+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 01/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 01/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was iffy about her this season. Overall I thought she was good, but I honestly thought her original look was worse than Christopher's and on that she should have gone home rather than have the 1-hour challenge. Of course I thought C should have gone home with that UGLY green lace thingie he did, so I was fine with her continuing. I think her loss last time was wrong. I reserve the right to change my mind when I see the show. Still glad that SA, who live in my town, won.

Wow!

Not only was that a farce, a whopping 79 percent of America thought that Seth Aaron should NOT have won!

to put it in perspective, the only other vote that the judges got such a overwhelming disapproval for was last season when Justin was eliminated, but that was before the Tim Gunn save. (92% I think.)

Lifetime, either give the Bravo contestants a fair chance to win, or don't even bring them back at all.

Korto AGAIN had this one like the mini show prior to the lifetime run.

Disgusting. I am done with it.
    GabbyG and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Lifetime, either give the Bravo contestants a fair chance to win, or don't even bring them back at all.
    Agree.

I like Seth Aaron but I'm pissed off Korto didn't win so the stupid channel could show they have the acceptance of a previous network.

Johnny, I think it says enough when it's 79 percent disapproval. Only Justin's first elimination was higher, and that was from last season.

Plus, Seth Aaron's final runway was far inferior to his first season's. Not a runway winner, nor did it really have any Spanish feel to it.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Wow!

Not only was that a farce, a whopping 79 percent of America thought that Seth Aaron should NOT have won!

Korto AGAIN had this one like the mini show prior to the lifetime run.

Disgusting. I am done with it.
    On what Web site? I admit to having a knee-jerk reaction to statements like "percent of America" when it is only a small sampling and those who disagree are most likely to post. But then again, I reserve the right to agree with you when I see the show online. I don't have cable anymore, so I am stuck waiting. :-(
    Cootie likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So finally me and America agree on something.
    jadewarlock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    On what Web site? I admit to having a knee-jerk reaction to statements like "percent of America" when it is only a small sampling and those who disagree are most likely to post. But then again, I reserve the right to agree with you when I see the show online. I don't have cable anymore, so I am stuck waiting. :-(
    It is that Project Runway live "rate the runway" they started last season I think. That one with the gears in the corner that asks you questions so you can play along live.

What was interesting to me, was that they played that question for a very long time... MUCH longer than it has been asked all season.

I think they were hoping that it wasn't going to be such an overwhelming disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    It is that Project Runway live "rate the runway" they started last season I think. That one with the gears in the corner that asks you questions so you can play along live.

What was interesting to me, was that they played that question for a very long time... MUCH longer than it has been asked all season.

I think they were hoping that it wasn't going to be such an overwhelming disapproval.
    Thanks for the info. I went to the site but they only had the percentage and tacky comments. I admit to disagreeing on winners, but fashion is art. Each person has their own opinion and reasons for liking something. Congrats to all of them

I liked SA's final collection more than Korto's. I really liked her first and last looks, but I agreed with the judges about her structured stuff. I didn't like the half peplums and weird shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    justCoz, Allie, jucamer and 1 others like this.

I understand that art is subjective, but going by the runway, both of them had good and bad looks. IMHO what gave Seth Aaron the win if it were a tie was he was a Lifetime Contestant and could be declared the first repeat winner.

Korto's is what I personally see in a runway - just beautiful well made stuff, not necessarily ready-to-wear (though a lot of it was) but compared to SA's this go, it felt more imaginative. I mean - from what we saw, SA had a dress that was almost pulled straight out of the 1960s and puffed out a bit.

Korto's also felt more international than SA's - heck even Elena's given how many people say her style is very much Iron Curtain/Russian style looking. (Though no, if Elena won over either of them with this collection it'd definitely been wrong).

I guess this is my biggest beef of all - and something I think we ALL can look at in the future: Watch their commercials when they eliminate contestants. EACH YEAR they've done the All-Stars the winner has been front and center in the final three, and is that way through the odd numbers of contestants (usually right to center in evens). Mondo was there, AR was there, and SA was there.

Yes, I had him pegged at five for confirmation, was pretty sure at 7. Was HOPING that Lifetime and the judges were not going to do that to us again (spoil the winner with the stupid commercial) and it be Korto or whomever the third finalist was (Jeffery an aside - he was really TRULY bad)*

If they continue with All-Stars, they need to either shuffle it around better (as the first odd numbered one or two they had Jeffery in the spot) or we can just look at the grouping during an odd number of contestant week, find our winner and turn off the show for another series.

* - I did NOT nor liked Jeffery or his designs this year, but I will admit he proved a very valid point in his antics: they're not going to give Bravo contestants a fair shot or really much to be talked about, so why not half-heart it, get a relatively free trip and some spending money if not just the publicity (or something to be talked about) because you know it will never been someone from the network YOUR version was on?

I think he even KNEW that when they kept him on after the weird spandex outfit alone that it was a farce. I don't condone his putting a model on the runway flashing everyone, but even there and all THREE were safe that round?... yeah... I think all of them knew something was up.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 01-09-2014 at 11:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast