+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Bolding mine.

I hear you. My biggest fear was that we'd have another Gretchen type win on our hands.

Happy Dom won but would liked to have seen Kate in the finale.
    I agree... Kate over Alexandria. If Kate hadn't added the nigh ruffles I think shed been safe and Alexandria out maybe...

No knowing Heidi it'd been Justin though he was better than Alexandria under challenge.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm losing interest in this show because of Heidi. I recognize that she is executive producer and has a lot of control, but if it's REALLY a design competition and not a strong-arm contest, then she should not have the ability to eliminate real contenders for her favorites. This is a woman who dresses WAY too young and looks kind of like a hooker half the time. That glittery gown she showed up in for the final runway was at least 2 sizes too small . . . and made her look like she had saddlebags because of it. Apparently when she and Seal divorced, he took all the mirrors with him when he left the house. Her taste is questionable, at best.

It looked like Alexandria used the same pattern for most of her pants, stole the vest idea from Justin, and had the kids in her sewing camp design and sew the rest of it. As I said upthread, I've seen that kind of stuff in the mall, but done better.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Braedon's show was a disappointment - given what he is capable of. He runs hot and cold which is unfortunate. I love him as a person, and when he designs well, he really designs well. I hope he comes back for an all-stars. Justin's work is what I thought it would be. Pretty but nothing runway-inspiring.

I really like Alexandria's work - a lot. But Nina is right. It's not runway material. I'm not fashion savvy but also as Nina has said, they don't seem that new and innovative.

Dom's collection as nice but nothing over the moon. I would like to have seen something "more".

I really like Helen's work and I think the has the most potential for innovation in the whole bunch, but I agree with the judges that her designs at the end were underwhelming. She, like Braedon, really missed the mark.

I thought Alexandria had the very best collection of all. I do not think personality should matter. It has been said time and again that it is about the fashion not the personalities.

Dom's stuff was the ugliest of all, IMO.

I'm sorry but the reminder of all of those awful poopy pants & the way Heidi gushed over them turned me off of Alexandria for the duration. And all of her pants in the show had those stupid finger holders in them? WTH was that???
    AZChristian likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    I thought Alexandria had the very best collection of all. I do not think personality should matter. It has been said time and again that it is about the fashion not the personalities.

Dom's stuff was the ugliest of all, IMO.
    It isn't just Alexandria's personality I don't like. To me, most of the clothes she made this season looked sloppy and her clothes in the later part of this season seemed too pigeon-holed to one demographic. She said she knows what young girls like to wear so that automatically cuts off more mature ladies and I don't know that her clothes would appeal to ALL young girls so that cuts her market even further. To me, of all the designers left in the finale, Alexandria was the least marketable.

One could argue that sales are not the only mark of a good designer and that runway shows are more about artistic expression than making a buck but to me, making well-made clothes that a wide range of people are going to pay money to wear is the mark of a good designer and what Project Runway should be about.

Photobabe likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Doesn't surprise me honestly - I could clearly see the one between Ken and Alexander having gone on for at least an hour if not more. Dom REALLY seemed stressed out about it in commentary about the event they did for extras/behind the scenes.

As far as the other stuff, it honestly doesn't surprise me nor the fact that all four finalists really didn't create a whole lot of drama in the workroom - Alexandria really being the only "Sandie" (dust storm) of the lot.

The Reunion Show will be on at 8pm EDT with All Stars starting at 9pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It isn't just Alexandria's personality I don't like. To me, most of the clothes she made this season looked sloppy and her clothes in the later part of this season seemed too pigeon-holed to one demographic. She said she knows what young girls like to wear so that automatically cuts off more mature ladies and I don't know that her clothes would appeal to ALL young girls so that cuts her market even further. To me, of all the designers left in the finale, Alexandria was the least marketable.

One could argue that sales are not the only mark of a good designer and that runway shows are more about artistic expression than making a buck but to me, making well-made clothes that a wide range of people are going to pay money to wear is the mark of a good designer and what Project Runway should be about.
    If she said that one more time! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456