+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Think it is time for me to hang up my Miu Miu mules & DVF wrap dress and call it a wrap on this how for a bit. Happy Dom won but Alexandria in 2nd???? SERIOUSLY????
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Wow! I can't believe someone that I've been rooting for won. That rarely happens with this show. Yay for Dom!!
    cmurfi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yay! Who came in second then? Bradon or Alex?
    Alexandra did...sigh
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yay! Who came in second then? Bradon or Alex?
    Alex....
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Alex in 2nd. Over Bradon.

F*** the judges.

This is almost as bad as the country cult.

But not as bad, because the country cult are millions of ignorant people while Heidi is just one.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Dom won but Alexandria in 2nd???? SERIOUSLY????
    Agreed. Ugh! I can't stand her and hate that she came in 2nd. I really like Justin's collection and wish he would've come in 2nd instead.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've lost all respect for Project Runway. Just like I stopped watching the Bachelor when I felt it become a farce instead of a true search for love, I feel like Project Runway is no longer a search for true talent. I've felt that way for many seasons but still liked the show enough in general not to give up on it. I don't know now, though. I'm happy that Dom won but Alexandria should have been the first designer out in the finale. It's a travesty that she was the runner-up for the win.

Thanks a lot, Heidi. I think you've completely squashed my belief in the validity of your show.

I have to wonder if Heidi wouldn't let Justin win because he wouldn't have made it to the finale if Tim Gunn hadn't saved him. It shows how wrong she and the other judges were to eliminate Justin earlier on.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Full disclosure: the only bit of this season I watched was from tonight's runway show through to the end of the judging, so I have no idea about these contestants' personalities or past looks. Dom did a great job, as did Justin. Bradon's looks were good, but I agreed that it wasn't really a cohesive collection. I was in fear Alexandria would win a la Gretchen. Bland, boring looks that make you look like you slept in your clothes.

I think there were a lot of really anxious fans out there who thought that Alexandria would be winning this season and Justin coming in second. Thanks editors. To be honest I thought from the judges comments that Alexandria would be winning. Obviously her clothes look better up close. I do think that her collection showed well but I thought perhaps she would be dinged for having too many pants in her collection yet that was never brought up. It was hard to tell at one point if was going to be Alexandria, Dom or Justin. Still I think that this exposure was good for all their careers.
    Kip likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thoughts about tonight:

1. Glad Dom won - but honestly that was not the two best of the final four. The final two should've been Justin and Dom with either winning. If she hadn't won, I'd say that Gretchen AND Brian (the winner of Project Accessory) have been vidicated as not being the worst winners of any of those series. (I maintain Brian's win is one of the huge reasons that spinoff only had the one season).

2. Zac must've been told to say that Alexandria's materials were more "luxe" in order to validate her getting second place. Honestly, many folks go for design over luxe when they want something nice to wear - especially for what could be a Belk collection (which has stuff that anyone can afford). And honestly, Justin's most folks will go for first because they actually look like fashion and not something that - to be nice - you can find at Hot Topic almost (or Forever XXI).

3. Well, in short, Alexandria should NEVER had been there. She took away from Justin and Bradon's EARNED spots in the final four and placing. Yes, Justin was saved, but he PROVED he deserved to be there and should've NEVER been eliminated in the first place - as Karen's dress was simply basic. And to act arrogant and her parting comment about losing? - well, I SERIOUSLY think she will be one of the ones who causes a lot of sparks in the reunion next week.

4. Love Bradon, but I think he choked a bit. He should've been third - because there should've been a top three. I'm sorry he lost out to Heidi's pet as I am for Justin.

5. Justin's parents put things in perspective, as did he in his loss. Gracious winning and losing - I doubt he'll be looking for folks interested in his work. Heck, I think his ideas using a 3D printer honestly could create a new line of accessories, and that alone could bring him quite a few sales (either printing stuff from that machine or designing accessories that can be turned into casts for metal).

Oh and I liked that one of my favorite designers of all time - Dimitry - loved his designs... AND the fact that they had (and showed) all the applause Justin got for that test tube dress. I don't know if it beats Austin's corn husk dress from season one (seen as one of the best designs of all time), but it is either tied or very VERY close for it based on the response.

6. I agree on Dom's outfit for her win - she looked like a polka dot tea bag. She has been pretty good on design all season, but her outfit honestly felt like it was the last outfit she had in the suitcase. That said - maybe she wanted her model to stand out and be noticed should she win because she sees it as a team effort.

Overall - an OK season with a good ending. It would've been better if:

1. Sandro and Ken were kicked out faster for their bad behavior (if not flat out not considered to begin with).

2. Heidi didn't play favorites and keep a designer who was CLEARLY inferior to the others in the contest all the way to a second place win, and

3. The judges didn't decide to hinder the designer's creative spirit in the create your own print challenge by having folks come in for "inspiration." That NEEDS and SHOULD stay where the designers get free reign to show who THEY are.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Full disclosure: the only bit of this season I watched was from tonight's runway show through to the end of the judging, so I have no idea about these contestants' personalities or past looks. Dom did a great job, as did Justin. Bradon's looks were good, but I agreed that it wasn't really a cohesive collection. I was in fear Alexandria would win a la Gretchen. Bland, boring looks that make you look like you slept in your clothes.
    In fairness to Gretchen - one of the rare ones I'll give and as I've said elsewhere - at least SHE could design well-made clothes that didn't look like a Simplicity pattern blown up and knows how to make accessories that actually looked good and folks buy (I think she sells more of these than clothes).
    pikachu and JohnnyK like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast