+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PR Designers: Where are they now?

Re: Christian Siriano - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3739790;
    That's amazing! It's good that PR can finally boast about having a true breakout star.

Jay McCarroll is still learning the business, Chloe stayed in her little shop, Jeffrey remained a d-bag, and Leanne is just getting started...
    I know, it's great to see one of these contestants find success as a designer. I wasn't even rooting for Christian back when PR4 aired (I was a Jillibot fan), but I'm super happy for him.

Speaking of Chloe, I wish she had moved away from her shop in Houston and attempted to move to a bigger city. But I guess it just wasn't for her, and her family was just too important for her to move away from them. Winning PR2 was just a little business boost to her shop then. Any word of how it's doing?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3739790;
    That's amazing! It's good that PR can finally boast about having a true breakout star.

Jay McCarroll is still learning the business, Chloe stayed in her little shop, Jeffrey remained a d-bag, and Leanne is just getting started...
    True. It makes me wonder whats gonna happen to the winner of this PR.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Not really a spoiler but i kinda think it will either be Althea or Irina but i would LOVE to see C.H. or Gordana win
    I

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3740148;
    I know, it's great to see one of these contestants find success as a designer. I wasn't even rooting for Christian back when PR4 aired (I was a Jillibot fan), but I'm super happy for him.

Speaking of Chloe, I wish she had moved away from her shop in Houston and attempted to move to a bigger city. But I guess it just wasn't for her, and her family was just too important for her to move away from them. Winning PR2 was just a little business boost to her shop then. Any word of how it's doing?
    I havent heard anything but im sure its doing really really well. It seemed when she was on S2 she wasnt really interested in the fame and fortune that goes along with winning a reality tv show. I was kinda bummed she wasnt on the All Stars PR. (sorry to get off subject)

FORT Fogey

I think Chloe sells stuff on one of those TV merchandise shows.....can't recall the name. I think she's "bigger" than just her shop.

Re: Jay - The Wildcard

Jay is done with the NY fashion scene and now only sells his stuff online, and will be on the new season of Celebrity Fit Club, premiering this month:
    Reality TV's First Winners

The first person Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia, Michael Kors, and American Project Runway devotees tipped their hat to was Season 1 winner, Jay McCarroll in 2005. The Pennsylvania native was a hit on the Bravo network, earning not only “the opportunity of a lifetime” to show his collection at New York Fashion Week, but also $100,000 to start his own line, and a mentorship with Banana Republic. But after meeting with two representatives from Banana Republic, McCarroll decided to turn down the monetary gift and the mentorship. “That was totally not anything like what I needed,” he told New York magazine.

Eventually, the now-35-year-old, more-seasoned designer launched his own designer fashion boutique, The Colony. McCarroll, however, has since said aufweirdersen to New York and moved to Philadelphia. Earlier this year, from the smaller city, he released a documentary entitled 11 Minutes (the average length of a runway show). McCarroll’s also said his farewells to fashion… sort of. “The day Sean Puffy Combs won menswear designer of the year was the day I gave up on fashion in New York,” he told The Daily Beast in February.

The skinny on McCarroll’s latest project, however, is no laughing matter. As a contestant on the seventh season of VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club, scheduled to air in January, it’s clear the former-ish fashion designer dropped some serious lbs thanks to a recent Philadelphia Weekly blog post. Fellow Runway alum Austin Scarlett is no longer the only one svelte enough to take the catwalk.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

The thinking rebel. I wonder if he will turn his sights to fashion criticism, though he remains a designer. I'm surprised only in that he moved to another large city (close to New York) so it seems as though, while out of the scene, he really isn't...but can distance himself.

Best of Luck, Jay with your fit attitude.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

"It's hard for every designer. Unless you’re Proenza Schouler and you’re cute and Anna Wintour happens to like you," and “The day Sean Puffy Combs won menswear designer of the year was the day I gave up on fashion in New York,” are so funny because they're so true!

FORT Fogey

Re: Daniel Franco - Season 2

Did anyone notice Daniel Franco auditioning for American Idol last Tuesday's show? (It was during the Adam Lambert montage where they were showing auditioners who were made up and coiffed like AL).

'Project Runway' designer Daniel Franco talks 'Idol': 'Musicians, they all have fashion lines. Well, why couldn't a fashion designer sing?'
    by Kate Ward

Oh, Daniel Franco, where did you go? To American Idol, it seems! If you were watching last night’s L.A. audition show, you might have caught the former Project Runway contestant on your TV screen. (Blink, though, and you might have missed him!) Yep, Franco was the guy featured in the Adam Lambert look-a-like montage who told judges: “If Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle had sex, which is pretty far-fetched, I’d be it, pretty much.”

So why did he decide to audition? “Anyone that knows me knows that I love singing,” he says. “I’ve been singing before I thought of becoming a fashion designer. You see, musicians, they all have fashion lines. Well, why couldn’t a fashion designer sing?”

Yet Franco says he didn’t use his reality TV show cred to get on the show — like the rest of the 11,000 auditioners, Franco stood in line for hours. (“I decided to be authentic about it,” he says.) As for the designer’s singing repertoire, Franco sang two songs: Bruce Springsteen’s “Thunder Road” and Cream’s “Sunshine of Your Love.”

Of course, there was one little problem: Franco is well over Idol’s age limit.”They said, ‘You sound great, but rules are rules,’” he says. “[But] I wanted to present my case that age doesn’t matter that much. Look at Michael Bublé, Susan Boyle, and Mick Jagger. People sometimes should have other opportunities, other chances to do things. And I’ve always been a renaissance man.”

Good thing he has a back-up plan: Franco — who says his musical sound is a mix of Prince, David Bowie, and the White Stripes — says he has another show in mind. “I found out that there’s X-Factor,” says Franco, who also plays the guitar. “There’s no age limit. So I’m going for that.”

For now, Franco spends his days at The Albertson Wedding Chapel in L.A., where he hosts designer weddings as the owner of Wednow.net. (“It’s a Vegas-style chapel here in L.A. that’s not cheesy,” he says. “There are beautiful designer flowers. I’ve got fashion photographers. The business is booming.”) Owning the business also inspired Franco to launch a line of wedding dresses. “I love the idea of promoting love and style and giving people these dreams that can come true,” he says.
    Link

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3811115;
    Jeez! Sounds like a sad attempt to restart his reality tv "career". So desperate :nono ......never liked him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast