+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I found it ironic that a 40-year-old woman showing a LOT of cleavage commented that the white dress made the model's non-existent cleavage look amazing.

IMO, Heidi is not an objective judge of cleavage matters. I thought she looked tacky in her dress, and I agree with those who thought the winning dress wasn't all that great.

I was honestly surprised that Alexander/Bradon/Miranda wasn't the winning team. I thought their dresses were stunning. They were certainly better than the winning dresses.

Alexandria's dress wasn't great, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some others I've seen on this show. I really felt sorry her. She was right. Whom should she have thrown under the bus? The designer with the bad sewing skills or the jerk who bullied them and acted like a preschooler? What a dilemma.

Ken's dress wasn't bad from the front. From the back, though, she looked like a dominatrix. Regardless of the dress, he should have been eliminated for his behavior. I was so glad that Tim spoke up about that.

I also felt a bit sorry for Sue. Again, her dress wasn't the greatest but it wasn't all that terrible, especially if she had taken off that crumpled cling wrap from the front. Remember, the guest judge pointed out that she liked the back. And Sue has managed to complete dresses in the other challenges. Even if you're a great sewer, who could work with a bully? And poor Sue had to do this twice, first with Sandro and then with Ken. I'm amazed she's not in therapy.

At the very least, this should have been a double elimination. Gads, I had just said last week that I was enjoying this season because it had no villain. Way to go, Ken, for ruining it. I hope you get eliminated before Miranda and Helen.

Speaking of which, though, Helen's dress looked like a giant spitwad. Justin's outfit looked like wrapping paper after you've torn it off the gift. If their group had been in the bottom, then it would have been a fight between those two. Dom's dress was the only decent outfit in this group, so no chance of her going home.

Jeremy's dress was lovely. At first I was distracted by the cleavage, too. As somebody pointed out, though, these models are size 0-2. They have no cleavage. I'm guessing he had to make the cups that small. You see the same effect in Kate's dress. I don't think the top of hers looks sexy at all since there's nothing but a washboard underneath.

Looking at the pic, I can see where Karen's dress maybe should have hugged the model's waist. On TV, though, I didn't notice it because of all the different textures. I think people seeing it in real life would look past the no-waist thing, just like the judges.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I disagreed with Jeremy's win. To me, the cups of the dress were way too small and it made the overall look of the dress seem off. I couldn't stand to look at it.

My favorite dress was Kate's.

Karen still made her dress too wide around the middle. She's terrible at tailoring clothes to fit right.

Justin's lucky his team squeaked through because he probably would have gone home if his team had been in the bottom. His model looked like she was wearing a clown suit.

The bottom team really was the worst of the worst. The models paradoxically looked like they were from the future and from the stone age.

I agree that it should have been a double elimination, with Sue and Ken getting the boot. His attitude was inexcusable and finishing his dress with duct tape was definitely a fashion crime.

Well said Pikachu!

All that drama last night wore me out! I can't even imagine how awful it must have been for the designers to actually be there to witness it.

Someone needs to smack Ken in his smug little face. I'm surprised that Alexnadria didn't completely flip out when Ken said to her "I'm talking, you need to be quiet. Don't talk to me, don't even look at me right now". What a jerk! He can't go home soon enough to suit me. Every week he is in the competition will just be over the top drama.

Karen's dress was much better looking than in previous weeks! I actually liked it, it reminded me of a 1920's dress with the shapeless style and loose fitting drop waist (like a Flapper style dress).

I loved Bradon's dress, that was so gorgeous. I thought he should have been the winner again this week.
    The bust line / cups on Jeremy's dress looked weird, and detracted from the overall look of the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    All that drama last night wore me out! I can't even imagine how awful it must have been for the designers to actually be there to witness it.

Someone needs to smack Ken in his smug little face. I'm surprised that Alexnadria didn't completely flip out when Ken said to her "I'm talking, you need to be quiet. Don't talk to me, don't even look at me right now". What a jerk! He can't go home soon enough to suit me. Every week he is in the competition will just be over the top drama.

Or what about that line "I don't design for 40-year-old women?" Oh my goodness, I wish Heidi and Nina could have heard that! Especially Heidi. Remember when she reamed that other designer a couple of seasons ago for throwing a tantrum over having to design for a real woman?

Karen's dress was much better looking than in previous weeks! I actually liked it, it reminded me of a 1920's dress with the shapeless style and loose fitting drop waist (like a Flapper style dress).
    Great point!

I loved Bradon's dress, that was so gorgeous. I thought he should have been the winner again this week.The bust line / cups on Jeremy's dress looked weird, and detracted from the overall look of the dress.

Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Ken is a first-class jerk, about the only thing he's first class in. He's said, "I'm speaking now, so you need to be quiet," on more that one occasion. Who does he think he is? I found myself wishing that everyone in the room had started talking over him at the same time and drowned him out. Add to that his line about not designing for women over 40; who does he think most of the customers for couture are? He won't have to worry about people like Helen Mirren, Glenn Close, or Michelle Pfeiffer coming to him, will he?

If there was only one elimination, I think it should have been Ken over Sue. All bullies need to be dismissed before people who make some designed errors. Neither one was on my team except that I did have Sue as my second reserve designer. I was debating with myself between Sue and Miranda for that position and I made the wrong choice. There is nothing remotely watchable in Ken for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I 100% and emphatically did NOT agree with who they chose to win! That bodice was a hot mess. Are they blind this season? First they let Karen and her diaper pants slide last week (was it last week?) and now they completely ignore the fact that the cups of that gown were so low that the model was in danger of having a wardrobe malfunction. Not only did they ignore it, the rewarded it by giving him the win!

The white team should have been the winning team.

They took my breath away when their garments went down the runway. Stunning! Yeah, I get it, they didn't want to hand Bradon yet another win but he deserved it. That gown was stunning and what he did with that material, that team was so good that they even brought Miranda up with them. Alexander had immunity right? So, basically, they were hosed because they had a team of good/winning designers.

I was surprised Sue went home. I was positive that they would not want to miss the chance of seeing her run out of money. I also cannot stand Ken, the way he was speaking to those women? Abusive, bullying, he should have been sent home plus his garment was hideous.

I do believe Sue's was so bad because she had to start over with very little materials. Did her lovely teammates even speak up? Alexandria sure is a door mat.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Any guesses as to why the tears next week? They showed Tim blowing his nose and Brandon starting to cry. That is as dramatic as it gets. They would show more if more were there. Ken quits? A judge has to leave due to a family emergency?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I think Sue can learn how to sew a lot quicker than Ken can learn to be a decent human being.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Any guesses as to why the tears next week? They showed Tim blowing his nose and Brandon starting to cry. That is as dramatic as it gets. They would show more if more were there. Ken quits? A judge has to leave due to a family emergency?
    Worse. Mood goes out of business.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast