+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/6 PR15 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

10/6 PR15 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Sink or Swim - Heidi gets some more free sweatshop labor, as the group creates swimsuits in a Heidi Klum Swimwear challenge. But a lack of swimsuit experience sorely tests some contestants. Model Lucky Blue Smith is the guest judge.

Enjoy the show!
    woodiedog likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/6 PR15 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

So we're starting off with a lot of Erin bashing by designers in the hotel room.

Tim does look cute in his swim gear!!
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.

Rough workroom visit by Heidi and Tim!! They barely like anyone's swimsuits, and I have to agree. Jenni is the one who is sticking to her criticized look, no matter if Heidi likes it or not. I thought I was going to like her textile a lot when she was designing it, but when it came out it wasn't that pretty (she wasn't too happy w/it either). Rik's black and white suit looks the best so far, it's 60's mod looking.

Haha! "Hungry Butt" - that's too funny - I've never heard of that before.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone else get annoyed when a male designer says, "I just don't know how women wear...." I heard it again tonight when one of the male designers said he just didn't know how women wear their swimsuits. Honey, it's your job to know how to design for women, unless you're exclusively a menswear designer. And if you're going to be on PR, get over the fact that you're probably going to be asked to design something you're not used to designing (swimsuits, lingerie, skating costumes, children's clothes etc.), so you're going to have to think about how various people wear various types of clothing. If you can't do that, you're going to have a hard time making it to the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Haha! "Hungry Butt" - that's too funny - I've never heard of that before.
    I actually LOLed at this!!!

As much as I like Tasha as a person, I don't know how in earth they put her above Jenni. At least Jenni's was mostly well made (the bottom seemed questionable) and had an interesting transformation.

I also really like Alex, but I was surprised how much the judges loved his design. I thought the coverup was quite "little house on the prairie". I'm not sorry that Sarah left over Jenni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I get so tired of always disagreeing with the judges! I did like the winning look, so that was good. However, I disagree with the judges so much about Jenni's look. I would have had it in the top three instead of the bottom three. I didn't like the white on the skirt of the Mediterranean print they were crazy about and, truthfully, I thought the whole look was old-fashioned but they had few decent suits to choose from so I understood why it would rank high in comparison to some of the others. I liked Roberi's print and coverup but I didn't like the cutouts on the sides of his suit. The coverup didn't even conceal the cutouts so what was the point of the coverup?

Frankly, I'm SHOCKED that Tasha wasn't eliminated. All of the judges said it didn't look Jamaica-inspired at all, Heidi said it reminded her of a Chinese restaurant, Nina said it reminded her of a Japanese restaurant and didn't like using black for the coverup, and the top was so appallingly small and ill-fitting. It flabbergasts me that the judges thought both Sarah and Jenni's looks were worse than Tasha's. To me Tasha's was by far the worst.

Swimwear challenges never go well on Project Runway. The same with men's wear.

BTW, I don't know what's up with Erin. She reminds me of Santino because he was very hit or miss, too. He'd have a great look one week then a total disaster the next week. I loved Erin's first look. Her second one reminded me of an oven mitt, sort of like the oven mitt mascot on the Hamburger Helper commercials. Her third look was very good but then this week she was back to the oven mitt look again.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-06-2016 at 11:49 PM.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    So we're starting off with a lot of Erin bashing by designers in the hotel room.

Tim does look cute in his swim gear!!
    I especially liked the pocket square on his t-shirt.
    Arielflies, Babbred and woodiedog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I get so tired of always disagreeing with the judges!
    Especially since the judges seem to always agree with each other, more or less. I mean, fashion is subjective, I get that. But the judges pile on against designs they dislike and heap praise on the designs they like as if their subjective opinions were fact. It's like something out of an Orwell novel, some alternate reality where Tasha's itsy bitsy bikini top was passed ahead of Jenni's well made, interesting swimsuit.

Actually, when they called the designers who were safe to step forward, I thought we were looking at the top 3 and bottom 3. I thought those swimsuits were, on the whole, better and worse than what made the top/bottom 3.
    woodiedog likes this.

We really need to AUF Heidi for her airline attendant outfit and Kermit the frog outfit!
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I get so tired of always disagreeing with the judges! I did like the winning look, so that was good. However, I disagree with the judges so much about Jenni's look. I would have had it in the top three instead of the bottom three. I didn't like the white on the skirt of the Mediterranean print they were crazy about and, truthfully, I thought the whole look was old-fashioned but they had few decent suits to choose from so I understood why it would rank high in comparison to some of the others. I liked Roberi's print and coverup but I didn't like the cutouts on the sides of his suit. The coverup didn't even conceal the cutouts so what was the point of the coverup?

Frankly, I'm SHOCKED that Tasha wasn't eliminated. All of the judges said it didn't look Jamaica-inspired at all, Heidi said it reminded her of a Chinese restaurant, Nina said it reminded her of a Japanese restaurant and didn't like using black for the coverup, and the top was so appallingly small and ill-fitting. It flabbergasts me that the judges thought both Sarah and Jenni's looks were worse than Tasha's. To me Tasha's was by far the worst.

Swimwear challenges never go well on Project Runway. The same with men's wear.

BTW, I don't know what's up with Erin. She reminds me of Santino because he was very hit or miss, too. He'd have a great look one week then a total disaster the next week. I loved Erin's first look. Her second one reminded me of an oven mitt, sort of like the oven mitt mascot on the Hamburger Helper commercials. Her third look was very good but then this week she was back to the oven mitt look again.

I came here to say basically the same exact thing! I thought Jenni's was one of the top looks- I especially liked how the pants came off. I think the lavender could have been a little deeper and it may not have read "old lady" as much (to the judges anyway), but Jenni herself didn't seem impressed with it either, so I commend her for doing something interesting with what she had. I think she was in the bottom mostly because Heidi told her she didn't like it and she didn't change it at all before the runway. Maybe if she had made the pants shorter and done more of a short skort it would've made her safe. Who knows what these judges want. Sarah (who was my captain- boo!!!) made a fairly standard bikini with an interesting print, which did look somewhat "6 year old", however it was well constructed. Tasha's was ill-fitting, uninteresting, poorly made and she wasn't even one of the bottom 2? Yeah...I don't get it either.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-07-2016 at 03:40 PM. Reason: to fix quote tag
    boredsilly, annemik and woodiedog like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast