+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

Re: 12/22 PR15 Finale Part 2 Show Discussion

I was really surprised they liked Roberi's so much as I thought it looked quite inexpensive and messy. I hated the heavy jackets with the airy fabrics. It reminds me of wearing my winter parka over my new Easter dress when I was a kid because it was still below freezing here in Maine. I also hated the red shoes...especially with the pink skirts. I should've known the judges would love it since I did not. Smh...
    GolfGrrl, navybelle and Photobabe like this.

A few gripes before I know the results:

- I really like the clips letting us get the know the PR Junior contestants. But I DO NOT want them shoved to me in bits at every commercial break! Couldn't we just get a 30 minute show covering this??

- This is, hands down, NOT the best PR finale runway ever.

- I'm starting to get annoyed by the format of previewing three looks for the judges. If the designers pick similar looks the judges will say "is that all", and if they pick the most disparate looks they will say "not cohesive". It comes off like a lose-lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    navybelle and Kicksave1052 like this.

Are you serious PR? Erin?
    She put a peplum romper down the runway with clown colors and clown buttons and you call her the winner? Someone else in a previous season put that look on a child and got eliminated!
    Ugh. I'm done with this show.

One other thing:
    Nina looked fabulous, glamorous, and age appropriate.
    Heidi looked awful. Too much spray tan, too much skin, too tight, too sparkly. Her earrings looked like they came from forever 21. When she was seated, she looked a bit tired and old. I hope she learns to age gracefully.

Erin won because no one did anything to challenge her IMO. Roberi is the only one that had edge in his collection other than Erin. I think he's adorable.
    I can see why they picked her. Give me a gown. Give me something!

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    One other thing:
    Nina looked fabulous, glamorous, and age appropriate.
    Heidi looked awful. Too much spray tan, too much skin, too tight, too sparkly. Her earrings looked like they came from forever 21. When she was seated, she looked a bit tired and old. I hope she learns to age gracefully.
    When she came out, I thought she just needed a shield and she could be Wonder Woman. Sheesh!

Wow, Erin! I would have picked her last, so of course the judges loved it. I know I'm just a middle-aged mom in the midwest - but I'm boggled to imagine that anyone REAL would wear anything she made. And even then, I think they would only be wearing her clothes because in some "emperor's new clothes"-way they were told these garments are awesome, and they believed it.

I'm especially disappointed that she won after the comment from Zac about how her simple pieces that were under the crazy garments were too plain. "Throwaway" was the word that I thought of (as in throw the whole collection away, lol)

This ending did make me wonder, how many times has the designer who won the first challenge gone on to win the season?
    Jezebella, navybelle and woodiedog like this.

This is exactly why I stopped really watching this show. I am sorry but who exactly is going to wear a banana/hand dress? Zendya maybe but other than her what teen would ever be able to afford Erin's looks? Don't even get me started on those over-sized neoprene outfits..spring/summer...REALLY? Erin's onstage look reminded me of a vinyl kitchen tablecloth my mom had in the 60's.

Should we talk about Heidi's outfit....
    Kicksave1052 and woodiedog like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I don't know if this win was to counter Ashley's J.C.Penny Plus Size collection......but both last and this years' winners were not good.
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.

I don't even know how to respond to this finale. It was obvious the judges were pandering to Erin. How many times did we hear the judges throughout the season refer to her aesthetic as a child's art project, then to just turn around and give her the win!?!?!? Nina and Heidi themselves said they wouldn't wear Erin's ugly banana garment -- and that was Erin's 'grand finale.' Oh. Em. Gee. What a disappointment! The contestants were so excited to get $500 extra to go to Mood and all I was thinking was, "What do you expect to do with $500 extra dollars that you couldn't do with the first $9,000?

So then when Erin came back from Mood with that Saran Wrap shimmery stuff that she CLEARLY stole from watching Roberi show his 3-piece preview, I was convinced the judges would not give her the win. She can't come up with an original idea herself, so why reward her? Everything she makes is a rip-off from someone else. Everything except her glue stick stuff, that is. I'm not a woman, but I can't for the life of me imagine any of my female friends actually wearing Erin's barrel dresses with over sized clown buttons and hot glue gun embellishments. BLECH..... I'm so glad this season's over. I went in wanting Laurence to win, but I agree that her finale collection wasn't living up to the potential I knew she had, so I changed my vote to Roberi. I would have been fine with Rik as well. I just didn't want Erin, the design thief, getting rewarded for her thievery and arts & crafts. I didn't stick around for the gushing congratulations. I bailed as soon as they booted Roberi.

Bring on the PR Juniors. As annoying as those commercials for the cast were by interrupting the regular season's finale, I saw some pretty talented artist. Hopefully no more arts & craft. My prediction: Chris will be first to go. I can already tell he has an attitude. lol.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast