+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    MK needs to be back as a full time judge. I missed his zingers!!!!

He seems to be one of those "you love him or you hate him" persons. I'm very outspoken, so personally, I love him. I LOL at his comments tonight. Those horrible pants of Alex's deserved every bit of ridicule they got. And I'll even go one step further than Kors. Last week Alex said that she loved these pants because "they are very popular in my country". Seriously? There's an entire country filled with people walking around dressed like this? Call me a nasty American, but just the thought makes me laugh. If you went there it would be like wandering on to the the set of a Charlie Chaplin movie. Heidi must have been smoking something to say that she loved them.

And I'm sorry, but MK was only saying what I was thinking about Karen's outfit. It looks like one of those ugly tracksuit outfits that celebrities don when they're trying to avoid the paparazzi. Or the baggy tracksuit outfit that I throw on when I just want to schlub around and don't care about my appearance. And since I stuffed a few cookies in my pockets back in my college days, I thought MK's comment was hilarious. Whatever you think of the humor, his critique was spot on. There is no way in heck that somebody in Heidi's target audience would be caught dead in something like that.

As soon as I saw Dom's outfit, I thought, "Tron!" In addition to Bradon, I would also throw in Kate's outfit to that category. From a geek like me, that's a compliment.
    ness, Little Sew&Sew and jucamer like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    As soon as I saw Dom's outfit, I thought, "Tron!"

That's it! When the model walked out, I said to my daughter that she looked like she was the real life person who does the movements for a video game. I could just imagine turning out the light to find out the red trim had those glow-in-the-dark properties!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

He seems to be one of those "you love him or you hate him" persons. I'm very outspoken, so personally, I love him. I LOL at his comments tonight. Those horrible pants of Alex's deserved every bit of ridicule they got. And I'll even go one step further than Kors. Last week Alex said that she loved these pants because "they are very popular in my country". Seriously? There's an entire country filled with people walking around dressed like this? Call me a nasty American, but just the thought makes me laugh. If you went there it would be like wandering on to the the set of a Charlie Chaplin movie. Heidi must have been smoking something to say that she loved them.

And I'm sorry, but MK was only saying what I was thinking about Karen's outfit. It looks like one of those ugly tracksuit outfits that celebrities don when they're trying to avoid the paparazzi. Or the baggy tracksuit outfit that I throw on when I just want to schlub around and don't care about my appearance. And since I stuffed a few cookies in my pockets back in my college days, I thought MK's comment was hilarious. Whatever you think of the humor, his critique was spot on. There is no way in heck that somebody in Heidi's target audience would be caught dead in something like that.

As soon as I saw Dom's outfit, I thought, "Tron!" In addition to Bradon, I would also throw in Kate's outfit to that category. From a geek like me, that's a compliment.
    I'm outspoken too, but MK I think crosses the line with his comments. He gets that look on his face, and you know that he is going to unload on the poor contestant. Then he laughs to make it worse. I don't get the point as to how this is helpful to the contestants, that's all.
    Duckyface and mushybrain like this.

He seems to be one of those "you love him or you hate him" persons. I'm very outspoken, so personally, I love him. I LOL at his comments tonight.
    Babbred, I love snark as much as the next person, but I feel MK crossed the line from being snarky to just being a jerk. It has nothing to do with him being outspoken, and everything to do with him thinking he is clever and amusing. He clearly cracks himself up.

And I'm sorry, but MK was only saying what I was thinking about Karen's outfit. It looks like one of those ugly tracksuit outfits that celebrities don when they're trying to avoid the paparazzi. Or the baggy tracksuit outfit that I throw on when I just want to schlub around and don't care about my appearance. And since I stuffed a few cookies in my pockets back in my college days, I thought MK's comment was hilarious. Whatever you think of the humor, his critique was spot on.
    MK criticizing the look of the outfit would have been fine had he not descended into juvenile mockery of a category of people who must live with constant ridicule. He didn't mock "celebrities" (who come in every size, shape, color and gender and are almost universally revered) in his critique. He went for the easy laugh. "Fat" people are those whom our society feels can still be demeaned with impunity. Maybe it's because we view that group as lazy or slovenly or able to "fix" themselves if they so desired and just made an effort to do so. I find that ridicule just as offensive as if MK had demeaned any other particular group. What if he had said that Karen's outfit looked like something that would be worn by (and PLEASE forgive me, all, for using derogatory terms I find difficult to type): a "cripple going to get a cookie" or a "midget going to get a cookie" or a "retard going to get a cookie" or a "insert racial/ethnic slur going to get a cookie"? Doesn't sound quite so funny anymore, does it?

I just wish we could move past the small-minded concept that another person's worth is determined by how he or she looks.
    Florimel and Duckyface like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Babbred, I love snark as much as the next person, but I feel MK crossed the line from being snarky to just being a jerk. It has nothing to do with him being outspoken, and everything to do with him thinking he is clever and amusing. He clearly cracks himself up.

MK criticizing the look of the outfit would have been fine had he not descended into juvenile mockery of a category of people who must live with constant ridicule. He didn't mock "celebrities" (who come in every size, shape, color and gender and are almost universally revered) in his critique. He went for the easy laugh. "Fat" people are those whom our society feels can still be demeaned with impunity. Maybe it's because we view that group as lazy or slovenly or able to "fix" themselves if they so desired and just made an effort to do so. I find that ridicule just as offensive as if MK had demeaned any other particular group. What if he had said that Karen's outfit looked like something that would be worn by (and PLEASE forgive me, all, for using derogatory terms I find difficult to type): a "cripple going to get a cookie" or a "midget going to get a cookie" or a "retard going to get a cookie" or a "insert racial/ethnic slur going to get a cookie"? Doesn't sound quite so funny anymore, does it?

I just wish we could move past the small-minded concept that another person's worth is determined by how he or she looks.

Fat Chicks want to look good too as well as seniors. My pet peeve is that horrible fabric choices the fashion industry puts out for plus size clothing and for the more mature female. No one wants to wear it but sometimes you have no choice.

As for active wear at least Target and Walmart carry brands of active wear that are larger then size 4 or 6. Larger people do workout. Nike and Lululemon are big offenders in highly priced and super small active wear market. And I'm sorry but Michael Kors is no skinny spring chicken.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am very sorry if I caused hurt feelings. I'm about 50 pounds overweight myself, but after years of dieting, I've made peace with it. I freely admit that my weight comes from eating too many cookies , so I spoke in ignorance above.

I can't believe I didn't talk about Ken and Helen. I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised by now that Ken acted like a complete child. However, I love what somebody here pointed out earlier: do these people not realize that they are auditioning for a job? I've read interviews with former reality show contestants and they said that after a while, you forget the cameras are there. Obviously that's true, because how else would you explain behavior like Ken's?

I didn't like how Helen ran and tattled on him, however. I mean, he wasn't approaching her table with a pair of shears. I would have just completely ignored him. If another designer tried to raise the subject, I would have said something like, "I'm sorry, I don't want to discuss it. I save my words for the runway and saying thanks."

I didn't agree with Helen's win--again! But I will say that once again it was nice to see Ken glowering while Helen smiled.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I am very sorry if I caused hurt feelings. I'm about 50 pounds overweight myself, but after years of dieting, I've made peace with it. I freely admit that my weight comes from eating too many cookies , so I spoke in ignorance above.

Babbred, I'm not sure how you could've hurt anyone's feelings, but you don't need to apologize. Not one bit.
    You voiced your opinion. That's something we ALL get to do here on FORT, and usually gets done quite well.

It's all good.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Babbred - You didn't cause hurt feelings. As cubsfan55 said, everyone is just voicing their personal opinions here. Sometimes people agree, and sometimes they don't. No need to apologize at all for expressing how you feel. The best part about FORT is that when people disagree, it is almost always in a respectful manner.
    ness and beerbelly like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Once again Helen wins. Her outfit was not that great, and I felt Kate's was much better and more finished looking. What was so great about that jacket she made? The overall effect to me was sloppy and the jacket thing didn't look good with the rest of it. I thought those judges were gushing way too much over her outfit. On the other hand, Kate's looked very finished and well-made and her color choices looked good. Helen likes to use mostly black, and I love black, but hers bore me.

Honestly maybe I'm just getting old but I sort of liked Karen's outfit. Maybe it was baggy, but does every outfit have to show off the body and cling to it? It looked soft and comfy to me, and I would wear it. Yes in public. The rest of the outfits looked way too much alike and hers was different. I will say Ken's was the worst, and yet he stayed.

I grow tired of these judges.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Babbred - You didn't cause hurt feelings. As cubsfan55 said, everyone is just voicing their personal opinions here. Sometimes people agree, and sometimes they don't. No need to apologize at all for expressing how you feel. The best part about FORT is that when people disagree, it is almost always in a respectful manner.
    This is what I like about this site, I just wish my co-workers would do the same we would all get along better.
    TripleGemini and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123