+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I actually think I likes Victor's the most....it really represented the bug, without actually looking like the bug.

Elena IS a basket case (reminds me a bit of Helen last season), but it seems to be her 'process' and it works for her (unfortunately for everyone else in the workroom). She did put a ton of work into that dress in such a small amount of time. Maybe a bit too literal, but a vrey good effort.

Jeffrey.....No, just no. It was a shirt and pants with a big "thing" over the top and a hood. It was aweful. I hate that he got a pass because he explained it to the judges. I like the Christopher said it looked like the lamp from A Christmas Story. Dead on description!
    I liked Victor's the most, too, and was so disappointed he was declared safe instead of one of the top looks. I thought Jeffrey's was the ugliest outfit and didn't see how it related to his insect at all. Melissa's was the least avant garde so if Jeffrey wasn't eliminated, she should have been.
    jucamer likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

I'm kind of embarrassed for the judges, especially Isaac. They were completely ignorant of what "avant garde" is supposed to mean in the context of PR challenges. Wearability and commercial appeal are supposed to go out the window, yet they judged the pieces on those factors anyway. Isaac especially should be yanked from the show, for sitting there and basically admitting that he didn't put Jeffrey on the bottom because he was afraid to. I wasn't a big fan of Jeffrey's look, but he was spot on in questioning the judges the way he did, and the other designers should have done the same, because there were no standards being applied, and no consensus as to what "avant garde" is supposed to mean.

Only took 2 weeks...
    Uncle David and AZChristian like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Elena IS a basket case (reminds me a bit of Helen last season), but it seems to be her 'process' and it works for her (unfortunately for everyone else in the workroom). She did put a ton of work into that dress in such a small amount of time. Maybe a bit too literal, but a vrey good effort.

I thought about Helen, too. Remember how the other designers complained about her? Unlike Helen, though, Elena in some weird way seems to need the histrionics. For whatever reason, they help her design better. I have to be fair and say that she really did a nice job on her dress.

Jeffrey.....No, just no. It was a shirt and pants with a big "thing" over the top and a hood. It was aweful. I hate that he got a pass because he explained it to the judges. I like the Christopher said it looked like the lamp from A Christmas Story. Dead on description!

I died laughing when Christopher said that. It was so spot on! And at first I was impressed that Isaac called him out on it. So what the Sam Hill kind of event was this designed for? What, do stars on the red carpet never get thirsty? Like most bullies, Jeffrey just didn't like being called out on his bad deeds. I was SO disappointed that the judges caved and said they felt imtimdated. Excuse me? Excuse me?????? Intimidated by what? Who's got the power here? Jeffrey is just a contestant and these are industry veterans. Good grief almighty.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My biggest issue with this episode is that Anya was a judge. Sitting there looking for all the world like she forgot to put on pants and she has the nerve to call Daniel out on his lack of taste. At least HE could make sleeves!

You can go here to vote if the judges got it right in sending Daniel home. The majority of voters think they were WRONG!

Project Runway All Stars Recap — It’s An Insect Invasion - Hollywood Life
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week’s episode:

Christopher

Daniel

Elena

Irina

Jeffrey

Korto

Melissa

Mychael

Seth Aaron

Viktor
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Does anyone know why the heck Viktor has had a fan at both of the runway shows so far? I watched the first and second episodes back to back last night and this really jumped out at me.
    It's either getting a little too warm in there for him as far as the lights or he's just being a drama queen (in a funny non-threatening way, i.e. the faux "getting the vapors" type stuff when he sees all the beautiful work ). If it's the former, he needs to change his look from a suit to a polo and khakis, which I think he'd look sharp in too (and because I'd rather they not have someone faint on the show). If it's the latter - eh, there's more drama elsewhere.

As much as I dislike Irina, I thought her dress was pretty great. I'm glad Michael won, he did a great job. I may be one of the few who didn't hate Elena in her season. However, she seems to be even more over the top this time!! I dislike drama, so I hope she tones it down in future challenges (but I'm not really that optimistic that she will).
    I like Elena too - though I will admit the one outfit I remember her making was her nurses jacket style coat in the design your own fabric challenge. I actually thought it was cool, and if she had thought about it - a way to get into the scrub design business, which while they wouldn't cost as much because it's a "name" there'd be enough folks who buy them the quantity would produce some nice income.

(OK silly, but I *do* get tired of seeing nursing scrubs that are pretty much flowers or Disney characters if they're not solids).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    While I don't see that it has much to do with fashion, I have always loved and adored the Museum of Natural History. It was within walking distance from my house growing up and I spend many happy hours there and at the Hayden Planetarium, which was practically next door. It will bring back fond memories.
    How totally cool to have grown up in that upper west side neighborhood! One of my favorite places on the face of the planet.

They planted those silly bugs. That museum has NEVER had live bugs for cryin' out loud. They just wanted to be dramatic. Correct me if things have changed, Flor.

I am one of the few who like Jeff but he should have been eliminated. Whoever said it reminded them of the leg lamp in A Christmas Story was right on. That was my first thought, as well. Seriously, got the exact same visual, immediately! The judge who loved it was pretentious, IMO.

Michael's was the only one I liked. The rest were very disappointing.

I had forgotten how much I liked Christopher and Korto's designs until the photos jogged my memory! I guess that's what I get for watching too late in the evening!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm kind of embarrassed for the judges, especially Isaac. They were completely ignorant of what "avant garde" is supposed to mean in the context of PR challenges. Wearability and commercial appeal are supposed to go out the window, yet they judged the pieces on those factors anyway. Isaac especially should be yanked from the show, for sitting there and basically admitting that he didn't put Jeffrey on the bottom because he was afraid to. I wasn't a big fan of Jeffrey's look, but he was spot on in questioning the judges the way he did, and the other designers should have done the same, because there were no standards being applied, and no consensus as to what "avant garde" is supposed to mean.

Only took 2 weeks...
    I have never liked Issac and I registered on the same thing. He seemed cowed by the possibility that Jeffery may have actually been genius in his creation. He wasn't; I agree the standard for avant garde was fuzzy.

My two favorites were Seth Aason and Viktor. Seth was certainly avant garde, but also attractive. Victor's was maybe a tad less avant garde, but was also attractive and represented his bug very well. Jeffrey should have gone home.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast