+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 10/24 PR12 Reunion Show Discussion

Re: Season 12 Reunion Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jeremy was a little b*tch to Jason. I didn't expect that. Jason would not have proposed had California not just passed prop whatever during the filming of that episode. That was a big deal and I am sure he cleared it with production. Designers can be such divas.
    I actually can see how Jeremy, Ken, and probably others felt Brandon's proposal seen contrived. For me his proposal felt tacky, because he proposed to/for the TV audience, not his hubbie. The fact hat he "Skyped" with him after (or before) the runway show to tell him felt more honest, and I was hoping at least he would have done so (arranged phone call) from the runway show. His proposal felt impersonal for that reason alone because what is the point to proposed to the cameras when he's not going to get an answer for months!?

I also proposed to my now husband that morning when DOMA ruling came out. I think the whole goal of the proposal is to get an answer and reaction right there if possible.
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I love Tim Gunn, and I respect what he said about having too much integrity to be involved in a show that was rigged or in which judging was predetermined. HOWEVER, the ONLY way Alexandria got to second place was because of Heidi's maneuvering. If Tim doesn't recognize that, his loyalty to Heidi has blinded him. It's obvious to everyone who watched the show, not just to the designers.
    I think he does - but ever since his blogging about Gretchen's win in season 8 over a far superior Mondo (the "What were these judges smoking" comments) they have kept him in line as far as Lifetime production on his own personal opinions on the show. In fact, it was very telling he used that season as an example of where favoritism would've been clearly shown, as again - Nina and Michael outvoted Heidi.

I noticed this especially since he doesn't blog a lot if at all anymore. Also, I noticed Mondo has not given a blog about the season post the Ken debacle, so I wondered there as well if he was reigned in by production.

Honestly I think he's loyal to Heidi here anymore ONLY to keep his job. The other mentor they use for the All-Stars season is also good as far as the professionalism (though I think Tim is better myself), so they could become petty if they wanted to and fire Tim Gunn. Yeah, I think that'd be show suicide for them, but I'm going to throw it out there for argument's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I actually can see how Jeremy, Ken, and probably others felt Brandon's proposal seen contrived. For me his proposal felt tacky, because he proposed to/for the TV audience, not his hubbie. The fact hat he "Skyped" with him after (or before) the runway show to tell him felt more honest, and I was hoping at least he would have done so (arranged phone call) from the runway show. His proposal felt impersonal for that reason alone because what is the point to proposed to the cameras when he's not going to get an answer for months!?
    That's how I felt about Braden's proposal, it just felt a little bit tacky. I'm sure he - like Jeremy clearly - loves his husband (or soon to be husband) but WHY do a proposal on the runway when he's not there? Even if the show insisted on it, Braden could've said "No, I'd prefer the Skype announcement" - though even there I felt it was a bit contrived as well given how his fiancee mentioned how things ruled in the state (well that and I thought technically they were not supposed to get outside news while on the show).

Not saying that Jeremy's actions or comments weren't diva-ish, but I could see where he's coming from in that area.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.

FORT Fogey

What I really noticed is that when Tim asked about the judges playing favorites, there was an uncomfortable pause, and then someone made a comment about how Dom was likable and while that isn't why she won, it probably helped. I suspect people really wanted to bring up other situations and chose not to--if they've seen the show, they have to have seen Heidi constantly championing Alexandria, even when the other judges didn't like her designs.

Alexandria really doesn't seem to understand how she comes off, which could hurt her as a designer. People would rather work with folks who have talent but seem more congenial and respectful, ala Justin. Though Ken's apology may have been all surface, at least he caught on to the fact that he needed to apologize. While Alexandria's behavior wasn't as bad as his, she should have figured out that she needed to temper her responses somewhat too, if only to look like the bigger person and score herself some PR points.
    crusin, GabbyG and petertracy like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think he does - but ever since his blogging about Gretchen's win in season 8 over a far superior Mondo (the "What were these judges smoking" comments) they have kept him in line as far as Lifetime production on his own personal opinions on the show. In fact, it was very telling he used that season as an example of where favoritism would've been clearly shown, as again - Nina and Michael outvoted Heidi.

I noticed this especially since he doesn't blog a lot if at all anymore. Also, I noticed Mondo has not given a blog about the season post the Ken debacle, so I wondered there as well if he was reigned in by production.

Honestly I think he's loyal to Heidi here anymore ONLY to keep his job. The other mentor they use for the All-Stars season is also good as far as the professionalism (though I think Tim is better myself), so they could become petty if they wanted to and fire Tim Gunn. Yeah, I think that'd be show suicide for them, but I'm going to throw it out there for argument's sake.
    If they fired Tim Gunn, I think it would hurt the show far more than it would hurt Tim Gunn, who would likely get other offers if he wished to continue on with a television career. But who knows? If he's been careful with his money, he might prefer to do something else.
    Florimel, crusin, GabbyG and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If they fired Tim Gunn, I think it would hurt the show far more than it would hurt Tim Gunn, who would likely get other offers if he wished to continue on with a television career. But who knows? If he's been careful with his money, he might prefer to do something else.
    OK, then he acts this way to help the designers and keep them from missing out on any exposure they may get from doing this show.

You are right though - Tim could get jobs elsewhere and do it with style, panache and kindness. He is open and honest, but never rude and ugly unless it's warranted (and that is rare as we saw last night). He'd be fine, but I do think he does it to the benefit of "PR" more than anything.

Or he simply enjoys the show - maybe it's a bit reminiscent for him when he was on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" (or I think he was on that show).

What I really noticed is that when Tim asked about the judges playing favorites, there was an uncomfortable pause, and then someone made a comment about how Dom was likable and while that isn't why she won, it probably helped. I suspect people really wanted to bring up other situations and chose not to--if they've seen the show, they have to have seen Heidi constantly championing Alexandria, even when the other judges didn't like her designs.
    I think out of all of them - they wanted to say that Alexandria was indeed favored by Heidi but fortunately common sense prevailed and Dom won (out of those two). Justin wasn't bitter about being third - I think partially BECAUSE he was saved, but honestly I felt he had the edge over Alexandria and it should've been a Dom-Justin final two. Most folks could sew what Alexandria made by adding extra bits to a Simplicity pattern (at least it felt that way to me). In HIS case there was obvious favoritism, as was her being "Safe" on the print challenge where her print was so faint one wouldn't have even thought she done one.

I don't doubt Dom being likable is a reason why she won, but over the season she was the most consistent. If I've got it right, she was only in the bottom one time and it was that redesign your look they did. Even then her original outfit wasn't all that bad, but not right for the challenge.

Though again - if they WANT to use another example of favoritism, it should've been that one with Ken's streetwalker "Southern" dress winning over Jeremy's truer Southern woman remake dress.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-25-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Or he simply enjoys the show - maybe it's a bit reminiscent for him when he was on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" (or I think he was on that show).
    Tim Gunn was not on Queer Eye. I even looked up the list of guys to make sure I wasn't crazy!
    The guys on Queer Eye were: Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Thom Filicia, Carson Kressley, and Jai Rodriguez

I tried to watch this reunion show, but my attention drifted badly. I have a really hard time with reunion shows -- they never seem to capture me!

FORT Fogey

Tim is as much a fixture on this show as Heidi. He isn't in any danger. Blogging about the Gretchen/Mondo season created fabulous buzz; there is no way production disliked that! And I am sure all approved of how he handled the reunion.

The editor should be fired. That was the most disjointed reunion show they have ever had.
    pikachu likes this.

True -- the only reason Heidi won an Emmy as host this year was because they added Tim to the ballot. Tim probably has a lot more pull now than he did in the past. And he still has his day job at Liz Caliborne, although I wonder how busy they keep him there. He seems to be incredibly available for the show. Maybe it was written into his LC contract...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

As far as the judges are concerned, and please bear in mind that I have never liked Heidi Klum, they are human beings and fashion is subjective. Each will have his or her own opinion on what they think is good fashion. It doesn't surprise me when they don't agree. It's probably also influenced by what market(s) they cater to and each has his own reasons for wanting to stay relevant.

I never thought the idea of not knowing who created what design before the fashion show made any sense even if they did swap out the models. After a couple of shows, the judges should be able have a very good idea of who designed what based on the style of the garment alone.

Sandro and Ken were are hateful as usual and I'd prefer to never see either of them again. Both are delusional. Jeremy's attitude to Bradon's proposal surprised me; it seemed a little petty. Alexandria just seemed clueless about her behavior and I think she is still furious about coming in second instead of grateful for the exposure it will give her. Helen is just ugly inside. She made it so obvious that they only way she wouldn't have won everything was if it was rigged against her. I rarely liked her designs and he final colllection was horrible. Alexander and his tweets were mean and idiotic.

Dom was delightful. Of course, it's easy to be gracious when you are the winner, but I found her to be that way throughout the competition and I'm glad she came in first. Justin was another one who came off as grateful for the opportunity he was give and for what he would take from his third place finish. Bradon behaved well, too. I think he will continue to be successful.
    Shoepie and wannasee like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And I will now celebrate the fact that I probably won't EVER see Sandro, Ken, or Alexandria (or their "designs") ever again.
    Do not speak to soon. At least one of them will come back (well maybe not Sandro since he quit) for a PR All-Stars. There's a lot of them in this season that I don't want to see come back. I despise a lot of personalities this time.

Sandro is delusional and clueless. His low-IQ makes him an idiot. His designs truly look trashy or shall I say, 'prostitutional'.

Alexandria, I agree, always looked sour for I don't know what reason. She's definitely not there to make friends. She's not very articulate and that's probably why she couldn't make a come back against Helen. While Helen, well you can see her emotional immaturity facing Alexandria like that. Everyone said bad things about each other off camera, so just take it and leave it. Probably because she never said a bad thing to Alexandria so she got upset? She's always a wreck and I wish it was her and not Kate who made the final 5.

Jeremy was jealous that Bradon took the limelight when Bradon proposed to his bf on TV. I think Bradon was very genuine and it inspired many viewers for him doing it. Did Bradon win that challenge? I don't remember but that's probably why it left a bad taste in Jeremy's mouth.

Tim Gunn of course will say that the judges were not playing favorites. That's not him. He will not throw the judges under the bus. He would however point out where they made a mistake when they eliminate a contestant and that's why the Tim Gunn Save. I wish he didn't have to save but just break a tie for the top design and the bottom design. It's true that Mondo could have won his season because he was a favorite of the judges (and knowing he is HIV+ so there's that pity card) but he didn't so that throws out any conspiracies. Heidi though was obvious in having a hand in including Alexandria to make a final 4 instead of just final 3. Tim should bring back his Vlog. Call it The Gunn Point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast