+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I still question, where the shoppers from QVC will wear this dress?
    At a pool party! The model is wearing flip flops.

That said the pool parties I have hosted we all wore VERY casual clothes. And no one swam. It was just the group of us gathering on our deck and we happened to have a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Thanks. The price seems right to me but it is no more attractive. The top makes the model look bigger than she is. I doubt they would sell any had this not been the winner on PR. It was the best of the lot, only because it looked the most comfortable and that was part of the request.

Interesting that it is an exact replica, no changes.
    They changed the top it was asymmetrical in the back on Korto's version and she didn't braid the strap it was torn and twisted. The belt is also a bit different and they added a bow on it. The dress looks better on the QVC website then the version we saw on the runway. I do think it would look way better if the top was either the same color as the skirt or perhaps a nice yellow or a lighter orange shade.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-14-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    captain, Allie and Starbucks880 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Korto's dress was the best in terms of what would be most practical to sell on QVC. She also is the only one who really listened to the lady's desire to be comfortable and able to move. Christopher's was nice--not terribly innovative, but best for a red carpet. Irina did deserve to go. Not only was it a wedding dress, but the model could hardly walk in it and the dress was coming apart so easily. That lady would have lost half the dress by the end of the night if she wore that as Irina made it. I liked Seth Aaron's dress better in black. I am surprised they raved about his dress. It was very unflattering. That skinny model looked like she had Kim Kardashian's butt in it. How many women say "Please make me a dress and be sure to make my butt look huge!" That lady was no model and it would have been worse on her and any average sized woman.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Newbie

Korto's dress was good but it was quite bland.
    Christopher's one was actually glamour. I thought he would win it.
    Too bad.

Seth's model looked like she had a beehive instead of a butt!

Elena's idea was actually quite decent.
    The top part looked really good. I just don't know what made her design the bottom train. -.-
    It was puffy and unflattering.

Glad Irina went home! That dress was an awol disaster.

The judges seem nice to the designers. They always have good things to say even for the worst dresses.
    But they start spewing like crazy once they are alone. Slightly hypocritical.

Personally, I can't believe Victor stayed in the competition with that overworked, poorly sewn, baby poop green monstrosity. His model looked like a swamp monster. He had also been in the bottom two twice before and Irina had never been in the bottom.

I really didn't care for any of the designs this episode, however. Korto's looked like something you would wear to lunch. It was way too casual for the red carpet.
    Florimel likes this.

I didn't like Korto's design at all. It looked like a beach dress! I'm shocked it won.

However, I didn't think any of the dresses would work for QVC, in general, and I'm shocked Lisa Robertson agreed to wear this creation. I am a QVC viewer and LR is much much more high maintainence then Korto's design reflects. (I like LR so please don't get me wrong but she is a bit fru fru.)

That said, I thought Christopher's gown should have won. Gorgeous! NOT at all what the task rules commanded but beautiful nevertheless.

I think this task was a failure on ALL counts!

Edited to add:
    Just followed the link to the QVC site. I think the changes they made (belt and straps) improved the look a bit. Like the dress better in blue but still am not a fan of the flesh colored top. Can't wait to read the reviews from the QVC customers. Wonder what color LR will wear?
    Last edited by tinderbox; 12-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I didn't like Korto's design at all. It looked like a beach dress! I'm shocked it won.

However, I didn't think any of the dresses would work for QVC, in general, and I'm shocked Lisa Robertson agreed to wear this creation. I am a QVC viewer and LR is much much more high maintainence then Korto's design reflects. (I like LR so please don't get me wrong but she is a bit fru fru.)

That said, I thought Christopher's gown should have won. Gorgeous! NOT at all what the task rules commanded but beautiful nevertheless.

I think this task was a failure on ALL counts!

Edited to add:
    Just followed the link to the QVC site. I think the changes they made (belt and straps) improved the look a bit. Like the dress better in blue but still am not a fan of the flesh colored top. Can't wait to read the reviews from the QVC customers. Wonder what color LR will wear?
    I did not see any changes. Belt and braided straps were on the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I did not see any changes. Belt and braided straps were on the original.
    Korto's straps were frayed/torn...which I didn't like at all. The QVC straps look different to me.

I think QVC's version of the belt is much more finished looking.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Getting back to Project Runway. It irritates me to no end when the designers are instructed to gush over the sponsors. I don't think I have ever watched QVC. I have a hard time believing that these designers have watched it enough to recognize the sets! That on top of the comments like "let's hurry and get you to the Alterna hair salon" or "now we will get you beautiful at the Loreal Paris makeup studio" are just too much.
    I hear ya! It's like watching the end of a NASCAR race when they have to say "the #5 Farmer's Insurance Great Clips Time Warner Cable Chevrolet ran really well today here at Pocono Raceway"

I thoroughly believe in Karma and I think we saw it in action. Meanie Irinie blamed the model for the torn dress and ended up getting sent home. I was so wishing someone would have called her out on it, or at the very least, one of the designers would have been caught snickering/eye rolling and been asked about it.

I live in an area where beach wedding are the thing to do. I can see some bride deciding her attendants need to wear a long gown to glitz it up and this will be their go-to dress. Like the rest of you, I believe Korto won because her dress could be easily (and inexpensively) reproduced.

No one has yet mentioned the outfit Zanna was wearing. The top and bottom were made from the same print, just in different colors. It reminded me of the Grananimals I wore as a kid. She appeared to have been in the middle of tucking her shirt in when they demanded she appear in front of the camera. She was a bit undone to say the least . . . and please, do NOT tell me it was supposed to look like that.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    No one has yet mentioned the outfit Zanna was wearing. The top and bottom were made from the same print, just in different colors. It reminded me of the Grananimals I wore as a kid. She appeared to have been in the middle of tucking her shirt in when they demanded she appear in front of the camera. She was a bit undone to say the least . . . and please, do NOT tell me it was supposed to look like that.
    LOL! Garanimals is a perfect description. I was asking my daughter WTH was with that outfit. I told her if I were the designers I'd find it hard to take her advice seriously while she was wearing that. It was so odd.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast