+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: PR All-Stars 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Good gosh, that was Anthony Ryan? I hope he is OK. He's been a local judge in art competitions, but I haven't heard about him getting sick again.

Glad Jeffery is gone. Irina is sure to win this now.

I really thought Elena was robbed. They really raved about her design more than Irina's. I think it's because Irina hasnt won any yet. It was forthcoming that she was going to win anyway when she said that she hasn't won yet.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agreed with Irina winning. I don't see Marge wearing a jacket. She looked good in that purple dress!

What was Viktor thinking? That wasn't a dress a cartoon charater would wear. Nor could it be animated easily.

Seth Arron, Jennifer Aniston is 44 and Sandra Bullock is 49! What are you thinking? A huge block of actresses, who you would love to dress, are in their 40s. Way to cut out a chunk of your business.

Jeff was a mystery this time around. In his season the collection he created was fabulous and deserving of the win. His current children's line is fabulous, too. I have always liked him but his clothes were terrible this season.

Christopher's dress was another one that would have been hard to animate. A print would look glaring on a show so simply drawn. It was also very conservative and boring.

I am passing time waiting for Heidi and Tim to return with the regular show. And even that one has gone down hill.

I am not sure if it is me who has reached saturation when it comes to reality TV, or are the shows just getting worse because they have been on too long?
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

Seth Arron, Jennifer Aniston is 44 and Sandra Bullock is 49! What are you thinking? A huge block of actresses, who you would love to dress, are in their 40s. Way to cut out a chunk of your business.

Many actresses under 40 have terrible reputations. That may not matter to some designers, but I'd rather put my clothes on somebody with dignity and class. Like say, Oprah or Meryl Streep. They ain't no spring chickens, either.

I am passing time waiting for Heidi and Tim to return with the regular show. And even that one has gone down hill.

I am not sure if it is me who has reached saturation when it comes to reality TV, or are the shows just getting worse because they have been on too long?

I think saturation is a big part of it. I mean, gads. Some network is advertising yet another vocal competition (Sing-Off? See. I can't even remember the name.) After a while, you become numb. Also, the longer a show runs, the more the format becomes stale. I'm about to reach that point with PR. As much as I love Tim, I hate that they're making the show trashy with all these obnoxious contestants i.e. Sandro, Ken, and even Gretchen and Ivy. I have told myself 2 or 3 times now I will stop watching the show, and I'm just about to the point where I mean it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

The problem with Project Runway is that it has been on continuously for the last 2 years with either a regular season or an All Stars. There has been no break, it's been on too much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The problem with Project Runway is that it has been on continuously for the last 2 years with either a regular season or an All Stars. There has been no break, it's been on too much.
    True. Top Chef learned their lesson from trying to do year-round spinoff shows. Lifetime still needs to learn that less is more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week’s episode:

Christopher

Elena

Irina

Jeffrey

Korto

Seth Aaron

Viktor
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I get the strong impression that Jeffrey really doesn't want to be here this season. I think he agreed to compete for the money (or possibly the exposure) but he's doing his best to get kicked off so he can be sent home and be done with this. If that's the case, he must have been smacking his head over his win last week thinking "What do I have to do to get kicked off this darn show??".

I get the feeling Seth Aaron isn't whole-heartedly in it, either. His looks every week have been a joke and I'm tired of it. I agree that it should have been a double elimination, with both of those jokers going home. Let the people who really want this and are putting their best effort in compete for the win. There's no getting by or playing it safe in an All-Stars season!

I'm thrilled that Irina finally won a challenge. There were several weeks I thought she should have won and didn't so I'm glad the judges finally recognized her. In addition to her design being creative and beautiful, I've been seeing on MSN that purple is the "it" color of this coming year so she's on mark for the trend.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Ok...at least the conspiracy of past winners making F3 and showing at Bryant Park has now been debunked with Jeffrey going home. The judges probably didn't expect that he will be making so many bad clothes that saving him everytime was making their favoritism too obvious. Seth and Christopher looked very lost in the challenge. They were never comfortable from the get go. Seth was masking his struggle by saying that he's a past winner and could do anything. He thinks he's untouchable. He was delusional.

Now that Jeffrey is gone, I think we'll have more interesting weeks coming. It looked like from the previews that Irina will be in trouble. I still think that Seth and Irina will be in the F3 with Elena joining them. Viktor or Christopher may be able to sneak in there.

FORT Fogey

The previews are historically misleading. They will show a judge going off on someone then cut to a designers face. It is never that person! I think Irina or Elena will win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast