+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 01/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 01/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Let me fist start off with an apology to Jade...I am so sorry if I was a bit catty/snarky/mean to you last week. It is just not like me. Found out the cold I thought I had was pneumonia. Now I am covered in a rash that I looks like shingles. Again I was wrong but last week everything was bothering me.

Just finished watching this runway. I said it early in the season Elena was designing the same shape over & over & over. She was praised to the heavens for making a coat dress which was horrible imho(still loved Christoper's) I was hoping for Korto but her construction was just so funky. Some looks were great; loved the printed top with grey skirt but that white dress was horrible. Seth Arron, it was okay but nothing to write home about.

I think I am over Project Runway.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Seth Aaron's clothes are sometimes bizarre when it comes to wearability, but fashion designers are supposed to make such statements. It is more art that ready to wear. With that said, what separates him from many of the other designers is that he is masterful at constructing clothing and making them fit. That man has some fierce skills.
    Kip and Allie like this.

I haven't loved Seth Aaron's clothes as much this season, as his original season, but I prefered his final collection to Korto's. There were more moments of wow with SA's than hers, IMO.

I really still think that the small, tiny really, amount of time they give them is not producing some of the fabulous pieces we saw in earlier seasons. It seems ridiculous that they had such a short time to pull a collection together - and had a theme they had to follow.

I still don't like the fact that they brought back past winners. It kinda defeats the purpose of it. People want to see other designers to comeback and given the chance to try and win the 2nd go round. Perhaps, they were copying Survivor where it brings past winners. I don't think they have ever done it with Amazing Race.
    Kip and cmurfi like this.

I think all three rocked it out. Congratulations to everyone of them!
    Jexter and Allie like this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I still don't like the fact that they brought back past winners. It kinda defeats the purpose of it. People want to see other designers to comeback and given the chance to try and win the 2nd go round. Perhaps, they were copying Survivor where it brings past winners. I don't think they have ever done it with Amazing Race.
    I rooted for SA all the way, but I also agree with you. It should be ALL past winners or NONE.
    navybelle and jucamer like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I finally watched the finale. I went into it rooting for Korto, but liked SA's collection best (so did my husband).

And, I too wish that they would leave past winners out of the all star shows.
    Allie likes this.

I just learned something cool about SA. His son is a senior at the high school I work at!

Here are some local articles about SA and his win. BTW everyone I have talked to who has meet him or seen him in public say how nice he is.

Seth Aaron wins "Project Runway All Stars" | The Columbian

'Runway All Stars' star Seth Aaron Henderson shines | The Columbian
    Kip, Florimel and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not opposed to past winners coming back. Christian Sirano is the only one who went on to be "bigger" than Project Runway (am I missing others?!?!). All the rest appear as they could use a boost.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234