+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The original movie definately glamorized the pair. Using that as a jumping off point for this challenge, Christopher and Mychael missed the mark in the worst way. Bonnie would never have the opportunity to wear a red carpet dress or Clyde a bell hop jacket. They were all bad and I blame the producers for not making this challenge more specific. Show them the originl movie and photos of the real pair. Irina came the closest to a modern version.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bonn...w=1280&bih=639

Had the done this simple image search they would have had more of an clue.

googling 1934 30's fashion I came with Seth Aaron's inspiration.

johnson banks: great british fashion stamps
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-29-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I love the part of the preview for the show we didn't get to see last night...where Isaac M. tells someone on the runway that he knows Marge Simpson and she would not wear something that made her butt look like that. So, is Isaac also a cartoon character, or does he only play one in real life and not reel life?
    PA Snow Bunny and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As Shoepie said, most people know the Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty versions of Bonnie and Clyde and have little idea of what they were really like. I think the show wanted the designs to mimic the glamorized pair. They were depression era people who had neither the ability nor the desire to dress fashionably.

If they wanted a challenge from the 1930's, I'd rather have seen them go for the stars of that day like Mary Astor, or Jean Harlow, or Errol Flynn, or Clark Gable, etc., etc., etc.
    Babbred likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

When I watched the show I heard the challenge as creating a look inspired by fashion of the 30s in honor of this new Bonnie & Clyde movie Lifetime is about to air. Maybe I heard wrong, but I didn't interpret the challenge as making clothes that could have/should have/would have been used in the movie, so I was getting annoyed by judges who were framing it that way and saying things like "That would look great in the movie" or "Bonnie never would have worn that" (apparently referring to the Bonnie character in the movie)!
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    When I watched the show I heard the challenge as creating a look inspired by fashion of the 30s in honor of this new Bonnie & Clyde movie Lifetime is about to air. Maybe I heard wrong, but I didn't interpret the challenge as making clothes that could have/should have/would have been used in the movie, so I was getting annoyed by judges who were framing it that way and saying things like "That would look great in the movie" or "Bonnie never would have worn that" (apparently referring to the Bonnie character in the movie)!
    Didn't the judges in the regular PR do that awhile back and Tim called them on it? Or am I just remembering incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I love the part of the preview for the show we didn't get to see last night...where Isaac M. tells someone on the runway that he knows Marge Simpson and she would not wear something that made her butt look like that. So, is Isaac also a cartoon character, or does he only play one in real life and not reel life?
    Have you ever seen him on QVC?
    Florimel likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

No, but I have seen it listed. QVC is not a channel I watch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234