+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Random thoughts:

I don't think it is Heidi's decision, alone, to have all three make collections. This is something that seems to have become standard. I like Heidi and always have.

Dom. She has been my favorite from day one. The dress she made in the carnival challenge was fabulous! That was the blue dress that looked like Japanese anime. Loved it! I like who she is, too. I bet she wins this.

Jason. I like him and most of what he has done.

Justin. Yes, he is sweet and a very gentle, kind man, we all agree on that. His work does not stand out as superior to me. I could not identify a garment and say, that is so Justin. I really don't know his point of view. I loved his avant guard dress and coat. I didn't understand the emotion behind redoing his eliminated look.

Alexandria. gawd

Helen. I liked most of what she did but her lack of self confidence is off putting. How can she succeed in this career with so many self doubts? That said, I am looking forward to her collection and she is my choice for the 3rd finalist.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

lol, Shoepie. You keep calling Bradon Jason! Does he just look like a Jason to you??

And I agree that Helen will never make it in the fashion industry if she's so full of self-doubt. She unravels during every challenge! The worst that could happen on this show is that she could be eliminated. In the real world, the worst that could happen is her fashions wouldn't sell and she wouldn't be able to make a living. Plus, she'll be up against a whole lot more competition, not just a few people. You've got to be hardier to make it in such a competitive field.

BTW, do you all catch what the designers spent at Mood? $600, $900...I was like, sheesh! Can you imagine what those outfits would retail for if the cost of the materials was $900? I sure wouldn't pay that much for one outfit.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-04-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    dzigner, wannasee and Babbred like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Random thoughts:

I don't think it is Heidi's decision, alone, to have all three make collections. This is something that seems to have become standard. I like Heidi and always have.
    To my knowledge though - at least since it's been on Lifetime, they have NEVER done a three people for the last spot runway show. It's - to me - OBVIOUS they're doing it because Heidi's favorite - Alexandria - was clearly the WORST designer last night.

And given she's ONE of the executives on the show, and has a bit more clout, that's why this happened. It may explain why Alyssa Milano is doing the PR All-Stars (besides it possibly being filmed while Heidi was on "AGT.")
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I am looking forward to next week's episode just to see Tim Gunn's home visits. I love those. He's the best!! He is what keeps PR relevant.
    Tim makes it work.
    dzigner, Babbred and short_lived like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    BTW, do you all catch what the designers spent at Mood? $600, $900...I was like, sheesh! Can you imagine what those outfits would retail for if the cost of the materials was $900? I sure wouldn't pay that much for one outfit.
    Face it, the clothes designed on PR are not made for the likes of us. I'm willing to bet that most of us, short of a prom dress or two, will not be wearing red carpet dresses any time soon. That's what makes PR more fun to watch than that other fashion show where the department store buyers judge and purchase the resulting designs.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    Face it, the clothes designed on PR are not made for the likes of us. I'm willing to bet that most of us, short of a prom dress or two, will not be wearing red carpet dresses any time soon. That's what makes PR more fun to watch than that other fashion show where the department store buyers judge and purchase the resulting designs.
    I can appreciate good designs whether I would wear them or not. I loved Dom's work last night even though I would never wear it (nor would my twenty-something daughter or daughter in laws). I loved Mondo's designs on his season (not as much on his all-star seasons), but there were a lot I wouldn't have worn. Gretchen's clothes were okay and more wearable for me, but Mondo was the better designer.

I would have sent Helen home last night because she did not make an avant garde dress. I liked the dress, but it did not meet the parameters of the challenge. The same with the makeover challenge - Tim said the designers had to keep the basics of the original - the original design had to come through. Helen didn't do that and it was a repeat of the dress she did last week.

I liked Alexandria's dress okay - my SIL's sister would wear that dress.

I liked both of Justin's pieces.

I didn't really care for Braden's dress, but I'm glad he's in the finals - he's made some stunningly beautiful dresses.

I would have given Dom the win.

(I like Fashion Star where store buyers purchase designs. That's instant validity. A designer isn't going to be around for long if nobody buys from them. Sometimes I question the buyers' wisdom on some purchases, but not nearly as often as I question some of the judges on PR.)

FORT Fogey

lol, Shoepie. You keep calling Bradon Jason! Does he just look like a Jason to you??
    My neighbor is at fault. NO, his mother is. She named him Jason. And no, he looks nothing like Brandon. I have reached Nirvana and no longer focus on the physical details here on earth. How does that sound? Or how about aging brain? You choose.

Dom's jacket and jumpsuit was my favorite.

My favorite dresses were easily Dom's and Justin's avant guard dresses. Even without the coat Dom's outfit was new and interesting (and still looked like a butterfly).

Justin put his heart and soul into that jacket and dress, and Heidi DARES nitpick on it to keep her fave around? He did more work, he wants to be in the final three and should.

Helen's were uninspiring but at least she produced GOOD stuff.

Alexandria makes me mad that Jeremy and dare I say it KEN have been eliminated. I'd rather snot nosed brat Ken be in this final five over her because he did actually overall make better work.

What she produced yesterday seeing the dresses in still? - I think that Timothy (or the remnant guy's) jewel challenge dress was more elegant, and that is saying something. He produced that for $125 and Alexandria used like $900-$1,000 for her materials.

Let me put it to you this way, I prefer Justin being in the finals, so I will be disappointed if Helen makes the final three. It won't bother me too bad though because at least she has produced designs that I see a fashion designer making and selling.

Alexandria's outfits are coming out of a Hot Topic studio based on what I'm seeing. And IMHO - Hot Topic actually produces BETTER work than she does. I will be REALLY angry if she's in the final three.

I will say that I'd prefer Dom or Braden to win as they have had the most consistent top looks and would do well with the package, but I'd at least like the best three to move on. That third person based on the past four challenges is Justin or Helen, who have had the most TOP looks (I do not factor in "wins.")
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

I looked at the clothes on the PR website. They have a magnifier that lets you get a closer look. Alexandria's dress looked fabulous...for a very expensive Halloween costume! Add a mask and a pointy hat and you have a great witch's get up. I was stunned to hear Heidi's defense of her. Dom constantly amazes me with the creative and fun way she mixes prints. I'd like to see Dom or Brandon win it with Justin making up the 3rd to show at Fashion Week. I find Helen annoying and Alexandria untalented.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Florimel like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast