+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 8/22 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 8/22 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I think a case could be made for any of the bottom three going home. I wanted it to be Ken just because of his attitude. I thought it would be Karen because her dress was shapeless. Justin's was ugly - but at least you could see the design work there.

When Tim saved Justin, I thought it was a save from the heart. I, too, think Justin is a sweetie and think Karen was the one who should have been eliminated. But, I don't see Justin as ending up in the top 5. If I were Tim, I would have kept the save for later, when the judges foolishly eliminate someone who does have a chance to make it to the end..
    beerbelly likes this.

Count me in with quite a few of the rest of you . . .

IMHO, Karen's absolutely TANKED. In addition to Kate's preggo fairy (THANKS, JEREMY?!), frankly, Karen's ALSO looked to me like her model was an escapee from Mommies-to-Be 'R Us, or something. OR a combo bondage/curtain store, maybe.

Hell, I can't even SEW, and I could've made THAT!

I was hoping Miranda, Helen, or Ken would've been out the door, but, alas, all three of 'em obviously got touched by angels and received Celestial Saves this week.

But their day is still coming, I think!

Yep, I also agree that the judges were either smoking or drinking something interesting prior to that runway show. How else to explain their selection of Alexandria as the winner of that challenge?

No words can adequately describe how I feel about Tim saving Justin. To echo inthegarden: If Tim ever goes, I'M permanently gone, too!

After looking at the pics, I like Dom's even more, and agree that Jeremy got screwed, this week. WTG to Jeremy for coming back strong after Grams' demise, though!

And as for Nina's description of Justin's dress . . .

That was NOT necessary, and Nina DEFINITELY didn't need to go THERE.

IMHO, she needs to STOP trying to out-Kors Michael Kors. Michael --- and even Heidi, on occasion --- outshone her for years in their rapier-like descriptions on the contestants' offerings. But Michael was the undisputed KING of the no-holds-barred putdowns.

And Zac is certainly proving himself to be a MORE than worthy successor to the MK, "Tell-It-Like-It-IS!" throne!

Nina should be content to keep working her lower-key (but no less important) role of PR Senior Stateswoman and leave the "Say WHAAAT?!" fashion commentary to others.

But, OTOH, Jeremy SHOULD have won this week, too.

Oh, well.

JMHO.
    pikachu and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

I loved this episode for the positive emotion shown this week. Most PR episodes end with snide comments being made by one or more of the designers. I loved that this episode ended with Tim's save. It does speak volumes for the kind of person Justin is that everyone was so broken up about him being sent home. We don't get to see the love on PR, so it was a much appreciated departure from the norm. Kudos to Tim Gunn for the using the save on someone so deserving.

I agree with so many of the previous comments. I loved Jeremy's love letter dress, it was as classic and timeless as a love letter. Probably my favorite dress, I felt like it should have won. Alexandria's poopy pants did not wow me, but the jacket was what was lacking for me. The odd cutout in the back seemed a little out of place and I thought the material looked flimsy and cheap. Zac Posen is just too over the top for me...when he said "CHAAHHMBRAY" my eyes involuntarily rolled. Even though I agree that Kate's dress looked like a pregnant fairy, I'd still wear it. The white tulle was adorable but adding the black patent top kept it from being too sweet. Didn't get the hype about Alexander's tree dress, either.

Would wear: Kate's dress, Jeremy's dress, Dom's dress
    Too ugly to donate: Ken's dress, Karen's dress, Bradon's dress

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I think a case could be made for any of the bottom three going home. I wanted it to be Ken just because of his attitude. I thought it would be Karen because her dress was shapeless. Justin's was ugly - but at least you could see the design work there.

When Tim saved Justin, I thought it was a save from the heart. I, too, think Justin is a sweetie and think Karen was the one who should have been eliminated. But, I don't see Justin as ending up in the top 5. If I were Tim, I would have kept the save for later, when the judges foolishly eliminate someone who does have a chance to make it to the end..
    The judges obviously made a mistake according to Tim. Like last year when they keep saving Patricia. Karen's shapeless dresses reminded me of Patricia's however, when Patricia ended up in the bottom 2, she was saved everytime because at least she took some risks and based on the judges' decisions, it seemed like they rewarded risk-taking over safe boring creations. I thought that will carry over this season as we witnessed in the first elimination when they got rid of Angela over Timothy (or Sandro). 82% of the viewers disagreed with that decision, btw.

This is what Angela said in her exit interview:

If anything, I thought Timothy definitely should have gone, and I thought it was between the two of us. But then I realized that they were never going to let the sustainability guy go on the first challenge, because that would send such a mixed message to fashionistas everywhere. But, I thought it definitely should have been Timothy. I think that his sustainability is a great idea, but I think he has poor taste, and that that ultimately should have been what sent him home.

And then when they kept Karen over Justin, I was really surprised. When Tim said the judges made a mistake, he actually meant that Karen should have been the one eliminated. That being said, I think they should eliminate this save thing (or at least give a disadvantage to the saved contestant on the next challenge). Tim's role should only break the tie when the 4 judges are locked in a stalemate.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-24-2013 at 12:46 AM.

I do know that the designers are asked pointed questions by the production assistants to give snide, snarky comments about other designers, the trouble is none of this season do it well. Jay Carroll winner of season 1 did snark well as did Christian Siriano but Alexandria sounded plain mean in hers and I notice we don't see a lot of hers now. Jeremy is also mean and Ken is just plain nasty and spiteful and hateful.
    Babbred and short_lived like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hated Helen's gown.

Kate's was fun like a big old dandelion fluff..the harness was interesting.

Liked Alexandria's poopy pants but they worked in that fabric..as for the denim jacket..the muslin looked sloppy and poorly fitted and do did the denim jacket.

Ken..what was that lump on her chest?

Justin's was just awful.

Jeremy really was not all that. He is more quinine outside of confessionals.

Does anyone think that perhaps Kate is being groomed to be this season's winner? Her previous experience is still really helping her in her time management and what she is creating is quite good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I disagree on Jeremy being a bit quinine. He has said negatives on designs but seeing then myself I have to say they've been spot on. He also is positive as we'll as the critique, more constructive than most.

The only real ascerbic one I see is Ken.

I think he could push the envelope more... But that is it. He does however.have a better understanding of editing than most... That dress almost had primary colors on it.
    Duckyface likes this.

Who is John Galt?

Too bad nasty little man, Ken, didn't go home. Can't stand him. I don't think the strange, ugly outfit should have won and it should have been Jeremy or the guy with the bright red hair (can't remember name). But, I am only happy the ugly outfit won because the designer could give Ken the raspberry.

FORT Fogey

I'm enjoying the season so far. I think the Tim Gunn save is a good addition. He has the back story and can keep people with potential. Although, I think both the designers up for elimination this week are awful in general. They can go home any day now and I wouldn't be sad.

The top 6 designers I like are

Alexandria
    Helen
    Jeremy
    Kate
    Bradon
    Dom

I think Alexandria and Helen are very good but may not have the wherewithal to put out good work consistently. Their nerves get the better of them. Jeremy does trend towards more traditional, less "new", even though his work is gorgeous. For these reasons, I'm not certain these 3 will go the distance.

My prediction is that the final 3 will be Kate, Bradon, and Dom. Kate has a huge advantage given this is her 2nd time on the show.

I loved the work of last season's contestant who incorporated textiles. I recall the judges saying that her work was not necessarily fashion ... it weighed too heavily on textiles. I think Bradon uses textiles very well and in the more subtle way the judges are looking for.

I am thankful Project Runway has some good designers this season. Maybe the improved prize package helped pull people in.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.

I thought the love letter dress was outstanding and it should have won....hands down.

Didn't like the poopy pants. Cannot believe that design actually came in number one. Huh?
    Little Sew&Sew and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast