+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm actually going with an Alex (either one), Dom, and Bradon F3 now.
    I agree - these would be a great final three. I'd be OK with Karen in the final three because she can at least design.

If Ken's in there I'm going to grouse a bit - he'd be as bad as the Patricia/Michelle elimination of last season.

When they were re-designing their looks and Ken decided to go shorter on his dress they showed a quick sketch. It was basically the same dress, but with a just-above-the-knee-length 'twirly' skirt. I was a little peeved because I thought "Dang- that's cute and now he won't go home!". It turns out his model went down the runway with a barely-there bottom half mini and a top that looked like she threw the remnants of the original skirt over her shoulder and glued it on. He even managed to make his model look chunky in the legs and butt- which we know she is probably 100lbs soaking wet. I thought the judges were going to crucify him in their critique, but nooooooo....let's keep him around or drama. Awesome. Not.

I'm sad that Jeremy left because I think he must've been the single nicest and most polite contestant on PR ever...and he wasn't hard to look at either! His husband is a lucky man!
    Kip and inthegarden like this.

Jeremy gone and Ken still around?

They are SOOOOOOOOO full of it!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I question why these shows pick such bad representatives of the gay male Alabama community. First Colton (from Survivor), now Ken.
    Shoepie likes this.

I pretty much agree with everyone. I was shocked Ken was saved. One thing no one mentioned....the judges didn't tell him but when they looked at the designs closer the one thing they mentioned (and I thought of) was the type of material Ken used. It was heavy and thick. If you live in the south then you know how humid the weather can get. I'm in KY which isn't true south but let me tell you that it gets awful hot with the humidty here. When it does I have no desire to wear thick material. I'd rather wear what Jeremy designed for the second time over any of what Ken designed. When he didn't use a different material I thought for sure he was a goner. But nope...I was so wrong. Sigh. I do not like Ken....at all. He is giving gays, Christians, and southerners a bad rep. But besides that he should have left a few episodes ago. I thought for sure he was gone last night.
    Kip, jadewarlock and inthegarden like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I question why these shows pick such bad representatives of the gay male Alabama community. First Colton (from Survivor), now Ken.
    For the drama purposes - they sadly show the stereotypical views of some folks toward gay men (flamboyant, willing to get in some horrible catfights - I say this over the other term as it's not polite, etc.)

And I despise that - I personally don't care about a person's personal life, but I don't like stereotyping folks. Jeremy, Braden and a few others are much MUCH classier examples of that society.

If Ken makes it to the final three... I am hoping All-Stars will have an outstanding and deserving winner. Rate they're going with these decisions, this show will be canned within three seasons I think.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Interesting phone call with his Mother...she first asks him how he is doing with his temper, then tells him that sometimes he goes into the bathroom one person and comes out another. He has a real problem and he is trying to work on it, but the pressure of this show isn't the place to do it.

Jeremy said at one point that he has no idea what the "modern" southern woman wears because he designs for the 80s woman. He chalked up leaving as a wonder he got that far and will be happy to see his children and have a drink that evening.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    For the drama purposes - they sadly show the stereotypical views of some folks toward gay men (flamboyant, willing to get in some horrible catfights - I say this over the other term as it's not polite, etc.)

And I despise that - I personally don't care about a person's personal life, but I don't like stereotyping folks. Jeremy, Braden and a few others are much MUCH classier examples of that society.
    It's not just gay people. It's drama-filled people in general. Look at Sandro, or even Wretchen/Hivy.

I posted this once in The Bachelor forum, but I think it bears repeating here. A while back ago I read an interview with a former reality TV producer. He said he got out of the business because he couldn't stand what they did. In order to recruit contestants, they would scrape the barrel and deliberately look for people who were vulnerable. People with an arrest record are great, because obviously they have poor impulse control. Former addicts are great, too, because they'll be vulnerable to stress. Anybody who has an issue or a button to push is what they want. I'm guessing that's why they picked Ken to be on this show. He clearly has some issues.

If Ken makes it to the final three... I am hoping All-Stars will have an outstanding and deserving winner. Rate they're going with these decisions, this show will be canned within three seasons I think.

Amen. I've been going back and forth for a while now about whether to stop watching this show. I firmly believe it has jumped the shark. With all the changes this season, I was hoping things would get better. Nope. They're still going for the lowest common denominator.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Redo looks from the bottom three designers:

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    It's not just gay people. It's drama-filled people in general. Look at Sandro, or even Wretchen/Hivy.

I posted this once in The Bachelor forum, but I think it bears repeating here. A while back ago I read an interview with a former reality TV producer. He said he got out of the business because he couldn't stand what they did. In order to recruit contestants, they would scrape the barrel and deliberately look for people who were vulnerable. People with an arrest record are great, because obviously they have poor impulse control. Former addicts are great, too, because they'll be vulnerable to stress. Anybody who has an issue or a button to push is what they want. I'm guessing that's why they picked Ken to be on this show. He clearly has some issues.
    Valid points indeed. I do agree with you on many levels here - it's just that, with the observation, it seems that when it's a homosexual person cast they tend to choose the worst traits of the person if they're susceptible to pressure, or frankly just about anything. Even the drag queens of RuPaul's Drag Race most of the time don't show these WORSE stereotypes (though they do show a bit more of the effeminate side). Even RuPaul when he's Paul doesn't show some of those traits.

I may be a bit harsh here, but as I said - I hate it when people appear stereotyped in these characters for a show. The casting issue is part of the problem but not all of it.

Regardless, Ken just can't handle pressure and being told he's: 1. wrong, 2. a failure, and 3. isn't the winner of a challenge when he's in the top two. He also has huge people issues in general. If he were to be kicked off the show... I would be hugely surprised he'd come back and apologize. He'd blame everyone for his ejection.

And looking at the redo's - the challenge was supposed to be a brunch/day wear outfit, and Ken's is NOT that in either form. Dom's first dress would've been if it were shorter and Jeremy's dresses in both cases would fit, one more older and one younger.

Also - Helen's daisy dress was nice and well made, but it was a bit safe. Plus, it reminds me a little bit of a grown up Jessica McClintock fashion with the lace over a dress. Will say however she is earning her stripes and deservedly so. She's grown a lot in her design.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast