+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/3 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Rigged to the extreme is more like it. Heidi is trying to have her way to get Alexandria in the final three.

Sorry, but the final three should've been Dom, Braden and Justin based on these looks.

To allow someone who had an AWFUL avante guard outfit with pants that were just barely altered (Alexandria)

Or....

Another one who used the SAME DESIGN she used in a previous challenge (modifying the color and neckline slightly) AND oversimplifying the "make it work dress" into ANOTHER DESIGN she did (in fact last weeks) and just barely modifying the top and adding a single rectangle flap (Helen).

Over someone who actually GAVE A CARE and worked hard to create two new and updated/beautiful designs (Justin)...

Is a travesty.

I dare say it - it'll be second only to Mondo's first season. But admittedly, if the winner of his first season was up against Helen or Alexandria and won, I'd say then she earned it.
    Kip, pikachu, Dragonlady and 2 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm not sad Kate's gone. For non-potential reasons. But that's unfair, isn't it? Isn't it? I am a hypocrite am I not?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    As long as Bradon or Dom wins, I won't rage at this show.

Helen is still physically gorgeous but she doesn't deserve to win. Justin was already out at one point and I think the save was used too early then. So he shouldn't either. And Alex, we all feel the same way about her.
    I agree on all three but IMHO out of the three Justin deserves the chance to be in the show because he actually created nice stuff except for the dress that got him eliminated. What will most likely happen is that he'll be eliminated out of revenge of being saved (which I do think he's been judged based on it post his save) and Alexandria will win because she's who Heidi likes.

Seriously, I'm someone of the age that Alexandria is styling for (20s-30s) and I wouldn't spend hundreds for outfits that I can easily make by buying fabric and cutting jaggedly or doing the "sagging" that is popular among some folks (and this I wouldn't do anyway - I hate the poopy pants).

In Helen's case I wouldn't spend the money to get a dress with a print that I could get at Wal-Mart let alone in bulk fabrics.

FORT Fogey

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever that Justin wasn't sent to Fashion Week if they were judging on this evening's looks, as they're supposed to be. All season long, one wrong look sends you home. They can't suddenly change he rules now, just to satisfy Heidi and her fetish for Alexandria's rags and poopy pants. The only one of the final three whose work all three judges liked tonight was Justin's. They all agreed it was the best work he'd turned out all season long, and that's what's supposed to happen at this point.

Frankly, I wouldn't have cried terribly hard if both Helen and Alexandria had been sent home tonight. Neither of Alexandria's looks were good, and Helen's avant garde look was not terribly original. In addition, while Justin, Dom, and Braden (especially Braden and Justin, in my opinion) turned out stuff that looked really unusual and beautiful and did good work with their repurposed outfits, Helen's reworked outfit looked as if it used almost none of the original dress' material, and while beautifully sewn, looked very much like her own outfit from the same challenge in style. So, essentially, she reworked her own outfit from last week.

Besides, when that butterfly landed on Justin's cap and just sat there while he drew....well, aside from being terribly cute, and I assumed that was the butterflies' way of indicating they'd like him to go to Fashion Week on their behalf. If Alexandria goes to Fashion Week instead of Justin, Heidi better watch out....the butterflies will get her for sure.
    Kip, dzigner, Dicechick and 5 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I also thought it was downright bitchy of Heidi to yap about the quality of Justin's work on a dress that was much more avant garde and beautiful and then get all hissy when the other judges were critical of her faves. For heaven's sake, Justin's was much more avant garde than Helen's or Alexandrias, and he made a dress and a cape. How about some credit for the greater degree of difficulty, design, and work that went into his outfit. As Tim pointed out, he was just glad Helen got something down the runway. I can't imagine depending on Helen to get something designed for me, because she crumbles so easily--I'd worry I'd never get what I paid for on time. And I wouldn't wear anything Alexandria's designed. I would, however, be willing to work with Justin as a client (assuming I ever had need for an original designer dress and could afford it, neither of which are likely to happen), because he seems much more even tempered and reliable. And he doesn't shred everything and make weirdly shaped pants.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Let's get overrated Alexandria out. I'm still hoping for a Dom, Bradon, Helen F3.
    I agree with you on dumping Alexandria and I am pulling strongly for Dom and Bradon but my third choice for Fashion Week is Justin. Helen runs hot and cold and her constant sniveling is driving me crazy. She's done some really good stuff but tonight, not so much. Justin, OTOH, knocked it out of the park tonight with his rework. I also liked his avant garde look. I know the judges saw some missteps when they looked closely at the white dress but from where I sat it looked marvelous.
    Last edited by luvbaroque; 10-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Kip, Dragonlady, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    I agree with you on dumping Alexandria and I am pulling strongly for Dom and Bradon but my third choice for Fashion Week is Justin. Helen runs hot and cold and her constant sniveling is driving me crazy. She's done some really good stuff but tonight, not so much. Justin, OTOH, knocked it out of the park tonight with his rework. I also liked his avant garDE look. I know the judges saw some missteps when they looked closely at the white dress but from where I sat it looked marvelous.
    I too give the edge on Justin as Helen created two looks tonight that were not avante guard - in fact they were TWO looks she did earlier this season - shoot one the last challenge sans the print (ironically too based off of KATE'S print challenge elimination )

Seriously - I truly think a lot of the Justin hate that Heidi has is because he was the one Tim Gunn saved. I think ANYONE save maybe Helen or Alexandria would be treated the same way if they got it.

On a more fun note - I do think that Dom is right and that Jeremy may be going "What was I thinking" when she created a much more youthful use of that print. She did think outside the box. That said, his elimination over Ken was another baloney elimination/save this year.

If Alyssa Milano does bring in a breath of fresh air to All-Stars, can we keep her and make Heidi a minor executive producer?
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fan

Heidi's fashion sense is questionable. She has some very tacky red carpet looks. Yes, she is drop dead gorgeous and a smart business woman, but her taste in clothing is just not there. She dresses too young and wouldn't know couture if it bit her in the butt. She is the ONLY reason Alexandria is still there, I think their paths may have crossed in the modeling world. I smell cronyism without a doubt. Helen's attitude rubs me the wrong way, I think she has talent, but she is young and misspeaks most of the time. She toots her own horn too loudly. My F3 would be Dom, Bradon and Justin without a doubt. Best looks of the night. And Justin showed such courage when he chose his own look to revamp. Heidi showed her true colors when she nitpicked the quality of his work. I would love to see the designer herself create a garment in 24 hours and let the judges critique it.

I am looking forward to next week's episode just to see Tim Gunn's home visits. I love those. He's the best!! He is what keeps PR relevant.
    Kip, pikachu, Dragonlady and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    Heidi's fashion sense is questionable. She has some very tacky red carpet looks. Yes, she is drop dead gorgeous and a smart business woman, but her taste in clothing is just not there. She dresses too young and wouldn't know couture if it bit her in the butt. She is the ONLY reason Alexandria is still there, I think their paths may have crossed in the modeling world. I smell cronyism without a doubt. Helen's attitude rubs me the wrong way, I think she has talent, but she is young and misspeaks most of the time. She toots her own horn too loudly. My F3 would be Dom, Bradon and Justin without a doubt. Best looks of the night. And Justin showed such courage when he chose his own look to revamp. Heidi showed her true colors when she nitpicked the quality of his work. I would love to see the designer herself create a garment in 24 hours and let the judges critique it.

I am looking forward to next week's episode just to see Tim Gunn's home visits. I love those. He's the best!! He is what keeps PR relevant.
    I agree on all of this.

Would LOVE to have Tim's honest opinion about this decision as well as Mondo's, but Tim I know will be reigned in after his opinion about - sorry to say - Gretchen winning over Mondo.

Even Gretchen's saves and win makes more sense than keeping Alexandria in this show. At least SHE overall had well made garments even if they were dated for the most part.

Mondo's assessments this season have overall been spot on, and always polite.

(Please note, anything with all caps isn't shouting - it's stressing my point )

I NEVER thought I'd agree with Nina but this time she was so right - I mean you could TELL from both Zac's and her faces that they were NOT happy and shocked that Heidi was defending the OBVIOUSLY BAD and WORST look of the night and wanting to keep them in there.

Let's be real - I'm supporting Nina's comments tonight after she called Justin's dress that got him eliminated the first time a rather crass comment, but then she was - from my POV - humbled that Justin took that dress and showed what he could do with the rework. It, Dom and Braden's reworks of the dresses really were the only three that really WERE inspired by the original looks and made them work and made them MUCH MUCH better. (I'd be a broken record with the other two...)

I think what burns my britches about the whole thing - back when it was Mondo vs. Gretchen, she didn't overrule Nina and Michael's decisions for Gretchen's ready to wear items over Mondo's far superior runway. This time she did for a far inferior runway in comparison. There is obvious favoritism, and - in this case - I'm starting to feel that there could be something that could lead to an investigation on the show for fraud. (Please don't laugh - there is precedent in that there were indeed suits and an investigation for UPN's "Manhunt" alleging a reshoot to get the results they wanted)
    jucamer likes this.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the top three were Brandon, Dom and Justin. I did think Alexandria's reworked pants looked great but the rest ... bleah. Did not like Helen's tangerine dress..what's avant-garde about that???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast