- are pretty colorful.

I really hope they do not ruin this show ( also) by selecting Haawaa as the winner. There have been too many amazing designs from the other kids...so much so that i am really anticipating seeing their collections.
    Jezebella and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    (note if I have Cartier and Chelsea mixed up I apologize. My opinions on the dresses are still the same).

OK, I'm sorry but Haawaa is being given far FAR too many second chances. Her outfit was not well made and had nothing to do with a fashion show in Milan. I'm starting to worry she will be the winner of the season, nevermind the rest of the designers save maybe Izzy have been overall far better designers. I cannot believe she thought that outfit would be a top look. I liked the pants, but I do think they needed to be stitched better. The jacket was not well made (to be nice).

Cartier who was eliminated may have had a safe dress, but it still was pretty and more importantly complete and would fit in a fashion show in Milan. She also has a much better win/safe record I believe than Haawaa. I think she'd been better off if she took Tim's advice here, especially when she still dyed the material on the top again. A darker color would've helped her case too.

Tieler just had a bad week, and honestly, in spite of the judges' comments, we've seen far more risque (and revealing - including intentionally done this way) designs run down many of the show's runways, let alone real red carpets.

I'm glad Tim came up to bat to explain what happened - and even then it was more fashion forward than the two bottom looks. It would've been perfect if the top didn't show so much cleavage - but it could've been far worse. At least the poor model didn't have to worry about wearing a washer bikini, or have other parts of her body showing.

Molly's I liked, but I can see where it was safe - to a point.

Izzy's was weird, and as they judges said would've benefitted more with a solid front color and maybe the back neck in the front. That said, it was weird and interesting enough it deserved - if just - to be in the top three. I think however if Molly's was in a bit more color, she might've edged Izzy out here. (In this case given the challenge - Izzy earned safe/top, not bottom IMHO).

Chris and Chelsea were the best of the group. Loved both of them, but Chelsea's had just enough of an "umph" and mix of masculine, femininity and interest to win in my honest opinion. I really liked the oddity of pockets - which were interesting, and the lining I agree with Kelly and Christian honestly - it was a bit too flashy, but the color did help highlight the buttons so you realize the dress was pockets.

Plus, while I know Chris was disappointed he wouldn't get a trip to Italy, he doesn't have to worry about the taxes on said trip - regardless if he wins the season or not.

I would have been happy with either Chris or Chelsea winning. My husband is from Britain, and so we travel back there every couple of years. I enjoy it when we get there, but have mercy. It's exhausting to travel that far, not to mention expensive. And hubby won't drive in other parts of Europe because he says they're terrible drivers. I do want to see Rome/the Vatican before I die, but I think once would be enough for me.

Ah, yes. Emilio, Wendy Pepper, and their bikini "dresses." Thanks for the memories. Although they are not the only ones. A few seasons ago PR had Michelle, who freely admitted she would have sent her models down the runway topless if she could have. Since she couldn't, she pushed the envelope by putting them in outfits as risque as she could make them.

Hawaa is the new Erin.
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-03-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ah, yes. Emilio, Wendy Pepper, and their bikini "dresses." Thanks for the memories. Although they are not the only ones. A few seasons ago PR had Michelle, who freely admitted she would have sent her models down the runway topless if she could have. Since she couldn't, she pushed the envelope by putting them in outfits as risque as she could make them.
    Oh yes, and I remember that one quite well - she was sent home then given a "second chance" and ended up winning the season. Toughest "challenge" - getting stuck in New York because she was the one who got saved/another chance. (Personally, I believe she's one of the few who returned for AS who did far better than her first season, and should've been in the finals).

In fairness to her, at least the boobs were covered, as were most of Tieler's model. Risque, bordering on being tabloid fodder, but neither case were say the infamous Jennifer Lopez green dress.

On the flip side - Ping and Sandro have had the bottom halves of their models showing in challenges... which Sandro's case they had to be pixillated and Ping's - like Tieler - enough was covered you'd have to be hard pressed to realize the model's butt was showing.

And yes Haawaa is reminding me of Erin on many levels - design and personality. Even my Mom, who defended Erin, said that Haawaa shouldn't be there over Cartier last night. The outfit didn't meet the criteria, plain and simple - you'd see, even as simple as it was, Cartier's design in Milan over Haawaa's.
    Jezebella and Babbred like this.

So sad Cartier was eliminated.
    No goat killers on my island.

I also think Cartier had more potential. Remember, she came from a small town so had very little in the way of fabric choices. She talked about how a lot of her stuff she made with unconventional materials. (Her very first dress was made from newspapers that she had shredded to make a skirt.) Seems to me she would have fit in more with the couture/avant guarde world than Hawaa.
    Bearcata likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I don't get why Haawaa is still there either, but I confess that I haven't liked her much since the team challenge where Tim used up his save because he felt she'd bullied her partner. Just in terms of what she's produced, however, her styles haven't been consistent or well sewn, and I didn't get why what she made for this challenge would have fit in with a Milan fashion wee show either. I understood why the top two looks were the top two looks, though. I'm beginning to think that it's Kelly who's pushing to keep Haawaa around because she's more into the unusual, off-kilter looks that she thinks are progressive. But honestly, would anyone over, say, twenty or so want to wear what Haawaa has produced thus far? That would be fine if she were planning on marketing solely to younger people, but the other designers seem to have more ability to design for a wider variety of audiences. To me, that makes them better, more versatile designers who would be likely to have more of a future in fashion.

Of course, it could be that Haawaa designs young because she is young and that her style may change and develop as she does. Even if that turns out to be true, though, she would do herself considerable good if she concentrated some time and effort on improving her sewing/tailoring skills because that can only help whatever it is she does decide to design.

+ Reply to Thread