+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 7/25 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/25 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I was wondering what Tim Gunn had said/done that made you respond like this . . . then I remembered there's a "designer" who is also named Tim. He needs a nickname. Timmy No Shoes. Green Tim. Unicorn Boy. I'm open to suggestions - but hopefull, he'll get sent home and we won't need them after next week. We had to know he wasn't going home this week because we saw out-of-order previews showing him working with Miranda on a team challenge.
    Timothy - how about bits-n-pieces, Remnant or something like 2nd-hand Timmy because he uses bits and pieces in the scraps, and he's a second rate (well infinity squared rate) compared to the wise Tim Gunn.

Sandro with that attitude should be Squalldro, because he is as noisy as a squall (storm).

Not fond of either - Timothy's I think could've turned into a decent dress had he changed the stop, but Sandro's ... those side panels are NOT the rage. They've been in the fashion police looks for years. His look ONLY looked as good as it did because his model had a Latin American quality about her IMHO.

BTW - Karen makes every thing look like it's a muumuu as far as the top. None of the tops - including what she is wearing in her PR pic, looks like a muumuu. I still think bottom three should've been her, Timothy and Helen. Kahindo's was boring and maybe not quite right for the challenge (though I've seen women wear prints with diamonds of that nature), but her dress was FIT properly.

After looking at pikachu's WONDERFUL pics (THANKS, pikachu!), here are my random, straight-off-the-top-of-my-head, hit-and-run thoughts:

ALEXANDER - Way, WAY too much going on with the fabric in those sleeves, and not enough going on with the fabric in the BOTTOM of the dress. The jewelry got overshadowed by all that fabric.

ALEXANDRIA - Whoopee. Not horrible, or TERRIBLE, but nothing to write home about, either. Been there, done that, but at least it didn't overpower the jewels.

BRADON - One of my absolute FAVES. He either should've won AGAIN, this time, or at LEAST been runner up.

DOM - Hers should've been in the top four, at least, I think, in a four-way fight with the boys for top spot. She showcased/spotlighted the jewelry well. Like the judges, I DO think she could've lost the headband. UNLIKE the judges, I had NO problem with the hem of the dress.

HELEN - She should've been GONE. What an unholy MESS. It's a good thing, for her, that the judges were moved and taken in by her freakout and crying.

JEREMY - MAGNIFICENT! He should've been going at it with Bradon for top spot. I see him as a viable winner, too.

JUSTIN - LOVED it! I've got him in the mix with Jeremy, Bradon and Dom for a top spot fight.

KAHINDO - While she wasn't going to set the world on fire with this design, she ABSOLUTELY got screwed. Seeing the pic, it was tamer than some of the others, but, to me, better than the one she did LAST week. And she didn't overshadow the jewels. If I were her, I'd be ROYALLY pissed.

KAREN - Are you KIDDING me? She couldn't LOOK at this and see how ill-fitting, nightgownish and plain as an unpainted barn door that this was? She should've been under at least momentary consideration to be booted, I think. NOT gone, just considered.

KATE - I'm sorry I insulted Walter Plunkett's drapery dress from GWTW by comparing it to this mess. THAT was a masterpiece. THIS is a travesty. The PR judges are up to their usual insanity by NOT putting in the bottom of the barrel somebody that CLEARLY needed to've been there.

KEN - Liked it. Sure, perhaps it WAS at least a bit dated, but it seemed to be well-designed and made, I liked the color and styling, and it DIDN'T overpower the jewels.

MIRANDA - Didn't like it. I didn't like her first challenge dress, and I DON'T like this one, either. The two are VERY similar. TOO similar, truth be told, for me. She seems to have a real fixation on bare midriffs. As for this being a short dress, I'll take Kahindo's over hers any day of the week.

SANDRO - The only GOOD thing I can find to say about this is that he DID showcase the jewelry with the hair styling and straps on the dress. Other than that, you have GOT to be kidding me.

SUE - Meh. Looked very off-kilter, to me. Certainly not the best, but by no means the worst, either, far as the dress itself goes. BUT, the halter neckline did NOT work with that particular necklace.

TIM - He's in the right-next-to-the-bottom basement with Karen and Kate. OK. Maybe this is one floor DOWN from theirs, and one ABOVE Helen's. I hope they bounce his ass soon.
    Last edited by ness; 07-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Tim had the most gorgeous blue velvet and what he did to that material was a travesty!
    It would have showcased any fabulous jewelry and looked very elegant but no, he cheapened it by placing silly pieces of white here and there.
    Then added a silly looking top.
    He shows an incredible lack of good taste.
    Photobabe likes this.

I think DOM should have won the challenge. She showcased the diamonds and the dress was beautiful.

I missed the first episode so can someone tell me why Kate is back on this season?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I think DOM should have won the challenge. She showcased the diamonds and the dress was beautiful.

I missed the first episode so can someone tell me why Kate is back on this season?
    Viewers voted her in over two other folks. She honestly had an unfair advantage given that she was from the recent season while the others at least one or two prior to that. With the drama of last season on top of it... it was an easy win for her to make it on again.

Honestly didn't like her work then and still don't. This dress, the "Stays" of her corset were skewed (meaning it wasn't a real corset), the top looked poofy on one side and flat on the other, and the back looked like it was one of those box kites with the way she did the pickups. It was not a winning look - *maybe* safe, but no, not a winning look. The three that deserved it for me were Dom, Jonathan and Justin - and two of those weren't even in the top three.

Yea, I thought about that. Why they included a contestant to come back from last season. Kate had an unfair advantage because she was still fresh in people's minds while the other two were long forgotten. They should have picked someone who were forced to quit the show for some reason to give them a 2nd chance. I don't get what was the criteria for selecting those three. Those who came in 4th from each Season would be nice as they almost made the finale and they would like to try if they can make the final 3 this time.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Playing catch up on the episodes:

Timothy: his statement about picking the jewels based on beauty is superficial does he realize how snobbish he sounds how condescending? Who would buy his clothes? Even the thrift stores have standards that I don't think he can meet.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Helen: I don't understand how she got saved, her dress was clearly the worse of the three.

Kahindo: Clearly her dress was the best of the worst I simply do not understand how she was sent home this week unless it was the producers saying we need to keep Helen and Timothy for the DRAMA!

Alexandra: was a truly miserable person. Tons worse then Kate ever was.

Why do people come on this show not knowing how to sew and not know how to use a steamer? Sue and Sandro?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Viewers voted her in over two other folks. She honestly had an unfair advantage given that she was from the recent season while the others at least one or two prior to that. With the drama of last season on top of it... it was an easy win for her to make it on again.

Honestly didn't like her work then and still don't. This dress, the "Stays" of her corset were skewed (meaning it wasn't a real corset), the top looked poofy on one side and flat on the other, and the back looked like it was one of those box kites with the way she did the pickups. It was not a winning look - *maybe* safe, but no, not a winning look. The three that deserved it for me were Dom, Jonathan and Justin - and two of those weren't even in the top three.
    Thank you. I have been so busy that my TV watching isn't happening. I haven't even been on this board since I posted 7/31/13.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234