+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Two things....

Irina's dress really does look best on Marge. She was the right winner this round.... Because the dress screamed Marge when I saw the pic if it on model. For her body shape AND dress sense but was sexy and interesting. She is impressing me with her work after I questions her win.

Glad Jeffrey gone... When the DRAWN outfit is miles better and still has issues, dress is embarrassment. He should've been gone week two if definitely by the school supply challenge. Guess they finally had no choice though, so out he goes.

Re: PR All-Stars 12/5 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I guess I must be more bored than usual, because I'm actually paying attention to the commercials.

Some product for sinus congestion says down at the bottom of the screen "Based on 0-2% conversion rates tested under current illegal methods." What in the heck does that mean?

Viktor's impressions of Marge are spot-on. Another favorite designer! Love the hair!
    I believe that product was probably for a meth resistant sinus decongestant medicine. They make it so taking it the proper way, you could still get the pseudoephedrine you need to clear up your sinuses, but if you were to try to make meth, it would be quite difficult to extract pseudoephedrine for that purpose. It is technically possible with the right equipment, but you would need access to an unlimited number of boxes to make a significant amount of meth, which would not be economically feasible either for the meth cooker or the meth addict who sees the price shoot up.

Viktor was spot on with his Marge impression. I really like most of his designs and he really cracks me up when he whips that fan out.

I thought Korto did the best job with the challenge parameters. Irina's was nice, but it looked more like it belonged in the bedroom. I swear I remember Jeffrey as a better designer but he either has lost his touch or just gave up. Christopher is another favorite designer. I am 45--I wanted to smack Seth Aaron upside the head about his comment about those over 40. Sandra Bullock is one over 40 actress that proves him to be an idiot.

I am not sure over all if I care who wins. I think I have been oversaturated with Project Runway. I may need to take a sabbatical.

I don't think it is over saturation of this show. I could watch PR 52 weeks a year. I still believe it has a lot to do with the attitudes of the designers. Unless you are 22, 6' & wear a size 2 they don't know how to design for the average woman who can actually afford to purchase their clothing. Just how many of them have gone on to have successful retail sales like Michael Kors? They may make a quick splash right after the show airs & then what? That God-awful stomach acid green dress Michelle designed was in a 80% off clearance rack.
    I know Christian has designed red carpet looks & had a line of shoes at ahemm Payless. Chloe sells on QVC. Clue me in on who else because I have never gone into a mall I saw anything by any of these designers.
    I am sorry but it is the average middle aged woman who can afford to purchase their items on a regular basis. Design for us too & don't marginalize us either. I was really insulted. Sorry but MK does design for me. I plunked down $400 for a purse of his last week.
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I don't think it is over saturation of this show. I could watch PR 52 weeks a year. I still believe it has a lot to do with the attitudes of the designers. Unless you are 22, 6' & wear a size 2 they don't know how to design for the average woman who can actually afford to purchase their clothing. Just how many of them have gone on to have successful retail sales like Michael Kors? They may make a quick splash right after the show airs & then what? That God-awful stomach acid green dress Michelle designed was in a 80% off clearance rack.
    I know Christian has designed red carpet looks & had a line of shoes at ahemm Payless. Chloe sells on QVC. Clue me in on who else because I have never gone into a mall I saw anything by any of these designers.
    I am sorry but it is the average middle aged woman who can afford to purchase their items on a regular basis. Design for us too & don't marginalize us either. I was really insulted. Sorry but MK does design for me. I plunked down $400 for a purse of his last week.

A few seasons ago when they did their "real woman" challenge, I remember Heidi saying that big-name designers made most of their money out of their retail lines. So I couldn't agree with you more, Bunny. When these PR designers introduce themselves and say, "I've designed for X,Y,Z celebrity," I'm like "Am I supposed to be impressed? I still have never heard of you. " And as we've seen with this All-Star season, many of these designers--even the winners--enjoy a brief burst of popularity, and then fade away again. Those who have gone on to real success are the exceptions. (To be fair, though, PR is hardly unique in this. It's the dirty little secret of most talent-based reality shows.)

Chris March has also done some retail lines. This year he had a hilarious line of foam Halloween wigs that he did for Target.

Starbucks880

I believe that product was probably for a meth resistant sinus decongestant medicine. They make it so taking it the proper way, you could still get the pseudoephedrine you need to clear up your sinuses, but if you were to try to make meth, it would be quite difficult to extract pseudoephedrine for that purpose. It is technically possible with the right equipment, but you would need access to an unlimited number of boxes to make a significant amount of meth, which would not be economically feasible either for the meth cooker or the meth addict who sees the price shoot up.

Seriously? Dang, I learn so much here.

I thought Korto did the best job with the challenge parameters. Irina's was nice, but it looked more like it belonged in the bedroom.

I watched the video of all the animated dresses, and I've changed my mind. I didn't like any of them. Irina's dress I suppose should have won, but only because she was the least terrible. However, that dress will always say to me, 'lingerie that a woman Marge's age would buy to try and reignite her love life". Now, if the challenge had been create something for Marge to wear after her dinner with Homer, Irina's dress would have been spot-on.

I am 45--I wanted to smack Seth Aaron upside the head about his comment about those over 40. Sandra Bullock is one over 40 actress that proves him to be an idiot.

I am not sure over all if I care who wins.

I wish SA would be eliminated simply for his overall attitude. As somebody said above, it seems that, like Jeffrey, he was just going through the motions. Why bother to come here, then? Let the prize go to somebody else who really cares. Speaking of which, I don't really care who wins. It would be nice if Viktor or Christopher won because they're so nice, though. And it would be really nice if the prize went to one of the non-winners.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Regarding Seth Aaron, his ageist remark, and the over 40's women you all have mentioned above, I'd like to add in Michelle Pfeiffer (55) and Helen Mirren (68) as among those he'd love to have a chance to dress. That was a really dumb thing to say.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Florimel[/B];4747752]Regarding Seth Aaron, his ageist remark, and the over 40's women you all have mentioned above, I'd like to add in Michelle Pfeiffer (55) and Helen Mirren (68) as among those he'd love to have a chance to dress. That was a really dumb thing to say.
    Not to mention the ol' Project Runway Grand Dame herself.

Heidi Klum is also 40.

P.S. Sorry if someone else already stated that, but it bears repeating.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I watched the video of all the animated dresses, and I've changed my mind. I didn't like any of them. Irina's dress I suppose should have won, but only because she was the least terrible. However, that dress will always say to me, 'lingerie that a woman Marge's age would buy to try and reignite her love life". Now, if the challenge had been create something for Marge to wear after her dinner with Homer, Irina's dress would have been spot-on.
    In a way, Irina's was the right one because a. it animated lovely, and b. Marge would want something that seemed a bit "lingerie" to Homer as a nice dinner dress.

And admittedly, I've seen dresses that would be a bit more lingerie looking on real folks going to nice dinners.

I liked Korto's animated, but the real dress the seam down the sheer part of the sleeve bothered me.

All honestly though, the Top three, Viktor's and Christopher's dresses were really the only ones that really looked good animated and were at least a bit creative. Marge looked best in those five. Seth Aaron's and Jeffrey's looked like outfits she's worn before (and yes, Marge has worn outfits besides the green dress... which annoyed me).

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Not to mention the ol' Project Runway Grand Dame herself.

Heidi Klum is also 40.

P.S. Sorry if someone else already stated that, but it bears repeating.
    So true but Heidi likes to dress like a 16 year old.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345