+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 10/24 PR12 Reunion Show Discussion

10/24 PR12 Reunion Show Discussion

Is anyone watching? Oh my word! It's one of the best PR reunion shows. Ever!

It's official. Sandro is crazy. Alexandria is a witch. And Tim Gunn has a bit of hidden angst just waiting to get out. Whew! It was juicy.
    NCLurker, Kip, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Season 12 Reunion Show

This show has definitely jumped the shark for me when Tim Gunn is playing raging drama queen. I'm so disappointed. I hate fakey drama and I thought Tim was above that.

Yes, that was very out of character for Tim. It is so not him.

HEY, pika!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU'RE FEELING A LOT BETTER!!!!

Yep, Tim . . .

Went . . .

OFF.

It WAS different, seeing THAT side of him, but, truth be told, we ALL have THAT side that lives in us, SOMEWHERE.

And yep, that was a shocker . . .

And nope, I DON'T think Tim was playing, either.

I SURE as hell wouldn't want him TRULY ticked off at ME!

No WAY!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

To the Point

Well, Alexandria was just as nasty as I had thought, Sandro was just as crazy, Ken actually seemed a bit more balanced. They all seemed to feel much the way many of the viewing public feel regarding judges having favorites and perhaps knowing from the beginning who they want in the finale. I was a bit disappointed that Tim so vehemently denying that any of that came into play. That being said, he would be putting himself in a really bad position to just readily agree.

I watched but need to rewatch.

Tim I don't have a problem with its the designers. The all talk smack about each other, and yet they are friends with everyone except Alexandria ... I don't get that.

It does appear that Alexandria and all the rest of the designers don't know how to give a critique. Although I am sure some of that is in response to the questions asked post challenge by the production assistants. A critique is about the work not personal attacks upon the creator of that work. I do admit that Alexandria comes across very harsh and hateful in the first several episodes and seems to mellow as the season ran on. But I think it was a mistake on her part not to view an entire episode. Maybe she would have picked up on how others see her, how the camera sees her. Still I wish they had explained how Alexandria talking about people behind their backs is any worse than Ken's outbursts or Helen's breakdowns (which she denies happened). Oh, I truly do wish Alexandria would find the ability to express herself instead of thinking we can read her mind and know why she is the way she is. Still it was a cheap shot of Helen to bring that aspect of her personality and throw in that she is a teacher. Like teachers need to be morally above board and saints.

What was interesting to see is how rigged a lot of the designers think the show is? Give examples folks ... all I heard is that who the designers thought should have been in the top three and the bottom three didn't match who the judges picked so of course the show is rigged. Well, if they go by that criteria then Ken should have been given the first place prize the first runway show as in his opinion he deserved to win every challenge cause his stuff was great and all the other designers creations were crap.
    Kip and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Regarding Tim basically blowing his top off at this past season's designers (save a few) - I'm not surprised. You had Sandro who thought he was just being a jerk and not threatening a camera guy by smacking it (BTW, those things even now are heavy and smacking it can inadvertently go and hit the person and harm them), Ken's antics that could've gotten their own definition under the words "overreacting," and a few other things

You know - I will say that I actually agree with Tim in regard to the whole "They play favorites, and it's rigged" comments that were made.

He was spot on when he said that if the show was rigged Mondo would've won season 8 of the show - because the tally was indeed 2-1 (Nina and Michael for Gretchen, Heidi for Mondo).

Oh, never mind there has been one reality show under court consideration for being rigged - "Manhunt." Reality TV does have a bit of bend as far as the game rules, but when the prizes are as high as they have been lately, you know it's on the radar. They wouldn't rig a show for someone.

Favorites - well there *is* evidence of that, but a lot of that can be attributed to the designers too giving the judges hints. Even if they did switch the models, a judge could easily look at the contestants and judge by body language who designed what. This goes especially true when we know that they do the runway show a few times for filming to ensure they get the best shots of each designer's look.

And it was obvious a few times this past season there WAS favorites being played to allow Alexandria to get to the finals. But she was probably the ONLY person I would say had favorites played in the game. The other exception was Ken getting his own room for the remainder of his stay on the show, but of course he was eliminated shortly after so it was regardless.

All this said - I found the whole reunion tense, tedious and basically a way for the two mellerdramatical (I'm using the Texas spelling of melodramatic) contestants of the show to act as though they were all that and a bag of chips when in reality their antics made them appear to be all fur coat and no knickers.

One other note, I find it funny - in a good way - that Braden has celebrities after his designs and both he and Justin are probably among the most grateful and respectful of the experience. Jeremy I felt that way too, but not quite as much because I felt he was a bit prickly knowing that Ken outlasted him.
    crusin likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Helen clearly hasn't learned anything from this season.
    Florimel likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I think Tim did a fabulous job! He had to get firm with the nonsense that was being spewed. I would have been angry with the accusations of favorites and rigging, too. Anyone would! The fact that Heidi wasn't there made it clear she does not care about this show as much as she once did. I also miss Michael Kors.

Sandro was hysterical saying Zak Posen was jealous of him! Wow, what an ego. I don't believe him when he says he has celebrity clients. No way.

Ken did lip service to changing his behavior and apologizing but I dont believe a word of it. It was an attempt at damage control.

Jeremy was a little b*tch to Jason. I didn't expect that. Jason would not have proposed had California not just passed prop whatever during the filming of that episode. That was a big deal and I am sure he cleared it with production. Designers can be such divas.

Alexandria, what is up with her sour personality? Jeeeeeeesh

Loved the montage of Helen breaking down every challenge. Without the support she got from Tim and the cast she would not have made it as far as she did. Her final collection proved that.

Juicy show.
    crusin and GabbyG like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I, too, was disappointed at Jeremy's behavior towards Braden - for which he never did acknowledge that it was the least bit hypocritical, since he already has a husband and Braden is just now able to experience that.

I love Tim Gunn, and I respect what he said about having too much integrity to be involved in a show that was rigged or in which judging was predetermined. HOWEVER, the ONLY way Alexandria got to second place was because of Heidi's maneuvering. If Tim doesn't recognize that, his loyalty to Heidi has blinded him. It's obvious to everyone who watched the show, not just to the designers.

And I will now celebrate the fact that I probably won't EVER see Sandro, Ken, or Alexandria (or their "designs") ever again.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast