+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: PR All-Stars 10/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Duh! You are correct...Santino with the deep voice.

Sorry back to topic - I'll comment after I've watched the show tomorrow.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ugh! Please don't bring back past winners. Not fair to those who have not won who should have been given the 2nd chance. In fact, it would be better to bring back those who got eliminated early because we wanted to see what else they can do. This is a bad All-Stars. I do agree that there wasn't really a bad look this episode. All of them did great even Ari but, she has the least punk design of them all. It's an easy challenge ---Punk in the 21st century...think Cyberpunk ala Bladerunner.
    Kip likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't mind past winners. They are all on a level playing field.

Jeffery made a beautiful Steam Punk dress and really the most current in where punk is now. And I loved Seth Aaron's pants and jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You speak of Jeffrey and Austin Scarlett in the same breath...wasn't it Jeffrey who went on the road with Austin for a make-over show? They really did complement each other.

Oh, Lord, no! That was Santino. I know, because I watched that show religiously. Santino and Scarlet complemented each other beautifully, and made the show one of my favorites.

As for snarkiness, there's no comparison. Jeffrey was just mean because he's a nasty person. He went out of his way to be rude and cruel to people. I didn't see Scarlet's season, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that. And yeah, Santino was sarcastic, but he also had a great sense of humor (remember his dead-on impression of Tim Gunn?). He and Scarlet are also way more talented.

Felt sorry that Ari left so early. I was looking forward to seeng her more. She looks gorgeous now! I know she did it for a sexual reason, but man, she looks much better than she did when she was Andy.

Somebody mentioned steampunk and cyberpunk. I was surprised the designers didn't think about that. The other day I was in a restaurant, dressed nicely with my fashion boots. Some lady came up to me and said, "I love your boots! Where can I get them?" I told her, and she added, "They'll go great with my fantasy costume for the upcomng convention." Since I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek myself, I just laughed. And a few seasons ago, the judges raved about some design and called it "steampunk". I remember, because I had not heard of the term before and so looked it up.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-25-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    And yeah, Santino was sarcastic, but he also had a great sense of humor (remember his dead-on impression of Tim Gunn?). He and Scarlet are also way more talented.
    I still laugh just to think about "Where's Andre" Has he gone to Red Lobster?" done in Tim Gunn's voice. Classic!
    dzigner, cubsfan55 and short_lived like this.

FORT Fogey

I, too, thought Ari was a more attractive woman than Andy was a man, but I wonder if some of that doesn't just come from the fact that she's more comfortable in her own skin now. I know her outfit wasn't exactly punk, but I thought it showed that she had talent, and I would have liked to see more of her. And way, way less of Jeffrey, whom I didn't like in his first season either. I was sort of surprised at how he and and Seth Aaron have appeared to age in comparison to other contestants, who might have looked different, but not in ways that aged them.

As for Elena's win, I was letting the dog in and out, so maybe I missed it, but did she ever give credit to her model for suggesting that she turn the jacket around? That made a huge difference in her outfit, and the judges specifically praised her for it, and it truly was the model's idea. If she hadn't done that, she might not have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    As for Elena's win, I was letting the dog in and out, so maybe I missed it, but did she ever give credit to her model for suggesting that she turn the jacket around? That made a huge difference in her outfit, and the judges specifically praised her for it, and it truly was the model's idea. If she hadn't done that, she might not have won.
    No, she didn't but I think honestly that was Elena's choosing so she didn't miss losing a win because of that assistance. Not too happy with it, but I don't think the Model will make a big deal about it.

Besides, they probably would've loved the jacket either direction, but it just was more punk to do it backward.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I agreed with the mentor who thought the jacket looked like it belonged at a racetrack until the model suggested she turn it around. If I were the model, I'd be a bit miffed if Elena never gave credit where credit was due. But I've never thought that Elena would be the type to give that credit. JMO.

I would guess the model feels better now, since they showed how it all happened on the episode. If I were her, I'd only be miffed if they had decided to edit that part out.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I always liked Seth Aaron and don't mind seeing him back even if he did win. I loved his design and thought he should have come in first last night. The one who did win should thank her model for suggesting that she turn it backwards.

Like many others here, I never could stand Jeffrey and still can't. I didn't even like his garment and would have preferred a couple of the safe one to replace him in the top three.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast