+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm in agreement with those of you who said Angela should still be there . . . although I don't know which one - Timothy or Sandro - needed to be sent home more.

I liked Jeremy and Justin's looks the most but I'm satisfied that Bradon got the win over the others (or should I say "other") who were put into the "top" category. Guess there's a first time for everything, even after 11 seasons.

They've hyped up the drama already by showing us that someone (Sandro?) goes "missing". Wonder how many episodes it will take to FINALLY get to that point. He can go now and it wouldn't be soon enough.
    NFL1 and beerbelly like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I hope it doesn't mean anything that I fell asleep while watching....repeatedly. They showed this over and over all night long here, and yet each time I tried to stay awake and watch all of it, I fell asleep. I've been tired lately though, so maybe I can just count that as the reason and catch this one next week on a rerun.

I liked the orange/pink dress the best. I liked the girl who designed it so far too, she does not seem to be bitchy. I thought the guy who made that horrible too-short jumpsuit or the girl who violated the rules should have been eliminated, not the girl who made the poncho thing. The jumpsuit for me was probably the worst. poor model.

Early days but so far I can't stand the little short tattooed woman with the self-professed bad temper. Go on with your bad self and go home. I am not even interested in anything she does. She could design something stunning and original and I wouldn't like her because she's already gone and shot off her mouth enough to earn my dislike. Go away.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

MFWalkoff likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Last edited by pikachu; 07-22-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Dragonlady and JohnnyK like this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Sandro should have been eliminated immediately for showing his model's (as my mom would say) 'ganerva'.

I liked Angela's - it was cute.
    Florimel likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Yes, I thought it should have either been Sandro going home for exposing his model in way too short shorts or Miranda for using almost none of the unconventional material. I'm puzzled as to why the judges thought Angela's look was the most deserving of going home. It might not have been the best outfit this week but it was by no means the worst!!

I hated how wide Karen's dress made her model look and thought maybe it was the material but after seeing the dress Karen is wearing in the picture I posted from the website (which I would guess she made herself), it makes her look wide, too, so I assume that's just her aesthetic. It doesn't appeal to me one bit.

I was most impressed with Bradon dress and was so happy the judges didn't call it too costumy. A lot of outfits Austin Scarlett made that I loved and thought the judges would love, they ended up shooting down calling them too costumy. Sure, maybe someone in the real world wouldn't wear dresses like that for casual wear but I could see women at parties, particularly celebrities, wearing them to make a splash. The judges have also criticized looks that are too ready to wear so sometimes I'm not even sure the judges themselves know what they want!
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-22-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Photobabe likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Bradon's is really nice. Karen's looks pretty cool too.

I actually like Belk! Also, the name comes from the family who started the store. I use to work there part-time and the store manager at the time, his last name was Belk. His family first opened the department store in Charlotte (many years ago since they are currently celebrating their 125th anniversary) and it grew from there. It ain't no Lord & Taylor but it is still a good place to shop!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Fogey

I thought Sandro should have gone home, because he created a garment, no matter how well sewn, that no woman could have worn in public anywhere. Not only did they have to block out the front, it was fairly skimpy in the back too. That's poor construction as well as poor taste--and he exhibited more of that in the terrible styling. I felt so sorry for his poor model, who was clearly embarrassed. And if a model, who often has to wear things that are more daringly cut than most women wear in public, was embarrassed by it, then clearly, it was inappropriately designed.

If not Sandro, then Miranda, who did not follow the rules for the challenge even after being warned, by Tim, that she was violating them--and good for Tim if, when he was teaching, he'd have failed a student for that, since it's a form of cheating. Everyone else had to design a garment that was primarily of parachute material. Had others violated the rules too, they might have created better garments too. Of course, I also think it would be helpful if they defined the rules precisely, so there could be no questioning whether someone was violating the rules or not--like, say, announcing that at least 75% of the material in the garment had to be parachute material. Or just flat out limiting the amount of non-parachute material with which each contestant was supplied, so they couldn't use more than quite a small amount of it (although that might work less well, since Sandro created a bathing suit--not that he violated the rule as is, but if he had, he could have gotten by with a smaller amount of material as the majority of his garment). It also really chaps me that, in terms of an unconventional materials challenge, this one was fairly easy. Yes, it's hard to work with parachute material, but at least it is material. In other unconventional materials challenges, designers have been criticized or even eliminated for making most of their garment out of things like tablecloths or garbage bags, because they were too "material-like." Miranda just used flat out material instead of the parachute silk. That would make the task even easier--and they initially put her in the top three, just because they liked the design. If the design is all that matters, then don't bother with unconventional materials at all. Just let the designers choose their own materials for all the challenges.

Incidentally, I can't wait to see what happens if one or more of the designers doesn't manage his/her money well. Do they get an automatic DQ if the run out of money before they're auf'd?

My Critiques: Best to Worst This Week

1. Bradon
    Bradonís dress was definitely the show-stopper this week. The movement it created on the runway with its billowing panels and beautiful gradients of pink in the back made for a memorable moment. He well deserved his win and immunity! Zac Posen didnít like the parachute strings on the dress but I did. They gave a nod to where the fabric of the dress came from and added to the lightness of the look of the dress. Big sturdy straps would have looked out of place on a dress this light.

2. Helen
    Helen did more with her dress than a lot of the other designers did. The colored patterns on the dress look nice and the shape of the dress is appealing.

3. Sue
    The contours of the dress look a little odd but considering what she was using for fabric, itís pretty good. Itís not a bad type of odd. Itís different enough that if I saw someone wearing this at a party, I might approach them and ask questions about the dress. She styled her model right to go with this dress.

4. Alexandria
    This is a nice casual look and it doesnít blatantly look like it was made from parachutes. The pockets are a nice touch to make the outfit useful for a woman on the go.

5. Justin
    I would have liked Justinís dress better without the odd panel in the middle on the front and back. It gives the impression that the model is wearing a tie, which just doesnít go with a dress! The overall shape of the dress is nice, though.

6. Dom
    Iíve seen outfits like this before and its kind of blah, like something a mom would wear while going to her kidís soccer game or to the mall. Perhaps if there wasnít a jacket or if the jacket had been more stylish, this look would have been better. The skirt and shirt are fine but the dumpy jacket is bringing the whole look down.

7. Alexander
    You can definitely tell this was made from a parachute. It looks like he wrapped his model in the parachute like a Christmas present and didnít bother altering the fabric to make it look like a dress. The panel s at the bottom are awkwardly placed. As one of the judges pointed out, it would have looked better to have panels on the side of the dress instead of right in front of the crotch.

8. Jeremy
    Newflash to Jeremy: The point of this challenge was not to reinvent the wheel. Parachute pants have been done before. The judges wanted to see what else you could do with parachute material! These look fine but theyíre not original or innovative enough.

9. Kate
    One of my friends is fond of saying ďJust a cotton-pickiní, chicken-pluckiní minute!Ē and thatís what this dress reminds me of--a big chicken. I know Kate canít help the shade of yellow this parachute is (although she DID purposefully pick it out at the beginning of the challenge) but perhaps she could have toned it down. I hate the roundish thing on the top. Itís not flattering to the modelís figure at all. And the little yellow flowery things donít make the sheer white top any better.

10. Ken
    Ken and Kate seemed to have the same thought for their dressesócreate a basic dress and then add some kind of mess to the top to keep it from looking basic. I hate the ruffled boa snaking around the model and want to rip it off her. Itís awful-looking and a real distraction.

11. Kahindo
    This is the weirdest-looking mess. I donít understand the asymmetrical coloring of the skirt. Thereís not much going on with this look, itís pretty basic. Too bad she didnít do the whole skirt in pink to add interest to the outfit and to make the two colors make sense together.

12. Angela
    Is this really supposed to be a complete outfit?? Who goes out in the rain with ONLY their raincoat? Generally, you would have clothes on under your raincoat so when you get to your destination, you can take off your raincoat and have dry clothes on underneath. If youíre not wearing any clothes, do you really need to bother with wearing a raincoat to keep from getting wet?

13. Karen
    The fit of this dress is horrible and makes the model look miles wide. The herringbone pattern of the material doesnít help the wideness, either. It creates an optical illusion that makes the dress look even bigger.

14. Miranda
    Miranda deserved to be in the bottom three for using almost none of the challenge material. I understand why the judges saved her because other people had worse looks than hers.

15. Timothy
    Timothy did no favors to the fabric with his ďspecialĒ treatment of it. When he was singeing the fabric to get the look he wanted, he should have just gone ahead and burned the whole outfit. It would have looked better as a pile of cinders rubbed on the modelís skin than it did as the rumpled up mess he presented on the runway.

16. Sandro
    Thereís no excuse for a modelís va-jay-jay hanging out. Then to compile the mess on the bottom of the outfit with bondage gear on top was ridiculous. Instead of wrapping the purple cording around the modelís neck, why not wrap it around her hips to cover up what her shorts arenít? I felt so sorry for the model having to wear this on the runway. She covered up as best as she could with her hands but the show still had to censor out what her hands couldnít cover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast