+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Looking at Korto's again - and remember that GORGEOUS coat she made of woven seat belts in her season's unconventional challenge...

I will say truthfully she is having huge issues with the stupid constraints of this network's version. Especially since you can do SO MUCH with tessellations to create patterns. (those diamonds she used in the trim).

And BTW - why didn't anyone consider taking apart beaded jump-ropes or bending them at certain lengths to create fringe and do a fringe type dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's close to what I told hubby last night. I said that Jeffrey is such an arrogant sot, he's deliberately making his outfits butt-ugly just to rub it in the judge's faces. "Go ahead. Eliminate me! I dare you!" [insert evil laughter] This whole spectacle of the judges being unable/unwilling to eliminate him is almost disturbing. It's like he's some villain from a movie, toying with the cowardly officials. Where's our hero to save us from this monstrosity? Tim Gunn, we need you!
    In a way, I kinda wonder if that is why he's doing it - he knows he will be going far because of who he is and the drama. On a plus, it would confirm we know this show is manipulated in some way.

I'm a little confused. How did not eliminating someone validate Jeffery? Wouldn't have eliminating somebody done that more? None of this makes sense to me.

As much as I hated Gretchen, I hate Jeffery more. At least Gretchen's designs were wearable. And, as much as I disagreed with them, at least the judges seemed to genuinely like her stuff. They didn't cower in their seats while Gretchen bullied them with crap excuses for her work.
    That's what I was trying to get across, except it was worded different.

What I meant was that they were trying to validate Jeffrey's win his season, which a lot of folks from what I've read said was controversial to begin with.

And then I said that if he goes far or wins, I will say that Gretchen is no longer the worst winner of this show.

Plus, while I hated the looks... Gretchen DID show modesty on her models.

Totally agree on both points. I feel sorry for the other designers who have to put up with Irina's meltdowns (Viktor's comment about the violin was hilarious!) However, as I said before, she seems to need that emotional release. She has a crisis of confidence, and then she rises to the challenge and produces great work. That's why I don't mind her behavior so much as I did Helen's. I loved her dress this week and definitely thought it was better than Elena's space-age crud.
    I think you meant Elena, who has the breakdowns. I haven't seen Irina (the girl with the flower dress) do that yet. Snark, yes, but cry, no.

Whoever said that Miley Cyrus would love Elena's dress--spot on! I was thinking Lady Gaga. Coming from me, that's not a compliment.
    Honestly, that would be one of the more modest and "conservative" things Gaga wore. Then again, I think Elena HAS designed something for her so...

I would have been happy with either Christopher or Viktor winning. However, I also hated how Christopher used a sob story. Mizrahi nailed it when he said he felt manipulated. Christopher's dress was a showstopper, it didn't need any help to win.
    Exactly - and looking at it again, yep he earned the win like Viktor earned top spot. He does need to watch his sob stories - I like Christopher and felt he was pushed around a lot his season, and he's producing better work. His work speaks for him - he doesn't need the backstory anymore.

(BTW, to those commenting on model's Britany (Spears), I know it was a contestant, but I love the reference, it's so funny. I also remember a parody I think TV Land did where an older woman did a parody of that infamous scene - I forgot who though sadly).

I am really getting tired of Elena. She has done some good work, but I would rather see someone who has a sense of professionalism. Loved Victor's comment about the tiny violins playing. I don't think he copied her. I think he saw she thought of something good and took inspiration and made it his own. Plus, Elena doesn't exactly give credit (her model for the backwards jacket). I thought Irina should have scored higher. It wasn't my style, but it was neat what she did with all the flowers. Jeffrey without a question should have gone home. His dress isn't much different than sending a model naked down the runway. That should be an automatic disqualification. I liked Christopher's look. It was well done without the sob story. His dress spoke for itself and didn't need emotional manipulation to sell it.

In a way, I can understand why no one was eliminated. The truth is that both Mychael & Jeffrey's dresses were unacceptable -- Jeffrey's didn't cover his model (and I can't believe none of the judges called BS on his explanation), and Mychael's was unfinished and falling apart. But at the same time, both showed good design and innovation with the materials in the parts of their dresses that weren't screwed up.

But why Korto was up there is a mystery -- she was bottom 3, but they don't usually pick from 3 to eliminate. This show has a history of being needlessly cruel to that poor woman, and I can't figure out why.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I think they do have a bottom 3 and one is called safe first; they just didn't do that this time. They leaped to save them all skipping that part of the format.

Korto was in the finale in season 5; I don't remember any cruelness toward her. What did they do?

She was a perennial runner-up through much of her season, and then when they had that first "All-Stars" special on Lifetime, it was her against Daniel V in a pretty weak final, but they gave it to Daniel -- the very first "Mondo's Revenge" before there was a Mondo.

It's not that people were cruel to her personally -- but they could never seem to pull the trigger on giving her a win. Sometimes her execution was a little too craft-y, but other times they simply wouldn't accept her aesthetic as being 'high-fashion' enough, which wasn't always fair.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Korta started out with those great red shapes what happened to them?

Jeffrey's poor model ... I don't get that he really wants to be here ... did check out his children's line and it's cute, probably horribly overpriced ...luv'ed that Victor said he saw Jeffrey's models "Britney".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

if Jeffrey's so-called "BS" keeps saving him, then he's smart. He has a way with words.

I too felt that either Mychael or Jeffrey should have gone. Probably both of them, although I think Mychael is much better than this design would indicate But it was horrible! You could see bits of paper hangin off it! Not sure which one I find uglier. Both were really really bad. I hated the pointy breast dress, too. Heidi, aka "Boobie Queen", would have had a field day with those freakily pointed bazoombas. I keep thinking that the judges from the other show would hate most of the designs on this one.

It does strike me that they are up to some monkey business again, with Jeffrey being somehow saved. They knew his was just as bad as Mychaels but they knew Mychael was capable of better. Maybe Mychael is the one they're saving, maybe both.
    Cootie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am really enjoying All Stars this go around. Alyssa Milano is ADORABLE and makes a great host. She has such a great personality. The tone of the show is much lighter and more enjoyable than the regular PR.

I am getting pretty tired of the unnecessarily harsh words from the judges on the regular PR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast