+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    If you zoom in on the photo? It looks like she put a bib in front of the crotch, probably to hide some flaws with the construction. While Jeremy's was bad, Karen's was far worst and she should have been in the bottom. Miranda and Helen (and that she had immunity) are sooooo lucky that Sandro lost his ever-loving mind and went home.
    You're right. Jeremy's was just old-fashioned a bit, but very well made pants and top. Kate's - good grief is EVERYTHING she going to make have a muumuu effect? I can't believe that is in style, because even when larger shirts than what a person would normally wear was in fashion, they still fit the shape of the person (i.e. the cut of said shirts... or folks would wear those shirt ties).

Do they even do a psych profile on these people?

From the moment he appeared (and Miranda and Timothy) it was pretty clear that they are extremely unstable, Timothy and Miranda are not emotionally stable enough to be on this show I fear for them. Sandro? I feared for the others! None of these three should have made it past the guy/girl in the white coat in the screening process.
    If they do the psych evals, these folks must've been very adept at faking their emotions or keeping them under wraps.

I mean there have been folks in the past who were outspoken - Casanova, but he was charming and, unlike Sandro, LEARNED from his mistakes, worked hard and when he was sent home both times his outfits weren't bad. He also respected the judges, which made his eliminations sad to me. (He also post show - is the only non winner of this series who has made more outfits that if I had the money I'd spend a bit to get something he made)

I think they cast Sandro as another potential Casanova type personality, but they pale in comparison to the point they're night and day.

Personally, I didn't think Sandro's outfit was bad except for the color choice of the ties. It was NOT a winning look, but not a disaster like Helen, Sue, Katie's and Miranda's. His ego got him and he got what he earned.

Just a word about the red jacket. I thought it was a nice, well made piece, but it reminded me of something one might pull out once or twice a year ... Christmas and Valentine's day.

I wonder if he had done it in a different color, maybe blue and used those hanging ties in an accent color or pattern ... and also did a better job with the hair styling ... if he would have ended up in the safe category. Maybe Gran's favorite color was red?

Dom's dress was great ... but Tim had to tell her about matching the pattern in the front. I did think her creative thought with the equal = = sign was fantastic and inspired.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I thought the best part of Sandro's exit was Tim saying, "Sad it is. But necessary it was." I thought, "Oh my goodness--it's Yoda Tim!"

I thought Jeffrey's dress was lovely and definitely something I would wear. I do agree that it would have been better to cover the navel. It was too bad that Helen had immunity, but she did belong in the bottom three anyway, and as it turns out, none of them went home. Glad to see that last of Sandro; he was a walking time bomb.

My idea for why the judges are constantly stressing the need for "modern," "young," and "fashion forward," is to make women think they must constantly update their wardrobes. Timeless outfits last for years. In other words, it's just plain corporate greed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

To me, Miranda always seems to make something that reminds me of the dress military uniform she must have worn while in the military. And they're all awful.
    I loved Dom's dress........without the bow tie part. even tho that worked well with the theme. She is so skillful in her creations. That was not an easy dress to make. Personally, I hate it when stripes or patterns don't match up at the seams. Hers was perfect.

I have not enjoyed the last several season of Project Runway and definitely felt I wasted my time with the All Stars specials and had decided to drop the show from my viewing schedule with the feeling that Lifetime and the new show producers had killed the show. But I have to say this season is shaping up to be very very good. Lu'ed the bowtie challenge. Miranda and "Octopussy" are really lucky that Sandro walked off the set. Luv'ed the top three looks and anyone of them could have won. What the heck happened to Kate's personality? Did she have a brain transplant?
    Photobabe likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Helen - what I saw on her dress dummy during the Tim critic looked clean and very feminine what the heck did she do to it? Yes she deserved to be in the bottom 3 this week. She is in the wrong business if she falls apart like this after talking to Tim. If Helen had been in the bottom 3 it would have been a very tight race as to who would go home, Helen or Sue/Octopussy.

I have a feeling if Sue has been this cavalier about spending money on her fabrics what will happen when she runs out of money with two or three challenges to go? If she lasts that long?

Who is Alexandra? Does she ever speak? OTOH with such loud personalities as Sandro, Helen and looks like Ken is going to have some moments, perhaps it is best to be quiet.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm glad others are picking apart Karen's outfit. First off, I have trouble remembering that she is even there. That outfit was the quintessential HOT MESS. It was two different outfits, coming and going, and neither was flattering.

If Sandro hadn't "self eliminated", I think Twisted Sister Sue would have gone. As it is, she's $200 in the hole compared to the others who spent more wisely. "That's how I work", she says. How long would you stay in business if you give a client an estimate of $200 and then you go and spend TWICE that?

Daughter and I LOL'd hearing Bradon explain the stitching he used to hold the ties together. It's good to be able to laugh at yourself. Hoping he and his Josh have a long happy life together.

I will not miss Sandro. Looks like Ken is going to pick up the Drama Making slack caused by Sandro's exit.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    (Edit to add that I would have put Karen in the bottom, those pants were so ill-constructed. What was that mess in the front? I thought her model was bloated or something).
    I had forgotten about her pants until I saw the photos here. They were horrible! That weird flap in the front looked diaper-esque on the runway!

I kind of hope Sue leaves before she has the chance to run out of money. Aside from Miranda making yet another pencil skirt, I thought her jacket was awful. The shoulders seemed to be all floppy.

I am hoping the next three to go are Miranda, Helen, and Sue.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-12-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Regarding Sue, if she runs out of money, then maybe Timothy can teach her how to use the scraps at Mood.

Somebody asked why they didn't do psych evals on the designers and so catch Sandro. That's the whole point: they want people like Sandro on reality shows. A while back ago I read an article by a former producer in the reality TV industry. He said you wouldn't believe some of the things they did. In terms of casting, they deliberately look for vulnerable people such as former addicts, those who've been arrested for something, etc. Anybody who's likely to crack under stress fairly easily and will therefore create "drama" with their meltdowns. Because of all this, I'm guessing Sandro was included quite deliberately. And on a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if TPTB knew about Miranda and Helen's propensity for tears, either.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast