+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"As Sewn On TV" - The designers go to QVC headquarters and design red carpet gowns.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Apparently none of these designers heard the woman say she wanted to be comfortable and even stressed that. She wants to be able to sit, stand and move about with ease. What are they thinking doing fish tail gowns?!

FORT Fogey

The woman who is going to wear the winner has unfortunate plastic surgery. Her face is alarming.

FORT Fogey

I agree 100% that Koto's dress was the best one, though I agreed with the judges, the top color was bland. It was the only one that would be comfortable to wear.

Irina is out. It did look bridal and the model could barely walk but I would have booted Seth Aaron. His dress was very unflattering.

PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The woman who is going to wear the winner has unfortunate plastic surgery. Her face is alarming.
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree 100% that Koto's dress was the best one, though I agreed with the judges, the top color was bland. It was the only one that would be comfortable to wear.

Irina is out. It did look bridal and the model could barely walk but I would have booted Seth Aaron. His dress was very unflattering.
    I'm very surprised Irina is out, but she was the right choice over Elena, who has been performing better over the entire competition. I was surprised at Seth Aaron's result. His base garment was very chic!

It seemed like an odd coincidence that Mondo (the first openly HIV positive contestant) was the guest judge on the episode where Viktor "came out" as HIV positive.

I am FED UP with in show product placement! I watched a figure skating event the other day that out me over the edge. The announcers had this forced and awkward conversation that went like this:
    Announcer 1: Now we present the Alka-Seltzer COLD TRUTH! Johnny? (...Awkward pause...)
    Johnny Weir (announcer 2): The most important things the men need to win the competition are (insert three things the male skaters need to do to win the competition).
    Announcer 2: Thanks Johnny. And that was the Alka-Seltzer COLD TRUTH!

Wth!? The only thing Alka-seltzer had to do with that was to hand over some money to get their name awkwardly and forcefully inserted into the show. It would have been smoother if one if the announcers had said "This skater seems a little off today. He's been fighting a cold. He'd probably be skating better if he had used Alka-seltzer!" LOL!

Getting back to Project Runway. It irritates me to no end when the designers are instructed to gush over the sponsors. I don't think I have ever watched QVC. I have a hard time believing that these designers have watched it enough to recognize the sets! That on top of the comments like "let's hurry and get you to the Alterna hair salon" or "now we will get you beautiful at the Loreal Paris makeup studio" are just too much.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-12-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Duckyface and Babbred like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I have a hard time reconciling the notion of a Oscar worthy red carpet dress being sold on QVC.

It was great to see Korto get a win. Her dress was very lovely and could be adapted to more a day wear/garden party type of garment that might do better on QVC. Shorten the skirt, make the V neckline a little higher, and pair it with a nice wrap, it would be perfect for a more casual venue than the Oscars. The judges also got it right booting Irina. Maybe if she had a different color and better fabric, she would have survived. She sure did come off as smug when she left/

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Getting back to Project Runway. It irritates me to no end when the designers are instructed to gush over the sponsors. I don't think I have ever watched QVC. I have a hard time believing that these designers have watched it enough to recognize the sets! That on top of the comments like "let's hurry and get you to the Alterna hair salon" or "now we will get you beautiful at the Loreal Paris makeup studio" are just too much.
    Honestly, I think some of the contestants feel that way. I mean, I always laugh at the QVC commercial when Viktor goes "The QVC wall... Is... Amazing" and says it almost like a robot. I really think he hates the thing but goes in his head "Well, it's either say the line or risk being eliminated early" based on the tone. Elena's comments really don't sound happy about it either (and yes, even more so than the way she normally talks, so you KNOW she's not impressed).

As far as tonight's challenge, I loved Korto's and Seth Aaron's but will admit I was surprised SA didn't win. That said, I do agree with Korto's win, even though the top should be a slightly darker color than taupe (mostly too because the poor model looked like she was a B or C cup when the light color combined with the slight billow in the top poofed out.

But it did look comfortable, and honestly - it's the only one (well again save probably Seth Aaron's) that would sell on QVC. She had the advantage though because her style will fit more body types.

I liked Christopher's too, but it didn't look too comfortable. Impeccably made yes, but comfortable, no.

Viktor I think wasn't bad, but I do agree - a burgundy (or emerald green/some sort of gem color) and a bit better work at the top and that dress would've been striking.

Elena's looked tortured, but glad she's getting another chance. She had had overall better work.

Irina... it was lovely, but it was DEFINITELY NOT a dress to do interviews in sitting down. Mermaid dresses like that (especially that low of the tail) are going to not be super sturdy, more so when you do corset style seams. I did like the skirt, but she just over thought and created a wedding dress.

She did seem a tiny bit smug walking away, but at least she was honest to herself and others... she didn't need it as much (her view or the truth she'll only know). I do think she's improved a lot since her first season and I actually liked a lot of her dresses, in a couple of cases felt she was unjustifiably declared safe instead of a top look (the school items challenge).

Thought Korto's dress was a disaster especially the top. In fact I really didn't like any of the dresses. I watch Fashion Police regularly and none of the dresses shown tonight would be on the red carpet except on the "worse dressed" list.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I have a hard time reconciling the notion of a Oscar worthy red carpet dress being sold on QVC.

It was great to see Korto get a win. Her dress was very lovely and could be adapted to more a day wear/garden party type of garment that might do better on QVC. Shorten the skirt, make the V neckline a little higher, and pair it with a nice wrap, it would be perfect for a more casual venue than the Oscars. The judges also got it right booting Irina. Maybe if she had a different color and better fabric, she would have survived. She sure did come off as smug when she left/
    I agree Irina came off as smug. I was annoyed that she blamed the model for the ripped dress on the runway. ("What did you do?!") And then to top it off, she says to the judges during her critique, "She ripped it." When we (along with all the designers,) saw it ripping to pieces during construction and again right before the runway show.

Irina trying to blame her model in front of the judges for ripping the dress that had been ripping all night was reason enough to boot her IMHO.

To me Korto's dress was not a red carpet dress, but I can see how it might sell on QVC and be cheap to make, thus her win.

I didn't really like any of the dresses tonight, but Christoper's was my favorite. Of course it was complicated to make and would be expensive to produce, so it clearly couldn't win a QVC challenge like this one. I don't know why designers don't seem to take things like production costs into account when they are designing for a store or online retailer, or QVC, the judges clearly will think about that in choosing a winner.

We were commenting to each other tonight about the product placement too Closet. It was driving me crazy it was so forced! I was mimicking the "let's get you to the (Alterna hair salon/Loreal Paris makeup)" too because it just makes the designers sound nuts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast