+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

"YOU Chooose Your Materials!" – Team challenge - making a mini-collections from materials scavenged from retail stores.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

The winning and losing teams show what can happen when you listen to Tim's suggestions and are encouraged by them to excel better versus paying no attention to details and letting drama rule.

Karen, Kate and Jeremy's outfits were stunning. Karen FINALLY did something that didn't look like it had no shape. Jeremy's really was stunning with placemats (obviously not fabric) but I will admit I liked the one with the blocks and coconut (!) on it a smidge more. That said - both had to be very close for the win. Kate's was nice and for her risk taking but it was *just* under the "hoochie" look.

Sue, Alexandra and Ken.... six words:

Should have been a double elimination.

Sue should've immediately been eliminated for not having her model dressed when she left the workroom. Period, end of discussion.

Ken showed ALL the negative sides of the stereotypical gay male with that really witchy behavior.* Justified or not, you do not tell someone to shut up among other things he did.

*(Please note - I do not care if someone is gay, straight, bi, transgender, etc. - it's the heart that matters to me. I think a lot of the men this season who are gay have shown a nice side - Jeremy the best example of being polite, even when critical of himself or others. He makes an honest assessment. Braden/Brandon the same way. That said... in the case of Ken tonight, he really showed the stereotypical side and that was a huge shame).

I think next week may be the week we see Tim use the save though. I would predict we will see one of the stronger designers have a really bad week (i.e. Karen or Dom) and he feel that their overall skills and ranking should allow them a second chance. Jeremy *should* be safe and have immunity, but they didn't specify he had it.

I really wish it had been a double elimination week and Ken had gone with Sue.

To me Ken is as bad or worse then Sandro. At least with Sandro you see it coming but Ken is much more lethal.

Does Ken like anything? He doesn't like non conventional challenges, he doesn't like his teammates, he doesn't like going outdoors. Every time they mention something he doesn't like it. OK...I don't like Ken.

I am on Tim's side in his critique of the teams, when he asked the designers if they had ever watched the show and don't they understand what an unconventional challenge is? I do wish more of the designers has used more of the food products but I think the limit of one day put a damper on that idea. I would have luv'ed to have seen a dress made of red peppers.
    Florimel, mandmmom2 and Photobabe like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I couldn't believe they didn't send Ken home after making the comment about how the dress was made. I really thought that fabric-like material held together with duct tape was a goner.

(And yes, Sue sent her model out of the workroom in store clothes, but still...he is a jerk.)
    mandmmom2 and Photobabe like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I disagreed with Jeremy's win. To me, the cups of the dress were way too small and it made the overall look of the dress seem off. I couldn't stand to look at it.

My favorite dress was Kate's.

Karen still made her dress too wide around the middle. She's terrible at tailoring clothes to fit right.

Justin's lucky his team squeaked through because he probably would have gone home if his team had been in the bottom. His model looked like she was wearing a clown suit.

The bottom team really was the worst of the worst. The models paradoxically looked like they were from the future and from the stone age.

I agree that it should have been a double elimination, with Sue and Ken getting the boot. His attitude was inexcusable and finishing his dress with duct tape was definitely a fashion crime.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-16-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Duckyface and Photobabe like this.

Y'know, I find it SOOOOOOOOOOO ironic that Ken was laying SANDRO in the aisle LAST week for being "Out of ORDER!" (not that Sandro didn't exactly have it COMING!) . . .

THEN, THIS WEEK, he, HIMSELF, takes the words ""Out of ORDER!" to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!

Pot?

Meet Kettle!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When he looked at Alexandra and said, "Don't talk to me right now. In fact, I don't even need you to look at me," my thought was . . . Oh, I would be staring him right in the eyes right about then.

Really? Don't look at me? What is he . . . 10 years old?
    Little Sew&Sew and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I disagreed with Jeremy's win. To me, the cups of the dress were way too small and it made the overall look of the dress seem off. I couldn't stand to look at it.
    I can see your point - I am guessing however the way he and other designers were taught is that you make the cups to where they cover the person's breast but still show cleavage. Unfortunately, most of these girls are barely a's - if that, which would affect the shape.

Karen still made her dress too wide around the middle. She's terrible at tailoring clothes to fit right.
    I agree here too on second look - that said it wasn't nearly as bad as other times and - if I've got the right dress - the cut-in style triangles gave it an illusion of fitting better.

You are right she does need to work on fit, but at least this time she did better.

Justin's lucky his team squeaked through because he probably would have gone home if his team had been in the bottom. His model looked like she was wearing a clown suit.
    Sadly you are right - I think he's letting the competition get to him right now and that's not good.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week’s episode:

Team Alexander – Bradon – Miranda

Team Alexandria – Ken – Sue

Team Dom – Helen – Justin

Team Jeremy – Karen – Kate

I only saw the runway part of the show last night so I don't know who the guest was but her comment on clavicle being the new bust line, ummm seeing clavicle means you might be a tad underweight. This is coming from a 102 pound lady but you don't see my clavicle.

Ken over-the-top rude...wish I didn't pick him for my team based on that preformance. Sue really can't sew??? What did I miss???
    Is it only me but is this going to be a season of unconventional challanges?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast