+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm so happy Justin got a "Wow" moment on the runway! Good for him! I'm hoping for a Dom or Justin win at this point.

FORT Fogey

I am really enjoying this season. Although, I think the line between the good and the bad was really clear this season. I'd like to have seen Kate in the top 5 rather than Justin, though. People speak highly of him, but I've been underwhelmed. I wonder if his work looks better live than it does on TV.

I hope Kate and Helen get to have a show like non-winners have had in the past. I'd like to see what they can do.

I think the top two, Dom and Braedon are great and I think it will come down to them.

I really like Alexandria's work - a lot. But, the judges are right. She'll need to do something to get the designs to pop on the runway. I hope she heeds the advise she has been given.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    If someone has a link to all the collections would you please send it to me in a pm? Please?
    Here's a link to a page with all the collections, including decoys: Television | Tom & Lorenzo

Click to see Spoiler:
    Interesting that Ken didn't show a decoy collection -- he was probably still in the middle of a temper tantrum at the time...
    Photobabe likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks for the link! Wow, I was surprised at these designs. I think we saw more creativity in the regular challenges, with a few exceptions. I am not saying I did not like any of the fashions...I did. But I liked them in the sense that I would like any pretty dress. No real wow factor to be had for the most part, although I did like some of the colors/fabrics used.

Helen's collection was boring and laughable as I expected it to be. Glad she was not in the final. I sort of liked Justin's, but again I thought we saw more creativity earlier. Kate's was pretty. I think given what they all presented, she should have been in the final. Alexandria's was what I expected to see, lots of tearing and ripping and weirdly angled pants and seams. No color whatsoever. Dom didn't use prints in her usual interesting way, in my opinion. The shapes weren't very interesting either. I think her best work was that anime dress early on. I liked some of her later stuff too, but she was hit and miss for me.

I was most surprised by Bradon. His earlier work was much more artistic for the most part. I don't know what happened here, but it almost seems as if they decided to play it safe or got scared. Or maybe they were just worn out by all the challenges and had no creative spark left to speak of. I'm not trying to say the clothing was bad, but it certainly was different from what I expected to see.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Thanks for the link! Wow, I was surprised at these designs. I think we saw more creativity in the regular challenges, with a few exceptions. I am not saying I did not like any of the fashions...I did. But I liked them in the sense that I would like any pretty dress. No real wow factor to be had for the most part, although I did like some of the colors/fabrics used.

Helen's collection was boring and laughable as I expected it to be. Glad she was not in the final. I sort of liked Justin's, but again I thought we saw more creativity earlier. Kate's was pretty. I think given what they all presented, she should have been in the final. Alexandria's was what I expected to see, lots of tearing and ripping and weirdly angled pants and seams. No color whatsoever. Dom didn't use prints in her usual interesting way, in my opinion. The shapes weren't very interesting either. I think her best work was that anime dress early on. I liked some of her later stuff too, but she was hit and miss for me.

I was most surprised by Bradon. His earlier work was much more artistic for the most part. I don't know what happened here, but it almost seems as if they decided to play it safe or got scared. Or maybe they were just worn out by all the challenges and had no creative spark left to speak of. I'm not trying to say the clothing was bad, but it certainly was different from what I expected to see.
    I agree. I wish Dom had taken off in the direction of her anime dress, she was onto something. In the past we have seen much better finalists. I can remember it being hard to choose which one I like best because they were all good. Jeff, Uli, Kato, Jay, Ceriano, Leanne, to name some off the top of my head and there were many more.

FORT Fogey

I can't say there was a particular collection that struck me as one I'd think of as the automatic winner. It was more like I liked a few pieces in most of the collections but not enough in any single collection for one designer to have a clear majority of winning looks. But then again, that's not been unusual for me in the last few years.

I didn't like Alexandria's line, but then I haven't liked her clothes much all season, and I like her attitude even less. Helen's wasn't impressive either. But with the rest of them, I was liking individual pieces without necessarily seeing a cohesive line I admired.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I finally watched this week's episode last night.

All I know is, Tim alluded to the fact that the judges must have been smoking crack a few years ago (Gretchen's season). Based on Heidi's obvious favoritism towards Alexandria's work - for no apparent reason - Heidi kept a little crack stashed away and is using it now. I've seen stuff like that at the mall . . . but done better.

Alexandria AND Helen should have been eliminated.
    pikachu, jucamer and Babbred like this.

After looking at all the collections, I found myself liking best those of the four finalists. I did not like Helen's or Kate's at all and Jeremy's was way over the top for me. Based on what I saw, I can picture any of the finalists winning.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

To the Point

Based on looking at the runway looks I liked Bradon, Dom, Justin & Alexandia...in that order. That actually surprises me but I've liked the 3 I list as my top 3 the whole season so I'm good with anyone except Alexandria and I'm not going to lose any sleep over her winning if she does.

FORT Fogey

I don't care who wins either. The reason I think Dom has the edge is the use of her original prints and Bradon has a real clunker in his mix that is hard to ignore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast