+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Somebody mentioned steampunk and cyberpunk. I was surprised the designers didn't think about that. The other day I was in a restaurant, dressed nicely with my fashion boots. Some lady came up to me and said, "I love your boots! Where can I get them?" I told her, and she added, "They'll go great with my fantasy costume for the upcomng convention." Since I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek myself, I just laughed. And a few seasons ago, the judges raved about some design and called it "steampunk". I remember, because I had not heard of the term before and so looked it up.

Michelle Lesniak did Steampunk
    Art Blog for Creative Living: Steampunk Fashion on Project Runway

Louise Black is the first steampunk designer casted by PR and I wish she was in this year's PR All-Stars. She didn't do very well her season but i'm sure she has improved.
    The Steampunk Tribune: RL Steampunk meets Project Runway

I don't know about this one though
    Steampunk Couture Hot on the Runway (and We're Not Talking Airships) | The Steampunk Workshop

Kato: A steampunk designer who has been asked on the show several times
    Always wanted to write for a magazine... (Kato from Steampunk Couture)

Here's one for CyberPunk couture (which is more like a futuristic sci-fi fashion)
    Cyberpunk Couture - The Blackmeans Spring/Summer 2012 Collection Recalls Future Dystopias (GALLERY)

I thought all the outfits going down the runway were every good, very polished. Very impressed that these designers could put out this good a product in that amount of time. Still Jeffrey "with the dirty neck" made the same dress at least once on the runway during his season of PR and I think included a similar outfit in his final collection. Just saying. While I never liked punk, the fashion itself was very raw and unfinished and you don't get that feel from any of these outfits. I just remember a lot of bad hair, lots of black, lots of studs and chains and black eyeliner and lots and lots of tears and rips in clothes.

Oh...those were some very short skirts I saw, thankfully no overflow of any body parts.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, that's the way I remember punk as well. I wondered where all the chains were as they seemed to be a prominent accessory to the ripped jeans, torn black t-shirts and studded black leather vests. Of course, those were the guys...girls - maybe a link chain belt over a scratched denim skirt topped by a sleeveless ripped black T with the studded denim or leather vest.

What killed punk is when designers began ripping jeans for design and charging a fortune for them.

What I noticed is that as everyone has aged, not only do they look crappy, they are crankier. Well, not all, but the majority seemed like grizzled beasts to me. Still and all I liked the twist for the first challenge. I'm surprised they gave them sewing machines. I mean, with punk, you could safety pin the seams together and be authentic. Poor Mood employees having to clean up that mess when they left.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I really like Blondie. They have some great songs from the 80s.

I didn't like Viktor the first time around, and Daniel's is the only one I never saw in full.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I admit it. I never looked at the link JohnnyK posted.

Sooooo...I had NO idea Mychael Knight was going to be a part of this All-Stars season. I <3 me some Mychael! <3
    Don't know that he'll ever win, but I always loved him and his personality. I'm in -- at least for a little while.
    I'm reposting my comment from the other thread...JUST so I can say one more time how much I like Mychael Knight.
    I think he was (is) one sweet designer. And talented, too. The best? I dunno. But a fun guy to have on the show. Thank goodness for someone providing the comic relief!
    Florimel and Cootie like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Others have mentioned it and so will I; WTF happened to Jeffrey and Seth Aaron's faces? Jeffrey S is the winner of season 3 which aired in 2026 or 7 years ago, Seth Aaron won in 2010, only 3 years ago. I guess their faces are an example of what too much smoking and drinking will do to your face.. Also probably too much coffee, not enough sleep and not eating right. Not pretty.

I like Isaac as a judge his comments can be pointed but also very thoughtful.

I don't think they are lighting Alyssa Milano well as her face looks a bit harsh ... but I am liking her as the host and as a judge .. maybe is will be the one to stay as the All Stars host?

Liked the 1 hour format and actually the first episode ran very well.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Blondie = Punk?!? Blaspheme!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I dont mind past winners on the show, it gives the All-Star concept some credtbility. How is Elena an all-star, when she never won a challenge. Plus, the prize package is much bigger.

What happened to Irena, she looks like Kim Kardashian. I'm probably one of the few that actually likes Jeffery.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Finally watched the episode. I thought it was appropriate that Elena won. Her outfit was about as 'Punk' as Debbie Harry, and I loved that she fooled the judges by simply having the model wear the jacket backwards. A ruse made even funnier because it was the model's idea.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast