+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

In no particular order, and not covering everyone (hmmm...just like on the show if you've noticed):

Sandro. Wow. I'm so glad he self-eliminated himself because I think he would've skated through a few more weeks based on the poor performances of others.

Jeremy. Poor guy. Lost his Gran (or did he say Gram?) the day before and was admittedly "off his game."
    Whatever, his red top was far more beautiful than Sue's black dress with the web of silk ropes (ties) thrown over the model's head.

Helen. Yup. Her dress was even worse than Sue's.

Ken. Love, love, LOVE the way he stood up to Sandro. Ooops. Looks like that gumption of his is a source of drama NEXT WEEK.

Bradon. All class. And talented class at that.

Miranda. She just doesn't really much get it, does she?

Kate. I'm just LOVING Kate this season. Truth be told, I kinda liked her last season, too (she IS from Chicago, after all), but she's really like a butterfly this time around.

Karen. I don't particularly care for her. She annoys me. BUT, if you close your eyes she sure does SOUND like one of my favorites -- Drew Barrymore!
    (Sorry, if that's been mentioned here a gazillion times before. I really haven't been FORTing much these days.)

On that note, at the risk of bringing up something that has maybe been discussed repeatedly...
    Has anyone done the ProjectRunway.com thingy to do the live voting?
    ladygreco likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Woohoo! Sandro is gone! I think he should have been in the bottom 3 instead of Jeremy but then again if it weren't for her immunity, Helen would have taken his place. Sandro is just too loud, rude, uneducated, boorish, immature and confirmed it with his tantrum. He's also an idiot for being clueless about what the show is about. As for Helen, I think they should have given the win last time to Kate. Kate was being gracious even though I think she did most the design of their piece last week. I've not seen anything good about what Helen does when she design stuff by herself. I knew it was a mistake that they gave the immunity to Helen instead of Kate.

Jeremy's clothes were actually well done but these judges hate dowdy outfits especially if you use lace. I thought she should have made real short sleeves instead and cut the pants to make a skort. Maybe that would have looked younger. I knew it when he said he was inspired by his grandma that it will look old. As for Sue, she spent $400 to make two dresses. I thought the red dress was better but she chose the black and I thought she was going to do more than what she shown to Tim Gunn but that was it. She didn't do much. I also think that Miranda would have gone home because she has not shown much to the judges. She was also warned before for not using enough of the material for the challenge. This is the 2nd time she did it and I don't think they would have given her a pass this time. I wish she was eliminated but I'd take Sandro's boot over anyone left anytime.

Whew, also glad Sandro is gone, his loudness and outbursts and whininess made me cringe. The ONLY thing I'm slightly in agreement with him about is that I do remember conversations on the middle of the pack never getting any feedback, so never knowing what the judges did or didn't like. He could've presented that in a more mature manner, still not gotten a response but not caused such a scene, either.

Not sure what's up w/my computer, I've been trying to post since PR started back up but rarely can log on to the site. Only comment I still wish to make is that Timothy reminded me strongly of Roger on American Dad. I like Braden, Dom and Justin the most, personality and fashion-wise. There's one gal I saw in next week's preview that I totally forgot was here. I literally can't remember what she made tonight. Hmm...

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Jeremy. Poor guy. Lost his Gran (or did he say Gram?) the day before and was admittedly "off his game."
    It was "Gran." I've heard other UK people refer to their grandmothers this way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Woohoo! Sandro is gone! I think he should have been in the bottom 3 instead of Jeremy but then again if it weren't for her immunity, Helen would have taken his place. Sandro is just too loud, rude, uneducated, boorish, immature and confirmed it with his tantrum. He's also an idiot for being clueless about what the show is about.
    While I DO know they're doing these anonymously this season, I have wondered if they figured out his work and chose to NOT give him the bottom three look so he couldn't get the critique. Tim could have put a bug in their ear that Sandro was being highly defensive among a few other things as well.

His work isn't too difficult to figure out, nor most of them for that matter if you pay attention - many of them have tiny details that are obvious in each work, even if they overall design is vastly different.

And because the judges didn't deem him top or bottom look this time, he got into a hissy fit (well, I can think of a few better descriptions but this is a family page ), and just went downhill from there.

Jeremy's clothes were actually well done but these judges hate dowdy outfits especially if you use lace. I thought she should have made real short sleeves instead and cut the pants to make a skort. Maybe that would have looked younger. I knew it when he said he was inspired by his grandma that it will look old.
    As someone in her 30s, I didn't have a problem with the top. I think it'd been better though if it were OPEN and with a more youthful top underneath instead of just the top as it was. Lacy tops with sports bras or short tanks are popular in my area for a younger age.

Then again - I liked the Spanish inspired coat from last season so what do I know?

As for Sue, she spent $400 to make two dresses. I thought the red dress was better but she chose the black and I thought she was going to do more than what she shown to Tim Gunn but that was it. She didn't do much. I also think that Miranda would have gone home because she has not shown much to the judges. She was also warned before for not using enough of the material for the challenge. This is the 2nd time she did it and I don't think they would have given her a pass this time. I wish she was eliminated but I'd take Sandro's boot over anyone left anytime.
    Admittedly they had to use A bow tie material in the look, and were encouraged to use several. That said, on hers I couldn't even see anything that looked like the tie material. I did notice the top three looks had the most use of the Ties in an obvious location. (I think Kate used hers in the back piece). Then again - all three were also very nice pieces.

Miranda's time is coming and then afterward when Helen is eliminated... I will be OK with anyone winning honestly.

Personally I absolutely loved Jeremy's red lace jacket & would buy it. While I may reside in the 50-to-dead catagory I still don't consider myself old.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

What a show! The ups, the downs, the concept, the results - just wow.

Actually it was Jeremy's husband's grandmother, so, in effect, his grandmother-in-law if one were to be picky.

Sue spent so much money (double the recommended) because she put together two dresses...one in black and one in red - both the same design with the same "exo-skeleton."

Sandro's time bomb personality counted down to zero and so did he. Thank goodness from a view perspective having to watch all that negative energy.

Then for the positive energy - Bradon, not only with his win, but the result of his win flowing into the theme of the episode with his proposal to his boyfriend. Then, learning via skype about the Supreme Court decision and his boyfriend proposing. Me = verklempt.

I really, really liked this episode.
    ladygreco and Photobabe like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Personally I absolutely loved Jeremy's red lace jacket & would buy it. While I may reside in the 50-to-dead catagory I still don't consider myself old.

I'm not in your category, but I'm getting there fast. I loved Jeremy's outfit, too. The only slight modification I would have made was to turn it into a jacket with a blouse underneath. I'm just a tad too old (thank goodness!) for the belly-baring look.

And on a side note, I go through this every season, so might as well say it now. It irritates me when Heidi and Nina--no spring chickens!--go on about looking like a 20-year-old. Excuse me? The most elegant woman I knew was my grandmother. Until the day she died in her 90's, she dressed to kill. Slacks creased to a knife edge, dress shoes, nice blouse. Heck, she even wore pantyhose every day and we live in Texas where it swelters in the summer. There's a difference as wide as the Mississippi between "elegant, classy" and "fashionable". One is timeless, the other is here today, gone tomorrow with the latest fad. I'd far rather dress in the former category.

On another side note, Jeremy kept saying "Gran". My husband is from the UK and that's what he calls his grandmother.

Ok, to the fashions.

Kate--I actually liked hers the best, but for strictly personal reasons. I've always found the "feminine equestrian" look very sexy and empowering.
    I love history, and I have a book on life at the turn of the century. It says that the only place women could compete with men was on the hunting field. Given its subtle nod to this era, I found Kate's look a lot more gender bending than Miranda's.

Dom--If the challenge had not been about bow ties, I would still have put her in the top for her basic dress. Very well done.

Bradon--I'm sorry, but I just didn't get this dress. I agreed with the designer back in the workroom that it was too literal.

Miranda--I have a houndstooth outfit similar to what she produced, and I bought the pieces off-the-rack at places like Penny's. Not exactly a couture look, then. And that top was hideous. I hope that she, followed by Helen, will be the next to go.

Sue--looked like my 4-year-old niece had gotten into her father's tie collection and was playing dress-up. If not for Sandro's escapade, I would have sent her home.

Dishonorable Mention, Helen--deserved to be in the Bottom 3 fighting it out with Sue for elimination.

Good-bye, Sandro, don't let the door hit you! I'm glad he's gone so that now we can get back to fashion. I'm actually enjoying this season because it doesn't have a clear villain. Miranda and Helen irritate me, but mainly for their lack of fashion sense. I totally agree with you, Jade. Once those two are gone, I won't care who wins.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

PA Snow Bunny...50 to dead category... I like that

I like Jeremy's jacket. Not for me but I still thought it was a nice design.
    I was impressed with the detail of Dom's dress. Matching lines, plaids and figured prints is hard. She may not have had the flashiest design but her attention to detail is impressive and her designs are (to me) wearable.
    The biggest disappointment to me was Sue's octopus dress. What was she thinking? A play suit for cat owners? All I can say is, If I wore it, my cats would have fun chasing me through the house.
    Poor Miranda, I haven't liked any of her fabric picks. I would have stepped up the double elimination and sent her and Timothy home last week.
    I'm on the fence with Kate, I think she is improving but I don't think she has a wide variety in her designs. I think she would be a fantastic costume designer.
    Bradon is just classy.
    Of course this are my opinions and are subject to change.
    Photobabe likes this.

Bradon seems like such a gentle soul. While it did seem a bit odd watching him propose to his not-present partner through the TV screen, he does seem genuine and authentic. I wish the producers would have left it at his proposal rather than adding on what appeared to be a rather scripted scene "one week later."

This brings me to a question. Are the PR contestants sequestered like some juries would be during a trial? Are they not allowed to watch or listen to news reports? Are they not permitted to read newspapers? I found it really hard to believe that Bradon would not have known about the Supreme Court's decision on Prop 8 before his partner told him about it. Am I missing something?
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast