+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/1 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/1 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Well. I guess by now the judges have made it perfectly clear that they want "fresh," "young," "different." "Jetsons" and "Monster Mash" trump "Wearable and Impeccable."

Sandro needs a filter, but at least he speaks to people's faces.
    Yep, they were drooling over "The Jetsons", but me?

Not so much.

And yep, I gotta give it up to Sandro for dishing his dirt to one's face.

Don't WANT to, but truth is truth.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Bye, Timothy!

There's room for only ONE TIM in the work-room!

Yo! Sandro mouths off to the JUDGES next week?!

To be continued....!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 08-01-2013 at 10:31 PM.

HELEN wins the challenge and has immunity for next week.

Dom/Alexandria, in.

Alexander/Justin, in.

TIMOTHY'S OUT!!!!! TIMOTHY'S OUT!!!!! TIMOTHY'S OUT!!!!!

Tim Gunn said that as sorry as he was to see Tim go, he wasn't going to use his Tim Gunn save because he agreed with the judges.

So do WE, Tim.

So do WE!!!!

This ep was TOTALLY worth it this week JUST for Tim getting the boot!
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Good for Helen.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    I think maybe we've seen the last of Timothy.

Jeremy and Ken's slacks were perfectly fitted. I'd crown this duo for this challenge.

Sandro actually said that when a woman listens to a man, "iss so cool."

Speaking of Sandro and Sue, there was nothing random about Tim's Button Bag! Besides S&S, the two geeks were paired, the Oldie with the Newbie Who Cried, etc.
    Yep.

He sure DID say that.

And, to me ---MHO! --- what he said STILL boils down to a: "Eet ees GOOT for voh-mahn to lissen to mahn!" mindset/attitude.

Which, BTW, as far as I'M STILL concerned, he can STILL take that Dark Ages, Cro-Magnon, male chauvinist piglet, "drag 'em down the street by the hair of the head" mindset/attitude and GO STRAIGHT BACK TO RUSSIA WITH IT.

Or HELL.

Whichever comes first.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 08-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Luv'ed this runway. Luv'ed the two top looks. Would have been happy with either winning.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Guess I'll just have to be in the minority here. I thought it was despicable the way Miranda made such a huge bloody deal about not liking Tim to the other designers. She was just as big of a prima donna as Sandro. And I didn't for a moment believe her apology, either. Tim nailed it on the head. "Actions speak louder than words." You can say you're sorry until you're blue in the face, but a person with real character would never pull a stunt like that to begin with. I'll bet she was just hoping Tim would keep his mouth shut and not put her sorry rear end up for elimination.

And this is on top of her arrogance over disregarding the rules on the first challenge. She can't leave fast enough for me. From here on out she won't get any sympathy from me.

I'm glad the red dress won. It was hands down the best on the runway. The other dress was cute, but it brought back too many memories of my younger sister and her Pikachu/Pokemon obsession in middle school.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-01-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Kip and maude~flanders like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

The top two looks were deserving - the monster one I couldn't easily tell it was several stuffed toys that created the fabric, and the hat dress the same thing. Now I personally preferred that the monster top and shorts won because they manipulated the materials better, but that of course is judge's preference. The only criticism on the outfit was the shorts were just a tiny bit too short given how many frogs they won to make the shorts. But this is a minor criticism. Their outfit however is one of the few that could be turned into a line already given the popularity of some cutesy Japanimation/drawings.

Was glad that Kate deferred to Helen with the design. While I DO think she should've been eliminated last week at least Helen redeemed herself. I think the same will happen with Justin and his teammate this week - theirs really was over designing - the coat and side bustles hurt them more than anything.

But by far the worst look of the week was Miranda and Timothy's. He knew that he was most likely going to go home UNLESS he threw Miranda under the bus. That said... he had been in the bottom looks twice before, and saved over a better made dress (Kahindo), so there was nothing he could've said that would've changed that decision. I'm also glad Tim Gunn didn't use the save - and yes I was worried there. (ETA - I forgot Miranda was the one who cheated... but this week Timothy was the one who had to go because of the amount of work that was his as well as the two previous bottom appearances. She is at strike two now though - I doubt Heidi will let them forget that incident again).

Next week... I am hoping Sandro is ejected if he did indeed hit the camera. That doesn't mean I think they should bring back Timothy in exchange if that happens, or worse, end up having Tim use his save that week in lieu of replacing a designer (which isn't fair to anyone). I say they remove any double eliminations they may have planned there. My Dad went to Russia and said that they were indeed crazy drivers, but overall folks were friendly and willing to barter and trade with folks. He'd said Sandro was an exception to the general feeling he got from Russians (at least the ones he met).

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Guess I'll just have to be in the minority here. I thought it was despicable the way Miranda made such a huge bloody deal about not liking Tim to the other designers. She was just as big of a prima donna as Sandro. And I didn't for a moment believe her apology, either. Tim nailed it on the head. "Actions speak louder than words." You can say you're sorry until you're blue in the face, but a person with real character would never pull a stunt like that to begin with. I'll bet she was just hoping Tim would keep his mouth shut and not put her sorry rear end up for elimination.

And this is on top of her arrogance over disregarding the rules on the first challenge. She can't leave fast enough for me. From here on out she won't get any sympathy from me.
    Nah, I don't think you're in the minority.

Miranda screwed the pooch when she took the stage with the other designers in the workroom to air her grievances with Tim. ABSOLUTELY not necessary. Hell, I don't believe there was a designer IN there who didn't/couldn't put two and two together and figure out that MIRANDA. WAS. NOT. HAPPY working with Tim. And frankly, I think that ALL of the designers in there KNEW that Tim was a true nutcase that would be hard --- if not impossible --- to work with, ANYWAY.

Having said that . . .

Much as I DON'T want to, I STILL give her props, consideration and respect for the fact that she apologized to Tim the next day. Whether or not that apology was born out of sincerity (I think it was, because if I'd been in her shoes, I'd've been too embarrassed to have even shown my face in the workroom the next day, let ALONE attempt to apologize to Tim), or a "day late and a dollar short" attempt to try to placate Tim and thereby hopefully keep herself from being dipped in the grease during runway crits by him, she DID open her mouth and apologize (such as it was or may have been) to him in a very timely manner.

In past seasons, Jeffrey (who eventually WON, for God's sake!) was rude to another designer's MOTHER that he had to design a dress for. Ven. He was actually so rude to his plus-sized model that he had her damn near in tears, her friend stepping in to defend her and direct HIM, and other designers stepping forward and VOLUNTEERING to design this lady an outfit, because they could see how hateful he'd been to her.

If I'm wrong about this, please, anybody correct me, but frankly, I don't recall EITHER of those two jerks making even a half-assed attempt at apologizing to the people they'd treated so very poorly.

I COULD be wrong about that, but I honestly DON'T.

Sincere or not, Miranda DID, at least, try.

And I don't think her going off about him to the others, then ON him directly (IIRC), speaks to whether or not she had or has good character (or no character at ALL, for that matter). The most upstanding, finest person in the WORLD can lose it, step in it, and smear it around. That comes from being human, as are we all.

And after all, to err IS human.

And, to me, it took having at LEAST a scintilla of SOME kind of positive character in her make-up for her to even ATTEMPT to apologize to him (even if it WASN'T sincere).

Now, if she acts a fool about, on or with anybody ELSE before she gets booted, then her train will have well and truly pulled into the station with me, and I'll be DONE with her completely.

Yeah, Miranda's arrogant. And stubborn. And has a LOT of mouth. And is NOT what I would call a world-beating designer. AND should've been gone after the parachute challenge. AND had NO business unloading about Tim behind his back to the other designers, then ON him in front of the other designers like she did (IIRC).

And yep, I want her GONE.

RIGHT after Sandro!

LOL!!!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was hoping for a Miranda/Timothy double elimination.

One of my DILs studied for a year in Russia. Then couple of years ago, the US internet company she worked for offered her a post in Russia because she can speak Russian. She declined the offer for a couple of reasons, but one was because so many Russian men don't respect women in business, and she knew she'd have a tough time making the deals she was supposed to make. She also found that many Russians are prejudiced against Asians - her heritage is Filipino - so that would have been something else working against her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast