+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 10/24 PR12 Reunion Show Discussion

Re: 10/24 PR12 Reunion Show Discussion

I liked the reunion show. I think Tim may just be making sure he keeps his job. I'm sure he could get other jobs but maybe he loves this.....and if he does, he may just turn his head when he suspects something.
    It was rigged somehow.....the Alexandria/Heidi thing and Ken being kept for drama only because his designs were not that great.
    I don't believe for a minute that Ken has changed....we've already seen that he has two distinct personalities...and the "nice one" can be very nice when it's there.

I think Jeremy really did feel that Bradon's proposal was for drama or whatever .....I don't think he was jealous but I do think he should have just kept those thoughts to himself.....did I understand that he Twittered this?
    I personally didn't care for the proposal either...would have thought it was best if the two people in love were together........had they been separated for a long time, like someone in the military.....then it would have been more appropriate.
    I would hate it if my loved one did it w/o me there.

The top eight designers all showed at Fashion Week that included Helen. Helen said way more crap about everybody and yes she had breakdowns since she denies this she really should watch the show again without using the fast forward button. I have to give kudos to Alexandria to being equally harsh to all the designers she never singled Helen out so I don't get why Helen thinks so.
    babymay and Florimel like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I liked the reunion show. I think Tim may just be making sure he keeps his job. I'm sure he could get other jobs but maybe he loves this.....and if he does, he may just turn his head when he suspects something.
    It was rigged somehow.....the Alexandria/Heidi thing and Ken being kept for drama only because his designs were not that great.
    I don't believe for a minute that Ken has changed....we've already seen that he has two distinct personalities...and the "nice one" can be very nice when it's there.

I think Jeremy really did feel that Bradon's proposal was for drama or whatever .....I don't think he was jealous but I do think he should have just kept those thoughts to himself.....did I understand that he Twittered this?
    I personally didn't care for the proposal either...would have thought it was best if the two people in love were together........had they been separated for a long time, like someone in the military.....then it would have been more appropriate.
    I would hate it if my loved one did it w/o me there.

Tim Gunn was at the Parsons School of Design for 29 yrs. He was the associate dean when the producers of Project Runway contacted him. Tim allowed the show to film at Parsons during the summer break. He was asked to serve as the host of the show. Tim left Parsons in 2007 to work as a Creative Director for Liz Claiborne. Being the host for Project Runway is something Tim Gunn does in addition to his regular job.

Being the host of Project Runway is not a full time job. They usually film the season in a month once or twice a year.

‘Project Runway’ designers have sew little time - today > entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com

Q: How long are the designers actually in New York for the filming of Project Runway? How much time do they have between challenges? —Joan

A: Just over a month: 32 days. That's according to Tim Gunn, who said during a Washington Post chat that they "tape for 32 consecutive days — no breaks! We're all done in by the end, including me!"

With 11 episode to shoot in that time, that leaves about three days for each challenge. Other than the challenges and the runway shows, the production also must shoot interviews with the cast, which typically take place once for each episode. (There are also spontaneous interviews, called OTFs for "on the fly," that reality show producers like to conduct in the moment.)

The final four designers — all of whom made it to Fashion Week this year, unlike past years when one presented at Fashion Week even though they'd already been eliminated — then head home.
    Advertise

Since this season taped early in the summer, in June, they only had three months to design and create their collections, which they presented in New York at Fashion Week on Sept. 15.

Prior to the final runway show, "Project Runway" typically tapes the reunion of cast members, who by then have watched most of the season on TV. On the day of the runway show, the show taped its finale, so the designers now know who won. However, they won't be able to discuss it with the world until Oct. 18, the day the series concludes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Season 12 Reunion Show

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I actually can see how Jeremy, Ken, and probably others felt Brandon's proposal seen contrived. For me his proposal felt tacky, because he proposed to/for the TV audience, not his hubbie. The fact hat he "Skyped" with him after (or before) the runway show to tell him felt more honest, and I was hoping at least he would have done so (arranged phone call) from the runway show. His proposal felt impersonal for that reason alone because what is the point to proposed to the cameras when he's not going to get an answer for months!?

I also proposed to my now husband that morning when DOMA ruling came out. I think the whole goal of the proposal is to get an answer and reaction right there if possible.
    Congratulations to you both.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I actually can see how Jeremy, Ken, and probably others felt Brandon's proposal seen contrived. For me his proposal felt tacky, because he proposed to/for the TV audience, not his hubbie. The fact hat he "Skyped" with him after (or before) the runway show to tell him felt more honest, and I was hoping at least he would have done so (arranged phone call) from the runway show. His proposal felt impersonal for that reason alone because what is the point to proposed to the cameras when he's not going to get an answer for months!?

I also proposed to my now husband that morning when DOMA ruling came out. I think the whole goal of the proposal is to get an answer and reaction right there if possible.
    Yeah, smelled of production hype. That is fine with me given the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Congratulations to you both.
    Thank you. My now husband hates reality TV, but I had to show him the proposal portion (he loves Jesse Ferguson) and his words were something like "Is his fiance in heaven or something? Why is he proposing to a curtain!?" LOL
    Shoepie, GabbyG and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

I thought Tim's blowup was honest and sincere, but to me it also showed why they should have someone else "host" the reunion. Tim should be there to give his input, but it's tricky to have him moderating when he has such a vested interest in the discussion. After weeks of seeing tweets attacking what in his mind is his work and his passion, he's going to want to defend it. He probably hoped the designers would back off what they had said, and got more frustrated when they stood behind it and added to it. A moderator other than Tim in that situation would have made it easier on everyone to get their thoughts out without so much emotion. And the more I see of Alexandria, the more I'm convinced that she's spent a good portion of her career shielded away from anyone else who designs fashion. When she's surrounded by a bunch of people who work in other fields, she's naturally going to be showered with praises for her work -- and she does do great work. But when she is suddenly surrounded by people who do what she does as well as she does it, she's not quite sure what to do with that. I think she went in believing she was the best and she would win, because when she's surrounded by painters and sculptors and musicians, she is the very best at fashion design. Having to acknowledge that anyone was as good at design as she was a bitter pill for her to learn to swallow.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought Tim's blowup was honest and sincere, but to me it also showed why they should have someone else "host" the reunion. Tim should be there to give his input, but it's tricky to have him moderating when he has such a vested interest in the discussion. After weeks of seeing tweets attacking what in his mind is his work and his passion, he's going to want to defend it. He probably hoped the designers would back off what they had said, and got more frustrated when they stood behind it and added to it. A moderator other than Tim in that situation would have made it easier on everyone to get their thoughts out without so much emotion. And the more I see of Alexandria, the more I'm convinced that she's spent a good portion of her career shielded away from anyone else who designs fashion. When she's surrounded by a bunch of people who work in other fields, she's naturally going to be showered with praises for her work -- and she does do great work. But when she is suddenly surrounded by people who do what she does as well as she does it, she's not quite sure what to do with that. I think she went in believing she was the best and she would win, because when she's surrounded by painters and sculptors and musicians, she is the very best at fashion design. Having to acknowledge that anyone was as good at design as she was a bitter pill for her to learn to swallow.
    And she never did manage to do it. I really found her to be unlikable in this situation, but I do wonder if she would be more likable outside of this arena.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    And she never did manage to do it. I really found her to be unlikable in this situation, but I do wonder if she would be more likable outside of this arena.
    I have to assume that she is more likable outside the show. The kids she works with sure seemed to genuinely like her, and she genuinely seemed to value her work with them. Although, maybe she is one of those people that just tends to get along better with children...

Watching Alexandria I wondered if she'd been through some big trauma in her life that has made it difficult for her to relate to people, or perhaps she is on the autism spectrum. She didn't really seem to understand social interaction very well. I didn't mind her critiquing others work because for the most part she stuck to talking about their work and not them personally which I think is acceptable, but she doesn't take critique very well when it's aimed at her. If you're going to dish it out you should be able to take it as well.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast