+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Here are pictures of the fashions from this episode:

Wow, there is no real middle road with these designers. Is there?

The ones who are good are outstanding and the ones who are bad? Are really bad.

Way to show who should have really won that challenge, Helen. I'm so over her and Miranda. Their drama, meltdowns, crying got old the first time they showed it. At least Sandro did us the solid of self-destructing and getting off the screen.

I'm glad he's gone.

I really liked Dom's design, it was my favorite and should have won. Bradon's was OK but those shorts were too big and how innovative is it to sew ties together? Kate's was good, as well. I would have put Alexandria/Alexander in the top instead of Kate/Bradon. I'm beginning to think that Bradon may be more hype then actual talent.

I admit I teared up a little over the proposal, super sweet.

(Edit to add that I would have put Karen in the bottom, those pants were so ill-constructed. What was that mess in the front? I thought her model was bloated or something).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fanatic

I would wear several of the designs this week. In fact, I have watched PR from the beginning and I must say that this is the greatest number of pieces I would wear in the same challenge ever. I would wear Kate's, Bradon's, Alexandria's, and Dom's. I think Dom knocked it out of the park in the way she matched the pattern of the stripes in the dress. It had different panels that were placed directionally and she went to the trouble to line up the stripes. Loved it.

I almost spit out my drink last night when Alexander said his black separates with the clown suit collar was the best use of ties on the runway. He is delusional. That outfit was reminiscent of Barnum and Bailey, definitely not Dolce and Gabbana or even Lord and Taylor.
    Harmony2000 likes this.

Now that I've seen the pics again, I would also place Karen in the bottom. That whole outfit is just a hot mess.
    Little Sew&Sew and Photobabe like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Opinions . . .

Alexander - Yep. I caught that remark about "the best use of ties on the runway". I wasn't drinking anything at the time, so for ONCE, I didn't have to clean my keyboard. TALK about delusional. IMHO, that "collar" (or WHATEVER it's supposed to be!) looks like a bib that Bozo the Clown would be decked out in!

Alexandria - Was she trying to kid us? That thing looked like she was doing it in memory of Tim, or something. I wouldn't be caught dead at a dog fight in that.

Bradon - I don't KNOW how he managed to pull off ALL THAT WORK in the time frame they had, but boyfriend knocked it out of the park, again! Unfortunately, I don't have his model's body. However, if I DID, you can be absolutely certain that I'd rock that sucker in a heartbeat!

Dom - ANOTHER ONE out of the park! I TOTALLY loved this, and would wear it if I could, too! Right now, it appears as though she and Bradon are in a tug-of-war for the lead.

Helen - Please.

Jeremy - SO sorry about his Gran! I don't think the "older" vibe was QUITE as old as the judges said it seemed to them, but I DO see what they were saying. Also, I DO wish the jacket'd been JUST A SMIDGE longer, as, frankly, the model's navel didn't need to be playing hide-and-seek like it was, I think. Still, overall, I liked it. With a couple of minor alterations, I'd wear it. And yep, I DO think his Gran's death put his head in a bad place, so he WAS present, but not really accounted for. If you know what I mean.

Justin - Love Justin's designs, generally, I do. THIS? Not so much. I wouldn't wear it.

Karen - No. GOD. NO. And in PARTICULAR, just WTF was UP with that half-toga/bath towel thingy she put on the FRONT of those pants?

Kate - Not bad. Not bad at all. Don't know if I'D wear it, but I DO like it.

Ken - Generally, I liked it, overall, and would probably wear it. But I agree with HIM that that zipper in the back doesn't do much for me and would HAVE to be replaced.

Miranda - The houndstooth didn't work, for me. She didn't do a good job of putting the pieces of the houndstooth together, so when I saw the pics, all I could think was: "BAD TV TEST PATTERN!" Yep, she screwed the pooch when she tried to turn her top into a crop top. I'm sick of seeing pencil skirts out of her, and yep, I believe she could've found a way to obviously incorporate MORE bowtie into her design.

Sandro - This son of a biscuit-eater is DAMNED lucky that he wound up SAFE. BUT FOR Helen, Miranda and Sue JUST MANAGING to tank worse than HE did, I think he'd've been on the chopping block. The lucky so-and so! I am SO glad Zac cleaned his clock when he decided he was going to step to the judges and make himself known. Good thing he shot his mouth off, behaved like a juvenile delinquent, and got himself booted off.

Sue - Oh, brother. This woman is DEFINITELY not the brightest light on the Christmas tree. Either that, or she's blind as a bat to where she couldn't see how hideous and ridiculous this was. I'm praying she goes soon (PREFERABLY after Miranda and/or Helen!), because what with her "designs", her stupidity in using her funds, and that nasty-looking hair of hers, she is NOT doing much to represent women of a "certain age" well, at ALL.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 08-09-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    ladygreco likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

With all due respect, Sandro might be one of the worst contestants this show has ever seen. Entertaining, but disappointing.
    Babbred likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Bradon was so great this episode <3

I love how they both proposed to eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Now that I've seen the pics again, I would also place Karen in the bottom. That whole outfit is just a hot mess.
    If you zoom in on the photo? It looks like she put a bib in front of the crotch, probably to hide some flaws with the construction. While Jeremy's was bad, Karen's was far worst and she should have been in the bottom. Miranda and Helen (and that she had immunity) are sooooo lucky that Sandro lost his ever-loving mind and went home.

Do they even do a psych profile on these people?

From the moment he appeared (and Miranda and Timothy) it was pretty clear that they are extremely unstable, Timothy and Miranda are not emotionally stable enough to be on this show I fear for them. Sandro? I feared for the others! None of these three should have made it past the guy/girl in the white coat in the screening process.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Sandro self eliminated; I think he got booted off!

Dom is my favorite. The dress she made from the carnival with Kate, I think, was my favorite dress of all time! So current/cutting edge for those in their 20's. Loved it. I like her dress this week, too. She will be in the finals.

Sue is going to run into budget trouble down the line. I don't think she understands the money situation.

Very moving scene with Brandon and a fascinating outfit. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think Sandro self eliminated; I think he got booted off!

Dom is my favorite. The dress she made from the carnival with Kate, I think, was my favorite dress of all time! So current/cutting edge for those in their 20's. Loved it. I like her dress this week, too. She will be in the finals.

Sue is going to run into budget trouble down the line. I don't think she understands the money situation.

Very moving scene with Brandon and a fascinating outfit. Loved it.
    I think so too - he may have been told when he walked off set he was gone when he may have tried to return.

Dom's dress last week was the monster one with Alexandria. Kate and Helen did the hat dress, and that's why Helen had immunity, which for her was very VERY fortunate (IMHO not us, just her ).

Sue - if she lasts much longer, will end up having to use muslin for her dresses... unless they change that rule. Either that or hope for a lot of unconventional challenges where she can use muslin as the base only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast