Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By navybelle
  • 2 Post By Starbucks880
  • 1 Post By Bearcata
  • 2 Post By ibot2much
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock

Thread: 1/26 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

1/26 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

Firefighting Clients - A surprise fire drill introduces the kids to their new clients. Later, some of the designers struggle to work with their clients.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/26 PR Junior 2 Show Discussion

The designers are doing a pretty good job trying to please their clients, but in doing so some of them are making boring dresses. Nice, but boring. I give them a lot of credit, though, for doing what the women wanted!

I had to laugh at one of the girls who essentially said, "I'm 14: I've never had a date night. But I've babysat so I know what people wear on date nights." That was cute, and so realistic.
    beerbelly and Babbred like this.

Seeing them come down the runway, I'll say I really like:

Cartier's dress - though Tim should get the credit for the idea to turn it inside out. She looks amazing. Very cool idea!
    Tieler's - even though it's not a very exciting pink and the style is super plain, it looks very nice on the woman.
    Molly's - the woman looks great in it.

And I dislike:
    Chris's - it doesn't look very interesting and doesn't fit well
    Chelsea's - weird looking
    Izzy's - it makes the woman look very heavy.

and...Tim's outfit! haha

SAFE: Hawwaa, Chelsea

Top Looks according to the judges:
    Tieler's
    Cartier's (and Tim's) dress - it's amazing looking on her (Tim gave the client credit for the turning it inside out idea, so ??)
    Molly: most fashion forward, without having to try too hard, flattering

Bottom Looks:
    Chris's - though they complimented a lot of what he did, having to do something outside of his usual
    Izzy - flowing but messy, not flattering.
    Allie - safe, boring, hid the best part under a "robe"

WIN: Cartier
    OUT: Allie

I thought Izzy did the worst. It was so unflattering. I could have forgiven boring if it had been well made and looked good on the woman. I feel they looked too much at past challenges. If it is truely one day you're in, the next day you're out, then they should let the current challenge speak for itself. Not that Allie did any better. Chris did play it too safe, but maybe that isn't such a bad thing given his crazy asthetic. Still, I do think they tried to please the clients. I think with time they will learn how to balance their own design aesthetic and the client's desires better.
    navybelle and Babbred like this.

I was thinking what others have posted--Cartier's dress was really Tim's idea.

I am sorry but so many of those dresses were so poorly made and simply looked horrific on their clients. I was absolutely positive Izzy was going home until I heard the judges say that they are not looking for safe but for show. Both Cartier and Izzy need to understand how to make a dress for a women with breasts and not stick thin models.

Cartier - red dress - great
    Tieler - pink bustier dress - great
    Molly - green and black with long half skirt - yuck
    Izzy - red, red print, black mini - boho dress - horrible
    Chris - burgandy lace on black with leather jacket - horrible
    Hawwaa - polka dot mini - looked good in front - needed a back
    Chelsea - black and white - asymmetrical dress - I hate those dresses who looks good in them?
    Allie - a bit of a mess but way better looking than Izzy's

Now that I know the judges are looking for showy and not simply nice or OK it will be easier to figure out who will be going home. The judges were also very nice in regards to their comments where the real world clients could hear them.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-27-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    navybelle likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Izzy's was many time worse than Allie's look.
    Bearcata and Babbred like this.

Really the top three were the only ones I liked. The bottom ones and safe ones were not nice - sorry, but they weren't.

Izzy's to me should've sent her home. I had to wear a silver unitard with a blue and white tulle skirt that was made not unlike that dress.

Mine was better, and all I did was loop cut pieces of tulle around a 1-inch elastic band.

I also don't know how Haawaa even made it to safe on hers. Honestly, if you're going to go with a long sleeve dress, you don't make the WHOLE back minus a spine strip bare. You negate the reasoning for a completely bare back.

Most of the long sleeved dresses I see with a peek-a-boo back on PR still have most of the model's back covered.

Chris' was not good but at least he put effort into his.

But I'm going to say this - Allie's while safe, at least was wearable. Plus she had a better win/lose/safe record I believe than Izzy.

I cannot see that firefighter's wife seriously go out on a date in what Izzy made. Truly feel for her, because they do get to keep these outfits.
    navybelle likes this.

+ Reply to Thread