+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 9/26 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/26 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't think Justin's print represented his next generation muse. By using sign language as the inspiration for the print, he made it all about himself.
    I am mixed on the print myself - if it was the future of Miss USA, and about love of others around the world, it fits. He said that he was using it to represent the love that his muse showed toward kids who needed help (I was a little confused on the muse's group in specific).

And there were a couple of others I felt there was a bit of themselves in the print - Bradon loves the lines look, and his print is very similar to the embroidered fabric he made that one time.

Not saying EITHER'S is a bad print (In fact I think they were both far better than Alexandria's and Helen's), but they both had their own influence in the print.

Of note, I found Helen's print boring for a freestyle/photographic combo artist. It was too simple, or worse - I've SEEN SIMILAR prints in JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics.

She should've been called out for that print. I think it needed some broad brush strokes in COLOR in the dress. If she had done that, it wouldn't nearly be box store brand looking and I wouldn't have been as irritated that she was a top look.

And Alexander's ... well, he could've done so much more with the cake print - i.e. combined the ribbons with colors and small hints of spray painted color. Plus, he blew it plain and simple doing a cross print. Worse, the cross just didn't look right on that dress.

Finally - Alexandra's print didn't look like bricks and was far too faint in color to even appear to be a print. And the top... for her to be safe and put Justin in the bottom three ... yep, that's why I called foul here. Justin, now being in the bottom three at least three times... unless he hits it out of the ballpark will be the one eliminated before the final four are decided - the two finalists and then the two whom go head to head for the final spot.

And most likely we're going to get Alexandria and Helen a secure spot and either Bradon or Dom in the final spot, then Justin eliminated.

I am sad Kate was eliminated, but IMHO she was eliminated over Alexandria and not Justin. He should've been safe, Kate in the bottom but saved, and then Alexandria and Alexander eliminated.

(Of note - another reason I call bologna on Justin's critique as far as the print - I love Dimitry (winner a couple of seasons ago), but even he didn't use a whole lot of his fabric in his challenge... and he WON it).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-26-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

Alexandria....SAFE? Seriously? That outfit (if you can call it that) looked tortured...like something you find in a tree after a hurricane or tornado. Wow.
    mushybrain and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I liked him but I wish Tim had saved his Save and given it to Kate.
    For all we know, they may have changed it to where he couldn't have used it when immunity was no longer given (it was used before then). I just have a feeling that it wouldn't have been here for this week regardless - Jeremy's elimination the week before Ken's was bologna and I think Tim would've saved him. (That whole redesign bit was IMHO done for the purpose to keep Ken).

I'm done trying to figure out what these judges are looking at and what's going on in their minds. I think they are all feeling old and maybe thinking they need to like things that nobody would wear to be "hip". Heidi's taste level certainly is not mellowing with her age, nor is it equal to the other judges most of the time. I think she's having a middle aged crisis. Maybe they all are. I'm done, though. This smacks of favoritism and maybe something worse.
    I bolded this because I hate saying it... I am truly thinking there may be something up - i.e. they're deciding the winners (or manipulating it as such) during the season. Kate said it best when she said that she had a feeling when they changed it to "One or MORE would be out" during the runway challenge that she was going. I noticed in the beginning that there was no warning this may be a double elimination challenge, which for the most part has been done in the past.

Even more so when Helen isn't dinged for making a design I KNOW I've seen similar of in the "mere mortal" fabric stores... yeah, I guess that Heidi et al haven't stepped foot in a craft fabric store.

Oh, and even though Dom's dress was lovely, I thought Braden should have won. He is a clear standout. I like both of these designers, but because of the unfairness and the favoritism shown to some, I can't imagine I would enjoy seeing them in the final three, if they even get there.

Maybe it's time for new judges.
    For me, the only travesty would be if neither of them are in the final three, but I have a feeling as mentioned earlier that it'll be the two who most of this country wouldn't wear their outfits (Alexandria) or have gotten away with a few things (Helen) and then Dom or Bradon.

IMHO with the final five, my dream three are Justin, Dom and Bradon - all three of whom have not designed a dress that I have not absolutely hated. Each of them has at least created something in each outfit that I have liked, even if execution was not perfect.

I can sew as well as Alexandria and Helen as far as the results have gone... in fact, my boxer shorts were much better executed than Alexandria's outfit this week. Shucks I think even HOT TOPIC has better and more sophisticated looks (or even the winner of "Project Accessory" was more creative, and that is a stretch for me - I don't call him a true accessory innovator).

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Dom or Bradon should win now. Right?

By the way I do not agree with calling Helen a crybaby. Why? Because she cried a couple times?

In past seasons the top 8 or so designers have all shown at Fashion Week. I do hope Kate made that cut as I would like to see a collection by her. I also can't wait to see one done by Alexandria .. all those poopy pants and unfinished rag tops and weirdly tailored clothes and of course her brilliant choices of color and pattern. (loads of sarcasm there just in case no one got it)
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

IMO - Alexandria is one of the worst designers ever to be on the show never mind to get this far. Something is up with her -is she Heidi's relative or something? If she gets to Fashion Week over any of the remaining designers - that would be a travesty!
    NFL1 and mushybrain like this.

FORT Fogey

I have really liked Kate's work this season and would like to have seen her go to the finale. And, she's far better than both Justin and Alexander in general, but last night, she really sort of blew it. Although I could have seen Justin going home instead.

Alexandria is in over her head. I think she's a good designer but sort of a one-note, and she doesn't have the mental and emotional stamina to produce in a creative way withinin the confines of the show.

The final 3 should definately be Dom, Braden, and Helen.
    NFL1 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Usually, this is one of my favorite challenges. This time . . . . not so much. Some of the fabrics created were garish (Dom) and then some others were a real snooze-fest (Helen).

Justin's dress was NOT as bad as the judges made it out to be. It would have been better if he would have used more of his fabric - which was far more creative than most of the others.

Alexandria - safe - what the what???? That crooked skirt and bunched up jacket were fugly! She should have been in Justin's place in the bottom three.

Alexander was determined to do what he wanted to do no matter what was suggested to him. There was really nothing attractive about that dress AND he didn't seem to take this challenge seriously. No, he didn't laugh it off, but he also didn't seem to find any joy in it.

When we finally got to see the backside of Kate's dress, I was determined to raise a ruckus if Justin had been sent home instead of her. If that was the critique they were using, then she definitely deserved to be sent home. I've seen mass produced Halloween costumes made with dime-store fabric that were sewn better than her dress.

Had to laugh when they said Dom's dress was "runway ready". Runway? Sure, fine, I'll wear it on the runway, but I sure as heck won't be seen outside in public wearing that. It wasn't any better than the dress she made during the shoe challenge or the one from Coney Island.
    NFL1 and jucamer like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Looking at the pics again I see where Kate messed up - her print needed to be a darker blue so the flower would stand out... and should've been made of a binary number in a slightly large print but still create a flower like so (roughly):

0*00*0*00*0
    0*00*0*00*0
    **0000000**
    ***00000***
    ****000****
    *****0*****
    *****0*****
    *****0*****

(Note been a LONG time since I've done this idea - and it was for typing, and note a computer typing has to make me do the asterisks to get the shape - otherwise it bundles up ).

Justin's did need more of the print, maybe in place of the greyish stuff on the skirt, but I think they were going to put him in the bottom three regardless because of the Tim Gunn save.

IMHO, Heidi, et al, screwed up what is normally a fun challenge by forcing them to be inspired by other folks instead of themselves for this challenge. They took the fun and and inspiration out - and I could tell subtly in a couple of the prints they rebelled there.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-27-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    wannasee and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast