+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

Re: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

Thrilled Erin took the win. That girl oozes success and, also, did put on the best show!

Still wish PR would return to allowing months, and not weeks, to create collections.

I am relieved to see so many comments from others on here that were disappointed with the outcome of the finale...Erin's collection was awful...just awful. glue gun creations..tent dresses and coats...clown costume peplum top with oversized buttons. Geez...how tacky and immature can you be???!!! She can't design. She puts out the same looks and dresses them up a bedazzler and big buttons. I don't know any young woman who would anything she put down that runway. Her stuff looked costumes for a Dr. Seuss movie. Her Valley Girl personality and quirky behavior was annoying and not endearing. I was just furious that they gave her the win after they criticized her collection no less! All I can say is that they chose her because they felt her stuff was "commercial" and would sell at a Forever 21 or a similar kind of 20 something retail chain...that's what this show has become. They aren't choosing the best designer, they're choosing someone who is a good prospect for commercial, retail success...though I don't see this whimsical mess Erin put down the runway as being successful. She's not a designer...she's a one trick pony. That banana outfit was hideous...sorry Zac, Heidi and Nina...that was just horrible. Very disappointed in this show and even more so with Tim Gunn who favored Erin all season and encouraged her glue gun creations all along the way calling them unique and bold....ugh...what's happened to Tim???

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    One other thing:
    Nina looked fabulous, glamorous, and age appropriate.
    Heidi looked awful. Too much spray tan, too much skin, too tight, too sparkly. Her earrings looked like they came from forever 21. When she was seated, she looked a bit tired and old. I hope she learns to age gracefully.
    Couldn't agree more! Heidi looked stupid. Yikes! You're a forty something year old woman...and you're dressing like you're a 22 year old going to the Victoria's Secret runway. She has a very fit body and looks great overall but please, dress with a little class and dignity. Nina looked great and wore a sexy but age appropriate dress. Heidi needs to tone down the fake tan and tacky blinged out dresses...they don't work for her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Heidi looked stupid. Yikes! You're a forty something year old woman...and you're dressing like you're a 22 year old going to the Victoria's Secret runway. She has a very fit body and looks great overall but please, dress with a little class and dignity. Nina looked great and wore a sexy but age appropriate dress. Heidi needs to tone down the fake tan and tacky blinged out dresses...they don't work for her anymore.

Somebody mentioned go-go boots. She looked like one of those dancers from clubs in the 60's. Er, Heidi. Laugh-In is calling and they want their boots back!

Pretty much agree with all the criticism of Erin.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

DVR'd PR because the finale came on late here, and I'm an early-to-bed person.

Checked here this morning. Deleted the episode from DVR. Thanks for saving me from wasting two hours.
    I'm Paula.

.....Her stuff looked costumes for a Dr. Seuss movie.....

Did you see Erin's dress?

Oh, that dress is a mess

A dress that's a mess is the best dress, I guess

Should she add on a vest?

Yes, she must, I confess

To the rest, I express, on an iron she'll press

Such a hopeless odd mess of a dress to impress
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I just cancelled my "Follow" of PR on Facebook. Couldn't handle one more picture of last night's mess.
    Kicksave1052 and woodiedog like this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbmom07 View Post
    Erin won because no one did anything to challenge her IMO.
    This is it exactly. All of the final collections were a hot mess. Laurence's collection was boring and uninspired. I could see most of those clothes in the mall and for lower prices. Rik and Roberi had the same issue of having two different collections in one. Rik's denim, which was butt ugly, had this hippie vibe and the rest of his collection had a punk vibe. Roberi's shiny fabric, which was ugly, didn't go with his darker green and gray fabrics. Erin's was not my taste and it wasn't refined, but it was unapologetically her point of view. She didn't dial it back like Laurence and it didn't have issues of who the buyer was like Rik or Roberi's collections. I agree it was hideous and crafty but in a season of bad collections, I'm not surprised with the outcome.
    navybelle, Babbred and woodiedog like this.

Watched for a second time and just fastforwarded all the commercials and promos for Project Runway Junior, at one point I just forwarded 5 minutes at a time and that was not enough for all the promos. This two hour production could have been edited down to 1 hour.

Comments on the judges outfits.

Nina - classy just like her, womanly, curvy and elegant.

Heidi - at first I was surprised at what she wore and I enjoyed it. Yes, Heidi is in her early 40's but she still has a great shape and long legs and can get away with that outfit, why not. She had fun with it. I have seen her in much, much, much worse over the years on Fashion Police so this was a good night for her.

I am glad I took a second look at all the collections.

Laurence - Laurence does wonderful leather pieces and I expected more leather WOW moments and did not get them. I am not a fan of jumpsuits so was not that impressed with her first look. However she had a POV, and a cohesive look but this was her moment to shine and she left that sunshine back in the workroom. I would place her fourth, its too bad as I agree with the judges she had the potential to win this season hands down.

Rik - I may not be a fan of simple black dresses with exposed zippers up the back that is so done I just wish they would stop. However overall I liked his collection especially when the denim pieces came out. I liked the denim jackets but not the romper. My favorite outfit was the one with the yellow leather tip and the denim pants. I do think he can sell those denim embroidered jackets and pants. Overall I liked his collection but his last white outfit did not seem to go with the collection.

Roberi - Overall the red shoes were better than the sneakers. I liked many of the dresses, didn't like the olive khahi color of the jackets and his last dress the top seemed poorly sewn in comparison to the other outfits. He and Rik were either neck to neck or Roberi was ahead of Rik.

Erin - do I think many folks can wear her outfits? Heck, no. But they were fun and wacky and had a vibe and WOW moments. I did think it would be between Roberi and Erin. I am not unhappy Erin won.

I do think with the exposure fashion week gave to all four designers it will open opportunities for all of them. I think all will find markets for their clothes and some will be quite successful. I think Rik will do very well for himself with his denim and leather. Laurence will have a market for her leather jackets. I think this is all good for everyone.
    No goat killers on my island.

Erin's collection was awful...just awful...
    I was just furious that they gave her the win after they criticized her collection no less! All I can say is that they chose her because they felt her stuff was "commercial" and would sell at a Forever 21 or a similar kind of 20 something retail chain...that's what this show has become. They aren't choosing the best designer, they're choosing someone who is a good prospect for commercial, retail success...
    I couldn't disagree more. IMO, they chose her because, unlike the others, she wasn't commercial at all. And I think the criticism was tptb throwing off the scent of who would win.
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast