+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: PR All-Stars 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought the top of Korto's dress made the model's bust disappear, but I liked her dress better that Mychael's. I thought the placement of the petals on his dress took away the model's waist and made her hips look bigger (not terrible on a stick-thin model, but not good for most women). I think those petal things would have been better on the shoulders.

What Viktor did with that print was absolutely amazing.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but from looking at the pictures, it seems like most of them over-thought this, because to me, very few of the garments say "cocktail dress".
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Elena's dress looked more like business attire than a cocktail dress. Don't know why the judges fawned over it since it looked almost exactly like last week's dress. Last week she had patches instead of holes in practically the same places. I loved Christopher's dress. Besides Christian Soriano he's my favorite designer to come out of PR

I loved Christopher's dress. It was made from curtain material and looked more expensive than any of the others. He was my winner with Victor as second. Victor's top was amazing, but I agree that the bottom was iffy.

I did not like Elena's dress at all this week. Nothing about it says cocktail dress. I'm not a particular fan of Korto, but I thought her dress was better than Elena's and I did love her print.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I thought the top of Korto's dress made the model's bust disappear, but I liked her dress better that Mychael's. I thought the placement of the petals on his dress took away the model's waist and made her hips look bigger (not terrible on a stick-thin model, but not good for most women). I think those petal things would have been better on the shoulders.

What Viktor did with that print was absolutely amazing.

Korto's dress from the back looks OK and the skirt form the front looks OK, its the top of the outfit from the front looks awful. It is just smashes the models chest and it very unflattering.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

i agree with the bottom 3 although I wished it was Jeffrey who was eliminated because he actually thought he might win the challenge after looking at his work on the runway. That's totally delusional because it was a dreadful design.

I think Seth or Irina should have been 3rd. What Elena did was the same thing she did before with very little variety
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So, for the sake of rivalry, that's three Lifetimers out in a row, right? Maybe Bravo does have a chance.

Yes the cutouts on the top of Victor's dress were nice, and the print was nice, but it was not that great a dress I don't think. However, it beat hell out of that white leather business wear Elena did. I agree it did not look like a cocktail dress. I did not like most of the dresses; Korto's was underwhelming and somewhat heavy looking, Michael's was a mess, Irina's looked like a thousand others, but wait! Christopher's was lovely! I did like his. It looked like none of the others and was very expensive looking. Melissa didn't do a great job, I thought Jeffrey's was worse but she had been in the bottom, so...I don't know. I'm reserving judgment on how he does this time, as I don't believe he's a totally different person just yet. I wonder why a winner of this show would need to come back though? It is almost like saying that even with the money and help from PR, they couldn't succeed. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's that simple, but still...it sends that message. Or one sort of like it.

I'm not liking the host and judges that well. I guess I'm just used to the others.

Only looked at the pictures. Will look at the recording.

My favorite was Jeffrey's, but I am a middle aged lady. Victor's was my least favorite. And the light dresses in the pictures did not look so much like evening dresses to me.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    You can do it!

Really, was there any suspense about the elimination? This show may be about fashion, but it is still a reality show. They will keep the villain around for as long as they can. Heck, they might even let Jeffrey get to the final again just to make sure people watch it. Well, I won't. If he somehow makes it to the final, I'm out of here.
    Florimel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast