+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Completely agree with the judges...for once. Helen's dress was stunning. Her client looked totally transformed.

I'm not surprised that Alexander did poorly after the confrontation. How could anyone concentrate after that? I nearly died laughing, though, when he spit out that line "I can be a drama queen, too." I actually turned to hubby and said, "It's about time somebody stood up to Ken! Let's get ready to rumble!" And yes, Alex was rude. However, it was only the rudeness of somebody who's had their last button pushed. It in no way, shape, or form compared to Ken's pattern of pathetic, childish outbursts. When he whinged about not wanting to share his room, I rolled my eyes. What's wrong? You think one of the others is going to give you cooties?

And anger management issues? Good heavens above, that man wasn't angry, he was mentally ill. Seriously. How in the world can somebody get so out of control over such petty issues? He talked about feeling so inferior to the others coming in to the show. He needs some serious therapy and/or meds.

I noticed that Tim Gunn was in no hurry to give Ken a hug and some tears. He almost pushed Ken out the door. And the spontaneous reactions of the designers when they learned that Alex was staying was priceless.
    CookieJ likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Going back to the hotel room...I would swear that I heard Alexander knocking on the door (twice) before he opened it, and Ken just ignored it.

And then Ken pulled a nutty on the staff.

He should have been sent home then.
    This is what bugs me with Tim's comments about Alexander's actions - because you're right.

Ken said that Alexander barged in, but he clearly knocked twice. They don't have TV's so that knock wasn't muted.

Ken's ironing SHORTS which aren't (usually) worn on the show (and definitely NOT that short on a guy - even Mondo's weren't THAT short, nor denim).

When Ken refused to allow Alexander in, and it was clear that Ken's shorts were ironed, I don't blame him for shoving it out of the way. Alexander was a bit of a turkey, but Ken was flat out melodramatic and over the top and playing the victim there.

Justin obviously had the cochlear implant off, which doesn't surprise me. He freely mentioned he turns it off or takes it off when it gets too melodramatic in the workroom. (And I can't say as I blame him - it really isn't an advantage, but who wants to deal with that drama. No wonder he had a top look).

Personally I think if Alexander was the one called to talk to "talent" he'd done it and cooled off.

And going nutty on production usually means you get ejected - I mean, that's why SANDRO got eliminated (besides leaving the filming area).

(Please note I am making this speculation only based on what I've seen on TV and just everywhere).

I wonder if Ken's race factored in here too - that "PR" was so scared to eject a black (and possibly gay) gentleman from the show because they were afraid people would denounce the show as being "Racist" and demand it be canceled for it so they just eliminate him during the runway instead?

Because every other show I know of that has had someone act like Ken did here - the case of REFUSING or being belligerent to production - was ejected regardless for their behavior, and right then and there. I'll give "Big Brother" this much - when Chima behaved in a similar way, they did eject her from the house and not wait for a vote.

And the fact that (I think) Tim said Alexander, Justin and Braden (?) would room together and Ken would have a room to himself the rest of the time he was there I cried out pandering to bad behavior. That irritated me too.

Will say I wasn't surprised they were the bottom two looks because the attitudes showed in the work. I think Alexander's work will improve with Ken being eliminated.

And somewhere in TV land, Jeremy is shaking his head going "I was eliminated over this guy?"
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-20-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    Duckyface, Dragonlady and Babbred like this.

Ken's Gone !! Ken's Gone !! Ken's Gone !! So incredibly insufferable. Get off my TV screen ....

Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Glad to see Ken finally gone. And he was a real ass in not opening the door for Braden and Alexander, and then not stepping aside for 10 seconds to allow them to pass.

But I wasn't okay with Alexander's behavior. I would have been pissed off too, but, IMO, it's going too far brushing a hot iron off the ironing board - it could have hurt some one, or it could have damaged the floor or furnishings.

I can see why they'd move Ken out for the safety of the other designers, but it seemed like it was rewarding him for his bad behavior. I was hoping that they moved him into some flea-bag hotel, or into one of those micro hotels (where the room is basically a box with a mattress - does New York even have one?). Anyway, Ken's departure was long overdue.
    Duckyface and Babbred like this.

Ding dong the witch is dead! Well, I totally agree that Ken should have been disqualified for that outburst (again!). But I think it was because the producers didn't want to destroy it for Ken's superfan that's why they still kept him in. It was good he was eliminated, it was close between him and Alexander. Any one of them could have gone home but for once who I thought the judges will pick to go home didn't. So it's a win. Both dresses were unfinished but Ken has been in the bottom many times that they picked Ken to go home.

Yea, I think they should have sent Ken to stay in the YMCA in NYC where people crap in the bathroom floor! Who the hell he thinks he is that he thinks his room is his? Very immature! He needs to grow up. I think it's very cheap of PR though that they will not let 2 people in each room. They cram 4 people in a room? Yikes! If Ken and Justin were made to move out and join Bradon and Alexander, do you think Ken would protest and want a room on his own? I thought they signed a contract regarding room arrangements amd he couldn't do anything about it. If he wants a room for himself, he could pay for it himself or just quit.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Yea, I think they should have sent Ken to stay in the YMCA in NYC where people crap in the bathroom floor! Who the hell he thinks he is that he thinks his room is his?
    Yes, this. A thousand times this

And Ken? FYI - the correct word is "reassurance" not "reINSURANCE"

I wanted Ken gone, but I sort of feel bad that it was in a challenge where he was really nice to his model. The dress wasn't great, but she was so happy with it. I think I'd feel differently if he'd been a complete jerk to his model, but he was actually really nice to her.

That sullen little stare he gives the judges during negative critiques is super creepy. He's one scary little person. I'd be watching my back on the way to the car that night.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Babbred like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I'm so happy that his "frabric" and attitude have been sent packing.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Trust Me!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm still struggling to understand why Alexander attempted to do a suit that he knew took 4 days to do properly in 2 days. He nearly went home because of this. I'm sure he could have chosen a more simple project that fit his clients' needs, plus it wouldn't have taken as long as a suit and he would have had time to finish it.

Cubsfan: I'm curious. If you didn't like Helen's outfit, which designers do you think should have been in the top three and who should have won?
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

I was very impressed that every designer welcomed the "regular" clients. Ken was a litte miffed but kept it from his client.

Had they not sent Sandro packing Ken might have been dismissed. I think programing had more to do with him staying than cutting him slack. Another episode with no elimination would not be good or entertaining (their opinion). I also think that Tim knew that the dress he was designing had a good chance of being the worst, so the chance of him going next was high.

I am surprised that Justin's client didn't come with Spanx.

My favorite was Brandon's dress and vest. Had the patent leather trim on the dress not looked cheap up close I think he would have won. She looked adorable. Her hair cut could have had more edge though. It was very conservative and too cute to be powerful.

I also loved Kate's creation and the total makeover. I wish they had all super fans on stage instead of sending the 2 safe to the back. Those women would have loved to be part of that experience!

Alexandria is off putting; I don't like her. She has the potential to look beautiful but does nothing. Stringy hair and no makeup works on younger women; she is too old to pull that off, especially on TV. I long for the days of Jay, Austin, Laura, Santino, Wendy, etc. Where did all the interesting personalities go?

I understand why Helen won. Against the others hers was impeccably sewn. Not as cool as Brandons but well done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast