+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 7 Creations - Saturn Car Parts Challenge

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Week 7 Creations - Saturn Car Parts Challenge

Wasn't too fond of the bottom half of Leann's dress, but I did like the top half.

Overall, Terri and Kenley made my favorites. However, Terri's outfit was nothing "new" for her as you have all pointed out.

Not sure what it is with the models and their rapid departure from the show. We've seen it often enough and no designer has ever been turned into a frog for lack of a model. If it was going to happen, it would have happened to Jay in Season One when Austin Scarlett had to step in for Julia during the Postal Workers Challenge.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

MY TAKE ON WEEK 7 FROCKS

LEANNE_ I liked it, actually. It was the most polished and well executed frock on the runway. She won because she thought outside the box and did something far more innovative than the others

JERELL_ I loved the passion he puts into an outfit. I liked that he was the only one who saw the challenge as a fun project rather than a hurtle. He could have easily went the Keith route from the judges criticisms last week (and the week before) but he soldiered on and made a showstopping ensemble

KORTO_ I loved the execution of her frock but it was basically a variation of her kimono frock of earlier challenges. I have to admit, however, she showed the most innovative way of utilizing the seatbelts

JOE_ I hated this ill fitting frock. It was just to bland and sporty-ish.

KENLEY_ I liked the execution but like Korto, I have seen this idea from Kenley before. I like vintage but sometimes one has to move to the present.

STELLA_ This was a mess. Like the judges reiterated, it was disconnected and random. I also felt it was very shoddy execution in the skirt. It looked a little sloppy. She should have felt very lucky that Keith shot himself in the foot tonight

BLAYNE_ This was a great idea gone bad. I would have made damn sure the top fitted perfectly before my model set foot on the runway. I would have also used tulle to pump up the skirt and shortened the belts to be accents to the bottom of the frock

SUEDE_ It was ordinary and boring. Not much innovation. Not bad but not very good either.

TERRI_ Yes, it is what she has done so often in the last challenges but check it out! The outfit just ROCKS!!! It just looked like something one would be wearing while cruising in her car. It was well executed and looked great. Not VERY great but great. She did not make the top 3 because it was a variation of her usual theme

KEITH_ Is there anything that could be said about this mess. He just gave up long before he even started working on the challenge. He heard the criticism but he did not listen to it. Just licked his wounds and moped. It was indeed his time to go home

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3184476;
    Uli made it to fashion week, never compromising her style, so did Laura. I like Terri's sensibilities and I think she will make it far.

Korto is another story. This coat is impressive but it is the same profile that we are going to see repeated. Big clothes, clearly inspired by African fashion is too limited and not current. I doubt she will make Bryant Park. I hope she makes it far because I want to see her smile. It is a little game I have, all by myself. She is a little gray cloud with a chip on its shoulder.
    Uli did change it up for fashion week, instead of showing long print dresses. That's why her collection worked and, in my opinion, should have won. Laura did stay true to herself and made a gorgeous collection of evening wear, but she didn't win. So I think there is a risk in doing the same thing all the time, even though Terri does pants better than anyone. I think it's important to show at least some versatility. Terri is talented enough to pull off a great skirt or dress and I hope I see something like that from her.

I think the judges clearly love Korto, even if some of us don't. I am not as crazy about her as they seem to be. She is another one who should try to get outside her comfort zone a little more. I certainly hope to see her crack a smile, because she always looks miserable. She was not happy about the fact that she did not win last week's challenge, that's for sure. But despite the fact that her coat dress was the most creative and well made use of seatbelts, Leanne deserved the win. Her dress was outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12