+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/5 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Kors came off as pretty low class with his comment about Karen's outfit being good if you're a fat chick eating a cookie (paraphrasing here). He really does fancy himself something special, doesn't he? News bulletin, Mr. Kors. Even though you ain't no skinny Minnie yourself, fella, you showed yourself to be very small indeed.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Kors came off as pretty low class with his comment about Karen's outfit being good if you're a fat chick eating a cookie (paraphrasing here). He really does fancy himself something special, doesn't he? News bulletin, Mr. Kors. Even though you ain't no skinny Minnie yourself, fella, you showed yourself to be very small indeed.
    I completely agree with this. When they have challenges where the designers have to create clothes for "real women" the judges will rip into the designers who are too snotty to deal with models who aren't a size zero. Then Kors goes and says something like this!?
    ladygreco likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Thanks, I love to see these pix posted every week.

What I do find a bit interesting is that the second time (the first that retro-Gatsby dress she made) Karen makes something I do like... she's eliminated. They both were loose true but at least they did give the model some shape.

(and I'll admit I kinda liked her draped dress that Justin had the initial elimination on... but she should've been eliminated over him for making a basic dress).

I kinda liked Karen's pants. I liked that she did a different shape instead of tight leggings everyone else did. I know that sometimes I like a big slouchy coverup after or before a workout and none of the designers did that.

I wish Tim still did his vlog on Facebook as he truly did add details of why certain designs were like and others not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wish Tim still did his vlog on Facebook as he truly did add details of why certain designs were like and others not.
    ME TOO!! I loved the additional insight we got from his vlog!

Don't know why Alexandria did the same poopy pants as she did before. It served no functionality except perhaps help if you poop yourself or if a guy have really low hangers or elephantiasis of the nasty bits! Maybe she's ran out of ideas but it was Heidi's fault for telling her to go on with it.

Ken and Karen were the right bottom two. Ken's was boring and lack creativity. Karen just makes shapeless silhouettes so i knew this challenge will be her demise as sure enough she made gym workout pajamas. Construction was bad also.

I disagree with the winner. And i think the audience too. Helen's look is not the best overall. Nothing on Kate's design that they dislike so I think she should have won.

I think every winner should have an extra hour as a prize for the next challenge.

"7. Seeing Michael there makes me glad that we have Zac Posen. Nina does irritate me at times but she is not overly harsh unless warranted. Michael is ugly and rude to be ugly and rude. Listen I know it's fashion but Kors' reactions have affected his chances of me even buying one of his purses in an outlet store because I won't support this attitude."

Thank you, Jadewarlock, for saying what I am thinking. Zac Posen gives useful critique to the contestants. Michael Kors is just plain MEAN and so full of himself! For this reason alone, I would never buy anything with his name on it. Zac Posen is class, Michael Kors is crass!!!

You're right - Zac does, and he's mostly constructive criticism. He points out something he likes even if the outfit is hideous. If there is no redeeming quality with it - say if he had been there when Casanova did that first dress (kinda like Karen's yellow top last week but a much lower skirt), he won't be crass about it. It's more "I don't like this/that's not fashion" and give a reason why.

Nina if she'd lean more toward Zac and less toward Kors with the acerbic comments, I think she'd do better in her critiques.

Heidi I've given up on long time ago... she will like stuff I don't and the reverse. The one smart thing she's done this season is have Tim at the judging to give insight. I do LIKE her as a host, but her sense of fashion for her age needs work.

One other note - I just realized this while looking through the pics - Dom's and Brandon's outfits lined up as they are remind me of some of the "Tron: Legacy" costumes in their line work. That may sound odd, especially given that the colors aren't in line with the movie's costumes, but it's actually striking with how well they did the lines and patterns there.
    Florimel and ladygreco like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast