+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I missed the beginning of tonight's show, and I'm missing most of the end, too, since I'm watching football, but...
    Apparently I'm not the only one seeing as that we're 45 minutes into it and there's no thread started!

It's Shoes First!.
    Have fun.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

It just occurred to me while watching the show tonight that even though they say the runway is anonymous this year, the designers always use the same models so the judges know who did what based on who the model is.

I don't understand the thing about women and shoes. I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't care about shoes. I find it rather annoying when people say that all women just love shoes. I like shoes ok and they protect my feet but I don't squeal over cute shoes or have a closet full of shoes in every type and color. Blah! Actually, I'm not real big on accessories of any kind.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

OK, I am a bit confused, The Scared TV Guide said that there would be a shocking elimination. What is so shocking about Miranda going home?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, I guess it was shocking that the judges finally realized Miranda is a bad designer.

As usual, I totally disagreed with the judges' choices. I thought Helen's outfit looked like a vulture. I hated it, with or without the cape, but especially with the cape.

I'm glad Alexandria didn't win because once again I thought it was a messy look. I liked Alexandria enough to make her one of my lead designers in the pool but the last few weeks, she's departed down a line I'm not liking at all. Strangely, the judges can't get enough of it.

I don't know what's up with Brandon. He seems to have burned out early, much like Benjamin on a different season. I hope he gets his head back in the game.

This week, I really didn't like Dom's look either. It looked cartoonish to me, like something Supergirl would wear to the gym to workout in-between catching bad guys.
    Duckyface, wannasee and Photobabe like this.
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

Wow, Ken's really got some issues, doesn't he? (Which seem to come to a head next week, when Tim pulls him aside for a chat.)
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

So who did win? I may not be able to stay awake long enough to see it. I got up at 4:30 AM today and need to get up early tomorrow

Helen won, Miranda was out.

I will say that once again I don't know what these judges were breathing in, because Helen's dress was VERY basic and as mentioned looked like a vulture. It made the model look older I think too.

Jeremy's outfit did NOT read "Pretty Woman" to me. And I RESENT Nina saying that he was inspired by that movie when he said he wasn't - she called him a liar.

Then they go he should've made pants for the boots instead - Um... those are NOT shoes that you put over pants, so you'd be yelling at him for covering the pants (and I say this as someone who is NOT fashion forward on shoes - I have no need for dressy shoes like that). The outfit actually DID match those boots, though the skirt could've been a smidge longer.

I think they're trying to find a boloney excuse to get rid of him with the "he's top look/he's bottom look" comments, implying they have someone already picked this early in the season.

I do agree with Ken that Helen shouldn't have won; however, I think Alexandria's dress was better than his on the fashion forwardness. His bordered more on "Pretty Woman" than Jeremy's did.

Yes, I liked Alexandria's dress - hated the shoes. They did match well though.

I personally liked Dom's dress, and it matched the shoes well. I do think however today it was a safer look.

Justin's was nice and he showed he deserved a second chance. I do think the cups on the bustier were a smidge flat, but it wasn't too bad.

Braden's dress... it wasn't that great but he has been in a top look.

I will say that I thought Miranda's outfit was not bad though it was Christmas-like. I will say in this challenge she probably should've beaten Braden. She did at least IMHO go out making a good look. (I thought her plaid pants were better made myself).

Karen's dress would've been better WITHOUT the big shapeless coat. She actually had a decent enough dress - though the way she did the top it may have bordered on the line of Casanova's first challenge dress (meaning the top was just covering her chest in the front.

Kate's dress was pretty but I have to admit I've forgotten what it looked like.

Not a bad episode or a challenge, but the judges REALLY need to either mix up the models so it truly is a blind judging and more importantly, get up and take a walk before they go back into judging and looking at the models. There HAS to be something in the air for them to make some of the comments they have.

Why don't you tweet Tim Gunn or Heidi Klum and tell them that it's not really anonymous judging because they pretty much know which designer has which model.

Whew, glad I'm not alone. I just figure I'm not very fashionable but yeah...I didn't like Helen's dress at all. Didn't think Miranda's was all that bad - the pants were nice, as someone else said. Honestly, I thought Justin's look was not very good, esp. for being given a 2nd chance. Dom also...not so sure those two should have been safe. Ken's was ok but they kept throwing, "dated" around, and that's how I found his dress.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast