+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

Re: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

The judges asked for a "fashion" show and Erin gave it to them in spades, the others not so much.
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. IMO, they chose her because, unlike the others, she wasn't commercial at all. And I think the criticism was tptb throwing off the scent of who would win.
    If her stuff isn't commercial than why did they choose her? The point of PR is to find the next "it" designer who will sell their designs to a much larger audience. It isn't to find a designer whose stuff will sit in a museum. I'm sorry...each to his own...but I just can't wrap my head around exaggerated shapes, oversized embellishments and glued on appliqués.
    Jezebella and woodiedog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I just cancelled my "Follow" of PR on Facebook. Couldn't handle one more picture of last night's mess.
    And the comments are brutal! So many unhappy with the results- I couldn't even read through all of them it was so many. It's widespread disappointment in Erin's win, and lots of people are saying they'll quit watching the show. I hope some of the mucky-mucks take it to heart, that their fixed seasons are not very popular, and change their ways.

I always get so excited when the new seasons start, but hate the impression I get that it's all fixed. Their bias really has been showing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    And the comments are brutal! So many unhappy with the results- I couldn't even read through all of them it was so many. It's widespread disappointment in Erin's win, and lots of people are saying they'll quit watching the show. I hope some of the mucky-mucks take it to heart, that their fixed seasons are not very popular, and change their ways.

I always get so excited when the new seasons start, but hate the impression I get that it's all fixed.
    Their bias really has been showing lately.
    There is no point fixing a reality tv competition the FCC would be all over them (producers) it's not worth it. Fashion is subjective I get that. But I do think Laurence was one of the best designers there but they judge this show on each individual runway not on there overall body off work. I do think anyone of the 4 could have won this season depending on how good their collection was. Erin won. I do think that Laurence would have walked away with the finale she just didn't present her best stuff that runway. I don't think any of this TV exposure hurt any of the designers it helped their careers.
    woodiedog likes this.

Reality competition shows aren't classified as game shows by the FCC, so they don't have to follow the same rules as game shows. They can actually fix the results all they want, and all they have to deal with is public outcry. This debate comes up every season in the Big Brother forums.
    woodiedog likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I won't be watching the next season of Project Runway. I found Erin's designs to be juvenile and tacky. Just my opinion, and I'm a crotchety old lady.
    Last edited by Jezebella; 12-24-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Left out a word
    AZChristian and woodiedog like this.

CCL

Are all of Erin's clothes over-size because she has chosen that aesthetic or because she can't fit anything properly? Because I am thinking it is the latter a lot of the times.
    It's like they criticized Laurence so much about her leather and strong shoulders she went in the complete opposite direction, to her detriment. I liked Rik's overall, especially after he put the changes in. I would have been fine with him or Roberi winning. Though I did not like Roberi's shiny garbage bag material skirts. But of course it is Erin. A banana-print shirt. Seriously. That's a gag shirt, not fashion.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I'm just so thankful that I still have one thread to go into on FORT where we can discuss our show civilly, even when we disagree. It makes it a lot more enjoyable to watch TV when there are others to discuss it with, so I want to thank all of you in here! This was a disappointing end to a pretty good season, but even with Erin's win, nobody got nasty about it to each other. I liked some of Erin's looks early on, but not much in her finale runway. And I know some people like Erin's designs, so I hope they weren't avoiding this thread because of any anti-Erin comments, like I'm choosing to avoid other threads around here. If it weren't for the nice PR and Survivor fans, I might never venture back!! LOL

I hope you'll join in on the Jr show too; I'm looking forward to that.
    Last edited by navybelle; 12-26-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Navybelle, you rock, and FORT is better with you.
    navybelle and woodiedog like this.

Just a reminder that there will be a reunion show this Thursday at 8PM ET, before the new episode of PR Junior.

Let's see how the others react to this outcome.
    woodiedog likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast