+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Barf. They should have eliminated Alexandria and had Justin and Helen duke it out for the last spot at Fashion Week. Her collection is going to be total garbage. In fact, that's what she should call it! "Total Garbage", by Alexandria von Brommson.

I'll puke if her whole collection is poopy pants and rags.
    Hey pikachu. You had better get the barf bucket ready. I have a feeling we will be seeing a whole lot of poopy pants and rags in that collection. They are
    the only things she knows how to do.

Dom's jacket was beautiful. And it looked great on Emmy R. I thought she might ask if she could buy it on the spot.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I noticed the Heidi very vocally started ripping into the construction of Justin's dress during the time for the judges to look closer.
    It was very obvious what she was doing. Did she really expect perfection in a challenge where they had to produce an avant garde piece and re-work a failed item also?? I doubt there was perfect construction in any of them.....I'm sure there would have been if they'd been given enough time.
    Poopy pants deserves to go away and take sniveling Helen with her.
    Florimel, jucamer and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I noticed the Heidi very vocally started ripping into the construction of Justin's dress during the time for the judges to look closer.
    It was very obvious what she was doing. Did she really expect perfection in a challenge where they had to produce an avant garde piece and re-work a failed item also?? I doubt there was perfect construction in any of them.....I'm sure there would have been if they'd been given enough time.
    Poopy pants deserves to go away and take sniveling Helen with her.
    When it is Justin, of COURSE she wants perfection. It's the only way to eliminate him in favor of her favorite in Alexandria.

No, it was blatantly obvious she didn't want Justin to be competing with Helen for the final three spot (as it's pretty obvious they still were going to do a head-to-head) so she did this as an attempt to get what she wanted and won.

IMHO, I would hope that Justin if he's eliminated in favor of BOTH women next week is a bit vocal about it, especially if he has the best runway show of the lot (Which I think is going to happen).
    Dragonlady and jucamer like this.

I was finally able to watch over the weekend, and I think the judges had a dilemma. They had to eliminate two and keep one, but they really wanted to eliminate one and keep two. And I don't remember them ever bringing someone back after Santos left.

They could have eliminated one (Alexandria) and kept two (Justin and Helen), but as has been noted, A. is one of Heidi's faves. So rather than drag out the discussion, given that they still had that extra slot hanging around, they went with the three-off.

I'm just hoping Justin makes it to Fashion Week.
    inthegarden and jucamer like this.

I agree Triple, except more often than not they do a showdown between third and fourth place for the final spot, mostly because they have an extra episode before the finale.

Personally I wish that if they had an extra episode to instead not do a double elimination and then put the double elimination in the final five.

Sadly I think this was a ploy to ensure that Justin would flop and be out so the judges couldn't be proven wrong on their interpretation of fashion - well at least Heidi's. I mean, yeah, I hated Nina's comment to Justin about the dress that eliminated him, but she is usually spot on in regard to what is and isn't fashion and usually right on the design.
    jucamer likes this.

I would just like to say that like so many here, I'm very Pro-Justin in this season. And not because he has disabilities. Usually, I'm very Anti-"victim/sob story" types. I very much dislike how shows try to use contestants' sad back stories to reel in the votes. So sometimes I may even not judge a person fairly when I feel that TPTB are trying to manipulate a reality show and shame on me for that.

But it Justin's case, I truly believe he is very talented....and very quiet and non-drama. Sometimes those quiet ones can be overlooked. I'm trying to judge them on what they produce throughout the season, unlike the rest of the judges. I feel Justin rightfully deserved The Tim Gunn Save this year and he's proven that.
    Just like I hated it when Kate was eliminated for her one bad design. I never liked Kate but the girl is talented and proved that all season long.
    Shame on you, Heidi.
    jucamer likes this.

Very well said Dragonlady. I personally have liked Dom, Braden, Jeremy, Kate and Justin all season. They are talented, low key and have had some corkers about others' designs but never ugly about them - the comments I heard were fair assessments of the work.

I didn't care that Justin has a disability, in fact I find it fascinating he hasn't let it do anything more than inspire him in some of his creations. And while he has mentioned the use of the cochlear implant, when it's been mentioned it's been used more for the funny scenes such as when he was irritated with Ken or Sandro's loud outbursts, he said (roughtly) "Well, I can take off my hearing and not deal with the drama."

And save maybe the dress that got him eliminated - but he at least TRIED to be creative over Karen, he has had good to lovely designs.

IMHO if Heidi is going to treat folks who are saved with the Tim Gunn save like she has Justin she's better off NOT doing it at all, because what happened Thursday just SCREAMS manipulation and bias. Alexandria should've been eliminated, and she went "OK, we're going to have three mini-runways before the finale."

Seriously, if I were say Mondo, I'd be upset too because this was the attitude she SHOULD have had when Nina and Michael chose ready-to-wear boring "She who will not be named" over Mondo for the win his first season. I mean - you could TELL he wasn't as inspired in his second go-round.
    cubsfan55, Dragonlady and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345