+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 01/02/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 01/02/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    And that stupid stunt at the end of the show eliminated me from watching the rest of this show. They should have allowed Krorto & Christopher to do a collection and have them show 3 looks & eliminate from there like they did in seasons past. To have to remake 3 previous looks in 1 hour without any help...forget it! DONE!
    What the challenge entailed was the three had to take pieces from three of their looks and create a new one. They only showed one piece.

Additionally, I *think* they did this last go round with Uli and another contestant - and it may have been final four to three. I think they do it this way because these designers do NOT have several months for the collection - they do a modified show if I recall correctly.

Doesn't mean I like it, but it DOES at least show who can really handle extreme pressure given that Korto did do a lot better work under pressure than Christopher did (which sadly was his problem in his previous season).

In fact, I kinda wish they'd do this as a challenge - they show the one design, THEN all of them have to do a redesign of it in an hour to show how they think under pressure, given in the real world there are times (even if rare) where something goes wrong with an outfit and you have to - as Tim says - make it work by creating a new design.

I kind of like Christopher. Something about his face makes me sad sometimes, though. I wish Elena had been sent home some time ago; I don't like Irina's personality but would rather have seen her in the finale over Elena based on her fashions vs. Elena's. I don't really like either of them though.

I liked Christopher's dress, but I feel like he threw it away at the end with nerves or something and the finishing was off. I still think he's talented and should be in the final. I don't care who wins now, but I have never been terribly fond of Korto and I feel like she is going to win. I didn't really like her dress save for the colors. Her clothes are too boring. I don't see anything very unusual about most of them. Sometimes she throws in a good one, but I still don't particularly like her.

Bleh. I love this show but it seems to be going downhill.
    Florimel and tinderbox like this.

I hated that they pointed at the beginning of the episode that SA had yet to win a challenge. They may as well have said, "VIEWING AUDIENCE, YOU CAN SKIP THE NEXT 42 MINUTES....SETH AARON IS GOING TO WIN". Nothing like being beaten over the head with the telegraphing of an ending. Alyssa may as well have winked at him while she said it- it was THAT obvious.

I'm happy Christopher is gone. He's been much more annoying than his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

As far as the dresses:

Korto's - I didn't get the whole "Republican/Democrat" comment about the dress honestly. If they think Republicans dress conservative all the time, that's just flat out silly. I liked the colors and the racerback, and while I do agree they front could've been a little bit more flirty, it still was miles better than Christopher's. Even Isaac said he was more interested in her final show than Christopher's would've been. I do feel for her having to tear up that jacket from the "Bonnie and Clyde" challenge... it was lovely, but admittedly it also had some of the best material to make things look luxe.

I didn't like the political comment, either. Like the Belk challenge, I thought it just showed their ignorance and bias. I live in a major city in the South, and let me tell you, Republican women can dress just as provocatively as their sisters up North. Not every Republican is a part of the Religious Right--and some of them only pay lip service if they are.

As for Korto's dress, I loved the fabrics and the way she put them together. However, I didn't like the back. How in the world could you wear a bra with that dress? And I thought it was funny how they kept pointing that out with the various dresses. "You can wear a bra with that!" Really? Considering that 99.9% of women wear bras, I think it would be wise to design your RTW dress with that in mind.

Seth Aaron's - I liked it but not sure HOW it fitted in the designer's collection. It was one of his better designs this season, but I dare say I liked him MUCH better his first go around. He's almost pulling a Mondo save that unlike Mondo, SA did at least win his season.

Didn't Mondo win? I have a lousy memory for these things.

SA's was my favorite dress. Put that zipper up higher and I would wear it in a heartbeat. I loved that sassy skirt and the way it moved.

Totally agree about his hair. He and Jeffrey looked awful, but Jeffrey looked worse. When this go-round first started, I remember thinking, "Holy mackerel, SA, what have you done?" He looks 20 years older and it's a shame.

Elena's - They are right the zipper is out of place if they only had silver ones. (Will admit I can understand not wanting do use clear ones - they are the most tricky to zip and unzip). I'm not sure about the color combinations though - to me it looked like the poor model was wearing sweat stains and such in certain places with the yellow. Admittedly though... my TV could have a weird color tint to it. It also sadly was similar to a few dresses she's made this year in the shoulders (though they complain about this with Korto.)

I liked Christopher's critique. When they walked through Milly's shop, they saw a riot of color. So Elena picks dull white? And with that yellowish material underneath, "ice cream cone" was not the first thing I thought of.

Christopher... I'm sorry, but that dress was ill fitting at the top and the removable skirt was unnecessary. I think he may have pulled off a win if he didn't do the double skirt bit. I've already mentioned too that it isn't even original - "Fashion Star" season 1 had a designer make one of these (it also I think was bought by the Neiman Marcus representative), and even there hers was better.

I liked the overall look of his dress, but the sewing was definitely off. That top almost looked saggy. And thanks for the mention of FS. I thought I had seen that skirt before, but as I said, I have a lousy memory. That's why I like coming here to FORT.

They have done the remix challenge before. I vaguely recall that it did involve Uli, but I could be wrong. I just remember that it was a clone of this week's: two designers fighting for the final spot by taking apart a previous look on the runway. If I recall, though, they didn't get to work with 3 previous looks. They only got to work with one dress. In fact, I think it was the dress that they had showed for that night's episode.

I don't want Elena to win. Other than that, I don't care.

Somebody complained before about product placement. Sheesh, think they had enough this episode? I caught: a) the water (Korto offering some to the others), b) QVC (SA pointing it out), and c) Mary Kay (Korto again? making sure to mention it when she left with her model).

Can't wait for Tim Gunn's new show! Loved that commercial where the designers were imitating him, and Tim's response. "It's not just about what I say--it's the suit!"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

What I meant was in other seasons the bottom 2 were allowed to design a full collection & then had to show 3 looks from that collection and 1 would be eliminated based on that. I know Christopher & Korto had to rip 3 previous looks apart to make 1 look, I am not that stupid I did watch the entire show. To make it worse they were give 1 hour & no help from the other 2 designers.

Elana's look reminded me of a nurse's uniform from the 60's complete with that day glow orange lipstick. Seth Aaron's just hurt my eyes because it had too much going on. None of these looks were all that great.

I have watched from season 1 but honestly I am over & done with this show. I will give Tim Gunn a shot since I adore him but I am sure I can find something more interesting to watch/do on a Thursday night.
    pikachu likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I was rooting for Christopher this entire season and am sad he was eliminated. However, it didn't seem like his heart was in this challenge. Something was just off with him. He phoned it in!! It's like he threw it all away because he was ticked at some of the judges' comments, toward him, during the last episode or two. (Or, something else was going on with/within him behind the scenes.) Very odd.

Now, I'm not behind any one particular contestant but am anxious to see who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I was rooting for Christopher this entire season and am sad he was eliminated. However, it didn't seem like his heart was in this challenge. Something was just off with him. He phoned it in!! It's like he threw it all away because he was ticked at some of the judges' comments, toward him, during the last episode or two. (Or, something else was going on with/within him behind the scenes.) Very odd.

Now, I'm not behind any one particular contestant but am anxious to see who wins.

Those are very good observations. I liked Christopher too, for most of this season. This challenge, though, he just seemed deflated. I mean, was he really that clueless when SA tried to point out the flaw in his outfit? I don't know, he was just "off."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    What I meant was in other seasons the bottom 2 were allowed to design a full collection & then had to show 3 looks from that collection and 1 would be eliminated based on that......
    That was on the regular Project Runway, not All Stars.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

When it came down to Korto and Christopher, I knew, no matter what the extra twist was, the Korto would be chosen the "winner".

The only little nugget of hope I have left to cling to is that when she wins, we might just possibly be done with her on any future PR related shows.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast