+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This looks like a great season with the all-stars and some of the guest judges. After viewing the reunion show for the recent season, I was reminded of all the emotional drama that got in the way of the creativity and design part of the program. Hope this season is less the drama. It was nice seeing Elena having a good moment with a win and that Debbie Harry is going to wear her jacket, after the model helped her!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Blondie = Punk?!? Blaspheme!
    I consider her more New Wave myself, but yup. I don't think they had that "New Wave" label when she first started out however. Of course two of Blondie's members, Debbie Harry and Chris Stein, were in a punk band (The Stilettos) before, so that could have been where the label came from. The first couple of albums were at least punkish, according to some.

Sorry to double post, but I loved it when Alyssa Milano gave a nod to Seth Aaron's use of plaid. I read (not on this site) some comments making fun of preppy plaid in this challenge Uh, no.

Beyond&Above: Tartan History and Trend Formation
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    I dont mind past winners on the show, it gives the All-Star concept some credtbility. How is Elena an all-star, when she never won a challenge. Plus, the prize package is much bigger.

What happened to Irena, she looks like Kim Kardashian. I'm probably one of the few that actually likes Jeffery.
    IMHO, Elena, and a few others, are members of this all star challenge most likely because they had trouble casting folks to return. Given there IS favoritism shown on the show and some were obviously not happy they were edited the way they were, they'd have to start going deeper into the pool of previous competitors to get a full group.

And a lot of the contestants this previous season I felt didn't deserve a second chance. Honestly, out of last season I'd only wanted to see Jeremy, Justin* or Braden get a second chance. Dom won, Kate - though I *DID* love most of her work - already had a second one, and the rest were either unforgettable, overly emotional or hot heads that I felt a second chance would lead to a fist fight this go around.

* - I know Justin technically had a second chance, but I mean against a new set of contestants as a second chance. To me, that keeps him open.

For all intents and purposes though - at least Elena does create stuff people talk about.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Better late than never...Here are pictures of the fashions from the premiere episode:

Ari

Christopher

Daniel

Elena

Irina

Jeffrey

Korto

Melissa

Mychael

Seth Aaron

Viktor
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

So late to the party, as usual. I finally started watching AS with no clue as to who had been asked back. I loved seeing Seth Aaron, Michael, and actually squealed when I saw Christopher. I just love that guy for some reason, his comments are fun and he's just adorable. I also liked Kato in her season, so I'm happy she's back.

As for the rest? Meh.

Most of the clothes looked pretty good for such a rushed challenge and cramped working conditions. I wonder why they threw that twist in there?

I hate Seth Aaron's hair, and yes, Jeffrey looks horrid. His face is all bloated and his 'stash is really, really bad. I skipped season 11 so have no idea who the guy is that they chose from that season, although thanks to the show I know he placed 4th (ha!). I have it on DVR so will have to get around to watching it at some point.

I liked Ari's design, it just wasn't punk. Hated that big pink belt that looks like twigs. Ugh, that was ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234