+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/1 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/1 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Don't get me wrong. I'm not unhappy that Tim went home. Clearly somebody who has been in the bottom three times in a row needs to go. I would say that about any contestant.

However, I simply refuse to be all rah-rah about Miranda and think she's some kind of saint for putting up with Tim. She didn't put up with him. She trashed him to a room full of designers, and then continued even when he showed up. I simply see nothing in that kind of behavior to cheer. The award for saintliness goes to Sue. Although I have not always liked her, either, in the first two episodes, I felt tremendous sympathy for her in this one. She had to put up with a lot worse from Sandro, but she didn't go parading her victim status and begging for sympathy. She just got on with it the best she could and survived for another challenge.

I'm particularly disgusted by Miranda since she used to serve in the Army. My father was in the Army for many years. The women there are just as tough as the men. They can tie you into a pretzel if you look at them the wrong way. And yet Miranda curls up and cries like a baby because she has to deal with a neurotic tree-hugger. Good grief. This is the same way I felt about Helen last week.

Speaking of which, kudos to her. I would have eliminated her last week, but fair's fair. She made a tremendous comeback this week and fully deserved that win. And kudos to Kate for being so humble and letting her win. Like Helen, I've gained a new appreciation for Kate.

Sadly, I've heard the same thing about Russian culture from people who have been there. I was simply blinded by Sandro's cute accent in the first episode.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

FORT Fan

I'm suprised that people are forgetting that Miranda's rant on Timothy was a direct result of his action -- changing their design completely when she left the room for 40 minutes. He was the instigator and antagonist. She could have handled it differently, but he deserved what he got from her, IMHO. Clearly, he has issues.
    NFL1, Florimel, ness and 1 others like this.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Speaking of Sandro and Sue, there was nothing random about Tim's Button Bag! Besides S&S, the two geeks were paired, the Oldie with the Newbie Who Cried, etc.
    I have thought that a few times in the past - definitely on this one, though. For it to be truly random - I would like to SEE the names as they are pulled out - or pull out one - have that person come up and pull and name...each person pulling one name out of the bag and showing it.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    I'm suprised that people are forgetting that Miranda's rant on Timothy was a direct result of his action -- changing their design completely when she left the room for 40 minutes. He was the instigator and antagonist. She could have handled it differently, but he deserved what he got from her, IMHO. Clearly, he has issues.
    I think they both got what they deserved - you don't do teamwork and are that vile toward the other, you are going to have a bottom look.

BTW - I'd like to say that the judges failed anatomy 101 - on Justin's and Alexander's dress, the seaweed look was NOT on her bottom... it was several inches down the lowest part of that shape.

The should've commented about Sue and Sandro's model being told to hold her dress like she did. It looked like she was fluffing up a diaper or something weird like that. It didn't flatter the dress regardless.
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

FINALLY - I wanted Timothy gone week 1 - and had looked forward to the blonde's rock style creations (remember last year's winner could have been gone early...) but Timothy SUCKED for THREE weeks, I don't care about his point of view if he can't put it in practice in the workroom (without weeks/months to create)!

FORT Fogey

What happened to all the other models when they only did one look? How do they determine who is out?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think they both got what they deserved - you don't do teamwork and are that vile toward the other, you are going to have a bottom look.

Exactly. It reminds me of that other fashion show, where they sell to department stores. This past season they had the same thing happen. A couple of designers paired who just couldn't get along. Their mentor sat down with them and basically slapped them upside the head. "Look you guys, you keep bickering like this, your dress is going to fail and one of you is going to get eliminated. Shape up!" All they needed was that outside voice to get through the cloud of unhappiness. Not only did they lay aside their bickering and work together but they had the winning dress.

Since Tim and Miranda could not show basic civility to each other for just a few hours, then they both deserved to get canned.

The should've commented about Sue and Sandro's model being told to hold her dress like she did. It looked like she was fluffing up a diaper or something weird like that. It didn't flatter the dress regardless.

Thank you. I thought that looked ridiculous, too.

And there is no way you can convince me that BB is random. Every time Tim or Heidi pulls it out, I think "Ok, what drama are they looking for now?"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    I couldn't pay too much attention to this disfunctional team because they drove me nuts, so I may be completely off base here.

Didn't he want to change it to a pair of pants or something completely different in looks? Then she threw a wing-ding because she had already patterned the pieces and cut them, blah blah blah. So they wound up sticking with pretty much the original design of the dress.

Who had the bright idea to put the "peek-a-boo I see you!" eyeballs on the inside of the dress at the hem? How stupid looking was that!

Not that I'm a Timothy fan, but she was pretty terrible with all the bad-mouthing she did. That was Wendy Pepper level of evil IMO.
    Babbred likes this.

Yay! Timothy is gone! Now if only he would take Sandro and Miranda back with to the land of the unicorns? This will be a perfect season.
    Babbred likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast