+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Looking at the pictures I likes SA, Korto and Irina in that order.

I thought Korto and Elena's looks were the only 2 fabulous looks and all the others didn't compare. I thought Jeffrey's jacket was, for lack of a better word, stupid-looking. The pocket placement was bizarre and I can't imagine that any man would look good in that jacket.

I liked Jeffrey's jacket.....but not Jeffrey, who shouldn't still be there but those pockets seemed too feminine for a strong manly look.

I am surprised that Jeffrey described his model as a fitness model the guy was not big at all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

sort of shocked that Jeffrey's coat (?) won. thought it was pretty awful, and at the very most he would have been declared safe. but for that garment to win? wow. i don't get it. he already has been saved after walking some s*&t down that runway that was so bad it was embarrassing. something's not right. but then, i have felt something was wrong since the last season when alexandria was so favored by Heidi. some of the rags that one sent out were really bad.

i don't HATE jeffrey; however i did find him to be unlikable in the season i saw him in which he won. i seem to remember thinking somebody else should have won...uli or laura? i liked both of their collections. and didn't mychael compete that time too, making 4 finalists? he (jeffrey) seems a bit more mellow now than before but i have yet to be impressed by any of his designs. why is he still there?

sad to see mychael go because some of the stuff he designs is really pretty, and he seems such a gentleman.

i'm curious if anybody else has noticed about these judges that they seem to go easy and be somewhat more positive with the designers face to face, then sort of slam them when they aren't there. i've noticed it to the point where they actually contradict themselves, particularly Alyssa.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco View Post
    I thought Korto and Elena's looks were the only 2 fabulous looks and all the others didn't compare. I thought Jeffrey's jacket was, for lack of a better word, stupid-looking. The pocket placement was bizarre and I can't imagine that any man would look good in that jacket.
    Plain and simple - these two and Seth Aaron were really the only ones who truly embraced the challenge of a modern day 30s inspired garment. Instead two are declared safe and Seth Aaron is a *bottom* look.

Then the Simplicity design gone wrong to look like Uncle Fester's frock wins the title and gets to make a costume for a Lifetime show with credits?... Because yes, I can make something that simple... but get it right...

Look Lifetime, if you're going to keep doing this, you are going to lose what little credibility you do have.

Just pull most of these episodes, air the finals with Seth Aaron, Irina and Jeffrey (as this is what it's glaringly becoming to be), and may the best man (Seth Aaron) or woman (Irina) win.
    Florimel, GabbyG, Allie and 1 others like this.

It's pretty obvious now that they are making this a previous winners finale. The writing is written on the wall. Must suck for Michael that he lost to his nemesis who happened to win the challenge at the same time.

I am with all of you...this show has jumped the shark tank. I am the girl who taped Grey's to see PR live now I am watching a couple of days later. I wish I could get into the producers brains. I don't get why they kept Jeffrey around as long as they did. That coat he made was horrible. The pockets weren't even sewn on straight. I did like Christopher's & Irina's dresses but not THAT much.

Think it is time t walk away & wait for my Tim Gunn!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I actually liked Irina's jacket more - I wish she had done a bit more of a moll style look than the glamour then the moll jacket. Maybe a slightly shorter skirt or pants with the top would've worked better.

BTW - I thought Viktor's jacket was for HER, not HIM in the pairing. I think the fringe idea and a better jacket cut would've been a nice feminine look.

I can't even imagine what a whole collection for the finale would look like coming from Jeffrey. I hope he isn't in the finale. I am sure there are better ideas to be seen than his, for some reason.

I don't really want to see a collection from the overly plastic pointy boobie lady either, lol. I can't keep her (Elena?) and Irina's names straight. I think I got the right one.

This challenge sort of fell flat for me after reading up on the real story of Bonnie and Clyde. I'm sure most people know it or some of it; these people were probably never in their lives or very rarely dressed in anything bordering on glamourous. Bonnie was petite, not a 6' tall model by any means and for at least the last year or two of her life she could barely walk due to a horrendously burned leg from a car accident which caused her leg muscles to draw up; Clyde carried her alot. She also really seemed to lack any viciousness or real coldness which I am sure will show up in the movie. A person whose identity I cannot remember but who knew of the events of their crime days said he was sure she had never shot an officer of any kind. It's debatable whether she ever even killed anybody, even though Clyde most certainly did. Their story, if told in earnest, would likely be too sad and lack the glamour needed for television today. They had a difficult existence and probably didn't own anything at all glamorous to wear. Blanche at one time did sport riding pants which weren't worn by women in that area at the time. She ended up blinded in one eye as a result of glass or wood in her eyes as a result of a shootout. Realizing that Bonnie's biggest crime was probably falling in love with Clyde certainly took any of the fun out of thinking of her as some glamorous bombshell who coldly robbed and shot people. They certainly had a sad end to their story as they were ambushed and shot so full of holes the embalmers had a hard time with keeping the embalming fluid in the bodies. Ugh. I was shocked that there is still such an aura of glamour about their legend that a series has been made. I wonder if it will be close to the truth at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast