+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

"Having a Field Day" - Heidi turns the workroom into her own personal sweatshop again as they design looks for another one of her clothing lines.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Seems to me the Garment Workers Union ought to set up a picket line outside of Parsons.
    ness likes this.

MK needs to be back as a full time judge. I missed his zingers!!!!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I don't know WHAT Michael's been up to . . .

And I LIKE Zac . . .

BUT MK NEEDS TO GET HIS BEHIND BACK IN THAT RUNWAY JUDGE'S CHAIR!!!!!
    dzigner likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    MK needs to be back as a full time judge. I missed his zingers!!!!
    Me, TOO, Bunny!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kate - I really like her outfit. I would wear this myself, although I don't like having my butt showing in pants that tight!!

Bradon - Another very nicely done outfit. Maybe not as much "fashion" as Kate's.

Alexandria - Her last drop crotch pants got a pass from me because they looked like a skirt and leggings. These do not. They do NOT look good.

Helen - I don't like it. The green looks "snakey". The jacket looks cheap.

Dom - Cute!! I really like the bottom of her pants. The cuff is nice and close to the ankle. The jacket is interesting, and the back of the top underneath is cute as well.

Justin - Nice other than the shorts being too short.

Ken - BORING. He was talking about covering up a woman's butt, but how is he accomplishing that with a top that is every bit as tight as the pants?

Jeremy - Okay, but also fairly boring.

Karen - Meh. It shows that she didn't have enough time.

Alexander - Very well made, but not as interesting as some of the others.

I was surprised Dom wasn't in the top.

Top: Kate, Alexander (split?), Helen
    Bottom: Karen, Ken, Alexandria (split?)

I'm glad they pointed out that no one wants to run or do yoga in Alexandria's pants!!! "Pleasure-me pockets"!
    I almost felt bad for Alexandria when the judges were laughing.

I can't believe they like Helen's jacket. IMO, there is nothing exceptional about it. I thought Dom's look was MILES above this one!

Winner: Helen (BOOOOOOO - I really didn't think this was anything special)
    Out: Karen (Boo again - I would rather have seen Ken and his ugly attitude leaving)
    dzigner likes this.

Few points...

1. I liked Karen's pants - they were sporty and cute. The top hurt her though, but honestly... she should've been safe.

2. Sorry, but KEN should've been eliminated because he made something ALREADY ON THE MARKET on top of being unflattering. ONLY on this point - I wish that Michael mocked him like he did Alexandria and seen his reaction. Then again - it'd been nice to see if someone could snark Michael in his place.

3. I liked Dom, Alexander's and Karen's looks, as well as the pants that had the swirls going up the legs.

4. Sorry, but Helen shouldn't win for one piece of an outfit. Her pants and top were BORING and not as well made.

5. Justin's was actually cool but yes, a bit too short on the shorts. At least he admits he erred there.

6. Nina is right on Alexandria's pants not being fashion forward nor usable for exercise (and that is a selling point), but she did NOT deserve to be mocked at the level that Michael Kors did.

7. Seeing Michael there makes me glad that we have Zac Posen. Nina does irritate me at times but she is not overly harsh unless warranted. Michael is ugly and rude to be ugly and rude. Listen I know it's fashion but Kors' reactions have affected his chances of me even buying one of his purses in an outlet store because I won't support this attitude.

8. Jeremy ... well, I liked his outfit but the top seemed a little too loose. The pants at least were a different color, because if he had done them in black, with the piping he'd had the Ken syndrome as I've seen that design in stores.

Finally...

9. IN spite of all these quibbles - and save Alexandria's shorts - ALL the designers actually designed some pretty decent athletic wear that actually looks like athletic wear. Too many designers have had problems with this challenge.
    Duckyface and ladygreco like this.

Aside from the dreadful look of Alex's pants, the functionality is so off. Some of us are not stick thin and trying to exercise in drop-crotch pants would give me some serious thigh chafing. Sorry, just trying to keep it real, folks... I'm really surprised Heidi liked them considering she generally likes clothes fitted or one size too small. ;-)

All the others were pretty decent. I thought if Karen had constructed her outfit a little better it would have been good. It was a nice change from all the skin-tight leggings with piping, which tended to all look pretty similar after the first few walked the runway.

Ken totally needs to go- so sick of him and his diva-ness. As my Mom used to say, "Who died and left you in charge?". What a PITA.
    wannasee likes this.

Ken - I think his church and people who know him when they see how he behaves on this TV show will backlash on him. That you should not judge people comment of his was his attempt at damage control? I do appreciate his apology though, because I never got one from two of my co-workers who went psycho on me recently.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

They switched the models up this week! I noticed while getting the pictures ready that Alexandria had Bradon's model, it looks like Ken has Alexander's model. I haven't examined them all yet. I don't remember them saying anything on the show last night about changing models but I wasn't paying the most attention. I was busy playing Family Farm on Facebook while the show was on and taking pictures of my kitty cat.

I usually try to get off the computer when my shows come on but sometimes I have stuff I want to do at the same time so I multitask.

I *heart* Michael Kors and I'm glad he got onto Heidi about her love of those god-awful poopy pants. I don't understand why she likes that look so much. It's terribly unflattering and I would think it would be hard to workout with your drawers dropping!
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast